• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, sorry if this is a bit late, but I'm planning on going to Rocky if it's possible for someone to house me. There's one place that I might be able to stay at, but there's a possibility of no longer having that option. If anyone has any free space and is willing to let me in, please let me know. It'd be awesome if I could make it to this. ;D

Sirias

Smash Champion
SP you live up north, right? Or rather, more north than Brisbane anyway, methinks?

Kaion if you wanna team with me that's kool, otherwise I'll team with someone else, mayhaps, if anyone else is free.
I'm awesome teams partner.
UNLIKE CHRIS (Amaterasu). SUICIDES AND KILLS YOU ALDATYM!~!!

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
SP you live up north, right? Or rather, more north than Brisbane anyway, methinks?

Kaion if you wanna team with me that's kool, otherwise I'll team with someone else, mayhaps, if anyone else is free.
I'm awesome teams partner.
UNLIKE CHRIS (Amaterasu). SUICIDES AND KILLS YOU ALDATYM!~!!
I'll team with you if you want. This is the first tourney I've played brawl though.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Yo Smoking Pup, haven't seen you since the TEC days =)
Hey there. Haha, that was ages ago. If I end up going, we might have to have a few games that we never ended up playing back in the day.

Yeah I live in Gladstone, which is about 6 hours north of Brisbane. The Smash community here consists of me and the CPUs in the game. :)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Question about underused bonus.

What exactly "counts" for a player to be eligible? Only ever using those characters? Or can I use MK one game, but lose, and still be eligible? etc.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
You have to only use that character for the entirety of the bracket. Bearing the full brunt of many monstrous and brutal stage counters AND character counters.

Enjoy =D

meow.kelv

Smash Rookie
Greetings!
I was wondering if anyone will be interested if I set up an N64 at Rocky?
That is, an N64 + Smash Bros 64 + two controllers (one that is a bit buggy)

I guess this is also more of permission thing as well lol

Just seeing interest levels that is it :p

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yeah I was also one of the people who couldn't help dj and felt like ****e because of it. Kind of ironic how bob is able to house any amount of people but no one is able help him...
Is there ANYONE that can house him and his friends at all??

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Seriously guise, I found housing in VEGAS, supposedly housing just never happens there, ever; surely there's SOMEONE who can house Bob for Rocky, he's too goods. :3

Sieg

Smash Champion
There's 43 names on Bob's brick wall at his house in chalk.

They're the names of Smashers who have been housed or been there at one time or another.

DJ is a legend.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
since bob is such a legend, if no other option presents itself could we not all chip in a few dollars for a hotel room?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
ROCKY – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Thanks for coming to what is likely to be the largest and most competitive tournament in Australian Smashboards history. Have a read through this so you can prepare yourself for what will be a very busy weekend of activities.

On the mornings
• Please arrive super early (9am or earlier for Saturday morning and 9.30am at Flinders St Station for Sunday morning) – this will help you avoid lengthy registration queues and give me an extra pair of hands to help setup! You get some friendlies this way too, deal? Sunday is Dodgeball, and is amazing.
• For drivers: If you have heavy equipment to supply (and you should be bringing Televisions and console setups), enter Little Collins Street from Russell, Exhibition or Spring Streets. Then turn left into Athenaeum Place. This is the loading zone – it has lift access that will take you down to the basement hall.
• There’s plenty of private parking around the CBD – hunt around for weekend deals.
• Any items you provide for Rocky can be stored safely in the venue overnight.
• Don’t forget the little things like power-boards and extension cables.
• Everyone, please bring your Melee and Brawl console and game setups! Lately we’ve been getting more TV’s than game setups, which is somewhat disturbing…

Conduct and Tournament-Organiser discretionary powers
BAM/Rocky will be held in a central-city venue with a moderate degree of public exposure. It is a condition of entering BAM/Rocky that you exercise good and proper conduct. Anyone believed to incite anti-social or disruptive behaviour will be refused entry, or evicted by hotel security. Tournament organisers reserve the right to refuse a person entry on discretionary grounds.

Smasher Etiquette
• The efficiency of Rocky will be a group effort. Do not rely on someone to call out your match in your pools and brackets. Always check your own progress to make sure you do not fall behind the pace of the tournament. Any person found to be holding back a tournament for whatever reason, will be disqualified.
• Use your lanyards & tags (issued upon registration on the day) to find and locate people you need to verse.
• Do not engage in friendly play unless otherwise authorised by a tournament organiser (CAOTIC/Shaya/Jei/X/Redact/Myst Walker). There will be penalties for this.
• Do not hog a friendly TV set, even if you constantly win.

Crew Battle Traditions
During Brawl and Melee Crew Battles, all Smash TV stations will be switched off except for the main stage. This is designed to switch the focus of the tournament to crews, to improve the spectator atmosphere. Don’t want to watch Victoria give everyone the ****? Spend some time in the DIY room or the SF4/BB room. Or you could just leave… the city is fun on Saturday night.

Breaks
Breaks are possible during Melee and Brawl Pools, since only half of the pools will be played at any one time. If your pool is not scheduled to be played first, you’re free to explore the city and grab a bite to eat at this time, but don’t be late in returning!

Music and Videos
Got any cool beats and/or Smash Videos? Pass it onto the Smash Workstation – we have a good sound system and projector setup to put to good use.

Dodgeball
This is one of my schemes to get everyone to arrive in the city on time for the second day. We meet at the Flinders Street Station clocks early, 9.30am (The corner of Flinders Street and Swanston Street).

Payouts / Awards
If you have won anything from either Brawl and/or Melee, payouts, trophies and medals will be given out on Sunday night.

For any further questions that aren’t covered here, contact me directly:
CAOTIC: 0466-352-145

OH, AND THAT TERRIBLE WEATHER! Forecast:
Friday: Shower clearing, Max: 16
Saturday: Mostly sunny, Max: 18
Sunday: Mostly sunny, Max: 22

S.D

Smash Master
Greetings!

N64 is an EXTREMELY touchy subject at major tournaments after OHN7 - where an impromptu smash 64 tournament derailed a lot of plans. Honestly with the size of this tournament and the need to utilise all equipment for tournament purposes I can't see any justification for a smash 64 setup. Ask CAOTIC but I don't think it's likely.

After reading Cao's post I think I'm now feeling the hype. Rocky is so exciting! Like our very own mini genesis :)

isthattim?

Smash Ace
Greetings!

i can't see any reasons you cant do it in the DIY section if you can find/bring a TV, i dont like your chances of setting it up in the smash section tho given how much time will be taken up with actual tournament matches

also, i wanna see what the poll results are without voting cos i don't think any of those guys will win

S.D

Smash Master
i can't see any reasons you cant do it in the DIY section if you can find/bring a TV, i dont like your chances of setting it up in the smash section tho given how much time will be taken up with actual tournament matches

also, i wanna see what the poll results are without voting cos i don't think any of those guys will win
You can view the poll results without voting, there should be an option in the bottom right of the poll window.

tibs7

Smash Champion
how can you tell who voted for who?
im guessing shaya voted for himself to? it is a shaya thing to do lol
and <3 ted he will win

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
tibs, click on the numbers on the poll to see.

Even though I want Ted to win, You better get max points for Diddy!
:mad:

tedeth

Smash Master
See my fencing coach tells me "If you don't go into every bout certain that you will win your chances are basically 0". I'm adopting that strategy for smash. :)

tibs7

Smash Champion
dw vyse i will try my best! ;) so maybe the other diddy mains on the boards will actually take something in that i say lol

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be fairly strict on this, if there is any room for setup in the Smash section that is not for Smash tournaments, it will be one of the larger DIY tournaments (SC4, MBAA, GG, ST). Reason being that the Smash area has the most room for crowd. Anything else will be moved to the DIY section.

Vermy

Smash Champion
CAO, what's the parking situation like? According to the first page there's a loading bay, but is there parking at the venue itself?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
N64 is an EXTREMELY touchy subject at major tournaments after OHN7 - where an impromptu smash 64 tournament derailed a lot of plans. Honestly with the size of this tournament and the need to utilise all equipment for tournament purposes I can't see any justification for a smash 64 setup. Ask CAOTIC but I don't think it's likely.
Actually they didn't use N64s, they wasted Wii's with that **** game. AND MADE people enter who didn't want to.
If one would bring an N64 why waste it on that **** when there are 40 better N64 games (want me to list them?) and TWO better Smash games. FFS.

S.D

Smash Master
Actually they didn't use N64s, they wasted Wii's with that **** game. AND MADE people enter who didn't want to.
If one would bring an N64 why waste it on that **** when there are 40 better N64 games (want me to list them?) and TWO better Smash games. FFS.
I didn't say they used N64's...

Anyway I agree with you on all fronts, I can't see that there is a place for it in the smash section, maybe if they brought their own equipment they could set up in the DIY section. I think it would be best if all available equipment could be utilised for the main smash events though.

Top Bottom