• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
more like hall

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaall

HAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

C~Dog

Smash Champion
How many people have match recording stuff they can bring? I know Tanman has stuff he brings to stigma, and iirc its Shaya you records the Sydney vids.

Gords

Smash Champion
Anyone up to hanging out this arvo for a couple of hours, maybe show me arround or visit the nintendo store. Up to anything really. My flight arrives about 4pm and I need to meet Larry around 6:30 at flinders so I have about 1 and a half hours to kill.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll be around at this time since I live and work in the city. 0466-352-145. Likely to do be shopping for tournament goods, like dodgeballs.

Gords

Smash Champion
Sounds good Cao. I'll give you a buz when the airport shuttle gets into flinders.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It gets into Southern Cross. You can catch a train to Flinders Street from there; it's only 1 stop.

Gords

Smash Champion
Thanks for the heads up. I knew southern cross was only a stop away but didn't know the shuttle didn't drop off at flinders. No big deal though

Bjay

Smash Lord
Well I'm off to the Airport now to head to Melbourne.

Will be there this arvo.

swordsaint

Smash Master
The reality of Rocky's arrival has just set in for me with someone already leaving to melbourne. D=
I'm scared of all you frightening Melbourne peoples. :(

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
FYI - Just for the back of everyone's mind, if anyone sees Jadegreen around, please notify any one of the Tournament Organisers (CAOTIC, Myst Walker, Shaya, Jei, Redact, X, Zan, Loki) and she will be asked to leave the venue. I have a ban against her on this event and have made the necessary notifications, without any response from DJKaion.

Also, because we're getting 5-10 pages a day right now, please just read the "WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW" part of the first post in this thread. TVs, console setups, powerstrips, punctuality are now more important that ever. People are still signing up for this, and we're becoming close to overselling the event.

I love prank calls. I send them my wubs.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I love this.

The new Generation of Smash is moving ahead with a lot of steam.
No more floundering about at all.

I hope the old school smashers will hang around for one more year. I want a shot with you guys next year at least. I have some important news concerning something big next year as well, but I want to leave it til after Rocky before I start spilling the beans.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
ATTN To out of staters, If you don't want to freeze your ***** off i strongly recommend you bring lots of warm clothes. Melbourne weather is kinda random and most likely it will be very deceiving weather. (looks like it'll be warm with the sun shinning, but with a killer cold Breeze) x_x

And cao i don't think ill be able to bring my tv anymore... =x conor said he cant take it in

Gords

Smash Champion
Conor, I am fine to tank a TV on my lap if necassary. Surely it can't be bigger than Berta.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Turns out i may be able to bring it after all. It depends exactly how we are getting to the city on the saturday xD

@Gords: sure you can take the tv on your lap. if you dont mind your lap being ground into a fine pink powder by the monolithe that is leish's tv

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
ATTN To out of staters, If you don't want to freeze your ***** off i strongly recommend you bring lots of warm clothes. Melbourne weather is kinda random and most likely it will be very deceiving weather. (looks like it'll be warm with the sun shinning, but with a killer cold Breeze) x_x
Zoot Suit:

The infamous Melbourne weather strikes again! T_T

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
There won't be a live stream. I don't think you guys really understand what sort of undertaking getting a live stream up would take. American tournaments get real for profit companies to do this, and they expect their audiences to be quite a lot bigger than the attendance of the tournament and not the other way around.

****... American internet infrastructure is barely able to handle live streams, and you think WE can manage it?!

I don't know how conditional the Internet connection is. If they don't place limits on us using it, then it's fine, but if they do it will be staff only.

D0N

Smash Ace
Would anyone mind picking me up from the airport and giving me a ride to the greenhouse backpacker place (around 5:30 on friday)? Or giving me SPECIFIC directions from/to where I'm headed? I don't exactly have a phone for when I get lost or anything being from the US and all, and I would rather not take chances. I'll give a few bucks for gas if necessary.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-Anyway, who wants to pick me up from the airport at 11:30pm on Friday is free to also <3
I'll tell you all the mk secrets (spam B moreeee)

-But yeah, hopefully shaya can upload tourney matches like he usually does with some sydney commentary =)

unreon

Smash Ace
Seriously guys reading this thread reminds me of how excited I am to attend.

Jeez should I bring my, *ahem* my brother's *ahem* camera?! OMGOSH I want to happy snaps everything D:

AHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've got some tachycardia.

Cao what have you done to me DDDDDDDD:

D0N

Smash Ace
K nevermind that airport thing, I forgot about the skybus 24/7 thing that goes straight to the backpackers place. I'm not sure which airport I'm arriving at though, my IT just says Melbourne Virgin Blue T3 Terminal...

tedeth

Smash Master
My plane gets into the airport at like 3:45 but I'm not getting picked up 'till like 8. If someone else is getting in early we should chill for a while or something. I'm sure I'll be amazingly bored.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
D0N - You'll be arriving in Tullamarine, where the SkyBus connects to the city. From there it's about a 15 minute walk or 5 minute tram ride to the hostel. Once you're in the city, it should be easy to navigate yourself around. The city street system is very simple.

I'll be happy to direct if you call my number: 0466-352-145

Ted - Take the SkyBus to Southern Cross and call me. I'll duck out of work and say hi.

Top Bottom