• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Thanks Dekar, unsurprisingly there's not much public transport going at 3am, lol, but it's given me a map to walk. Thanks.

Afro: Ask me at Rocky, I'll explain there

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
atticus (bad player) decided to bail on rocky so i need to find a new team mate for melee
looking for like someone not very bad, so they can carry me to the finals (then we lose to feri and cao)

also i can teach you bb and youll come like top8 with my tutes

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
*Votes 1 for Atlas winning Brawl* and I'll throw it out there *Votes 1 for Dekar winning Melee via blinding fury!*

Ganna be watching to see if you noobs are as awesome now as KO builds up - PLEASE be awesome I'd be ever so cuuted :)

Sirias

Smash Champion
Ok.

Me and Moose (Nick) are confirmed for travelling.
We've booked our tickets.

Departs:- 5 AM
Arrives:- 8 30 AM

And me and Nick will be staying with Larry (right, Gords?) so that's kool.
(edited): We'll be leaving on Tuesday at 9 PM. So if Larry can't house us then we'll stay at a Hostel for the last night or somewhere else if someone's kool with that. Could anyone take us back to the airport? Or I suppose we could always take the bus back to the airport?

Well... See you guys on Saturday, like... an hour before the tournament starts. Haha.
No sleep. So tired.
Greeeaaattt...
As well as being sick, I'm sure we'll do 'just fine'.

Edit:

I want to attend the Blazblue tournament as well, even though I'm not very good.
I wonder how bad I'll go, haha.
Only played the game for like 2 days. XD

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-I wish I was in Melbourne already, feel as though I'm missing out even though it hasn't even started! So hard to concentrate at uni about hearts and stuff when all I wanna do is come down!
Arghhhhhhh

kupo

Smash Lord
Hey, anyone know if theres any decent parking places that are cheap for the whole day? Unfortunately, I'm pretty lost in the City and rely on another person to find way :p. But yeah, any area you know would be great (even if its like 5-10mins away). Thanks :p

WTF Atticus not coming. WHY?! *sadpanda*

Hype Hype! Cuties to win!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
So hard to concentrate at uni about hearts and stuff when all I wanna do is come down!
doctor: we're now ready for you to have your triple bypass surgery. you're surgeon will be chris. he will use no anesthetic, no assistants, no gloves, NO SCALPEL, NO HEART RATE MONITOR, NO PATIENT, NO SURGEON, NO HOSPITAL, NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
As long as I have MK everything is possible <3
I wish you could be here atilla, but I guess we'll just have to keep you updated >.<
Hopefully this is where my training against your snake pays off!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yeargh, this is really annoying.

I keep saying I shouldn't go. But I keep looking at the prices of plane tickets and crafting stories in my head to trick my parents as to why I should suddenly want to go to Melbourne.

EDIT:

No!
Bad Vyse.

I have two assignments due next week.
And two more the week after.

BAD VYSE.

EDIT2:

Yes, I definitely hate myself for not coming to Rocky, but I'll hate myself even more if I let smash be the reason for failing my assignments.

****, now I know how Samurai Panda felt when he talked about smash in Rofa's documentary.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
At least you can control your impulses a little Vyse.

I'm really disgusting when it comes to situations like the one you're in. I'd just drive myself insane until I somehow found a way to make it happen, which can even go as far as selling Xbox 360's (like I did last time). >_>

>_>

Dekar289

Smash Hero
trick with these is to buy plane tickets early, return for <$100
get housed, or free accommodation some other way
entry into tournament is $40 total
bring $50 for food

total cost ~$200
= 1 day of good busking (i assume lol)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I just have to stop thinking about blowing $600+ on a two day trip.
I really want to go just to see everyone together. More than the tournament by far.

A tournament like this is something I've always wanted to see in Australia, and I knew that with Brawl and Melee combined it could be done. It's one of those things that I'm not satisfied being a spectator of across the internet.

Like it was for me at Genesis, where I fulfilled a childhood dream of attending a smash tournament. Hell, I even got to meet Zelgadis, and he signed my hat.

Smash makes me into a very emotional person when it comes to things like this, simply because I'm glad to be apart of something so great.

Instead of lamenting not being able to come to this, I should be working towards making SQUAT even better :)

Splice

Smash Hero
I have the added benefit of being cute (apparently), but I make like (very roughly) $80 in an hour and a bit, So yeah I'd advise people wanting to go to Smash tournies interstate to learn the guitar. Although some people like to buy everything. Pity i cant spend any of my money til im 16+ though :/

Vyse is very dedicated person.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
awww zelgadis signed your hat

edit: HOLY **** SPLICE IS GOING TO BE AN INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I am doing a Pre-Rocky group dinner at a Pizzaria in central Melbourne called +39. It's very nice and reasonably priced (large gourmet pizzas $14-$25).

Location and information:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1431040/restaurant/CBD/39-Pizzaria-Degastation-Bar-Melbourne

I'll try to organize this for sometime 8pm tonight, so if everyone wants in just give me a holler. 0466-352-145.

Also, if anyone wants a sneak peek at the Victoria Hotel's venue, Couch Warriors and I are setting up between 8pm and 10pm tonight.

Peace out, good games at N2C, many new faces.

If anyone wants me tomorrow I'll be at the Westin.

Don't forget to SUIT IT UP FOR ROCKY.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Holy carp, rocky is tomorrow. TOMORROW PEOPLE

And people are getting here today! THAT'S THE DAY BEFORE TOMORROW. WHICH IS TODAY

Top Bottom