• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Anyone rocking up to Melb at 8:35pm friday? also... my flight to Melb is 5pm to 8:35pm (3ish hours), but the flight back is 4pm - 5:05pm (1ish hour), what's up with that? o_O

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I don't think anyone here cares about Rocky clashing with a tournament in Chicago.

D0N

Smash Ace
Ted ill get there 2 hours after you. Not that it'll do you much good since CAO can be there 2 hours before me and ill want to go put my stuff in the hostel straight away.

D0N

Smash Ace
Oh, well I may see you there then lol. If not then hopefully you don't get your revenge against me at Rocky too soon ;)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Anyone that was planning to be staying with me on Thursday night - my house is no longer able to accommodate since I'm too busy for it, so I got 4 beds at a hotel in the city where yall can crash at. It's about $20 a head and I might join in as well, although I'd probably want to sleep at my own place since it's only a mile away.

Also, Dodgeball equipment cost me $40 today, a gold coin donation for it would be nice...

Sirias

Smash Champion
HELLO THERE!!!

Me, DJ Cat, Arrow and Moose will be staying in a hotel (most probably) on Friday and Saturday night.

Is there anyone that knows that they can house up to 4 people on Sunday night?
It'd just be easier, financially, on all of us if we could be housed.
Or any night, really.

We'll all be leaving Monday (Gords, are you ok with that?) so we only really need Sunday night.

If anyone can house us or thinks they can then give me a txt/call:-

0423 692 557

See you guys then! <3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah, Vermy's is legit. We got 2 days, so I welcome all other iPods to mix it up.

Thanks Vyse, <3

Thanks D0N, <3

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
So basically I will be in the city most of Thursday, spend the night and spend all day Friday because I have the day off work. If anyone wants to hang out or anything I switched my life off for the next four days so let me know.

0432 043 681
jei.varas@gmail.com

<3 Melbourne.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
how about this? would everyone be willing to pay an extra $2 to cao? its only like $2 surely everyone can fork out an extra $2, and then it covers dodgeball fee's AND cao can split the rest between people who weren't able to get housing and had to pay for a hotel.

I think its only fair, since housing should be for everyone but unfortuanly there just isnt enough, and it was simply bad luck that some people got gay'd and had to pay for a hotel.

so why not, we're all a big family right? so be a bro and help each other out and donate $2 to cao

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
how about this? would everyone be willing to pay an extra $2 to cao? its only like $2 surely everyone can fork out an extra $2, and then it covers dodgeball fee's AND cao can split the rest between people who weren't able to get housing and had to pay for a hotel.

I think its only fair, since housing should be for everyone but unfortuanly there just isnt enough, and it was simply bad luck that some people got gay'd and had to pay for a hotel.

so why not, we're all a big family right? so be a bro and help each other out and donate $2 to cao
we help him out every tournament he goes to with winnings, 40$ isnt much for someone who has a government job, whereas for most other people being uni students money, is tough to come by, but yeah 2 dollars isnt much, i just dont really see that beign a problem when chances are cao will place in both melee doubles and singles and as for the people who need to pay for accom now im one of them so no bias.

also jei i get in to melbourne today at around 5 i wouldnt mind hanging witha group of smashers as ill be there by myself ha

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Turtle's right, Dodgeball can be a gift to everyone if I place in Rocky and decide to keep my winnings. But just for the record I'm pretty sure I'm going to outspend most people by a mile in Rocky ;)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well I wasnt saying GIVE the money to cao for personal spending, it was for dodgeball and peoples accomadation costs.

VashT.S.

Smash Apprentice
I'd definitely be up for that. He can also take some more of my money in mm's haha

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
accomodation costs would be cool for DJ Cat. He houses everybody that comes to QLD for free and pretty much hosts EVERYTHING on QLD. I think he deserves a bit of a favour in return if he can't be housed :(.

But I can't come to rocky so my oppinion doesnt matter much lol.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Attention:
Everyone able to must wear a suit to Rocky, lest fear Vermy's wrath. I have LL Kool Jei agree with this idea made of awesomocity, so in the spirit of the event...

SUIT UP!

Zero

Smash Hero
I didn't bring one :[ I did bring my awesome jacket though, so np boiz.

Sieg, Summoner, EA and I are now in Melbs, what's here to do?! :) Anyone willing to meet up and do stuff either this arvo or tomorrow is cool, call me on 0433833024

:]

Sirias

Smash Champion
Dudes, if I fly down today, what would I do? Haha.
I'd have no idea where to go or anything.

--

Edit:

Also, if I go down by myself, would anyone be able to house me?
Sick.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ill house someone if they dont mind staying in a bad house and they sleep on the floor
1 person
one night (this could be extended)
heaps ghetto house

also up for chilling with people during friday/today when they get here

Sirias

Smash Champion
Ok change of plans -again-

We (Kas, Moose) MIGHT be flying down on the day of the tournament (Saturday) arriving at 8:25 AM. Arrow and Moose both haven't signed up for the tournament, but I'm guessing the registration time will give them enough time to sign up? (we're all slightly sick as well C: QLD germs for win)

DJ CAT and ARROW might be coming but they're still sort of undecided.

So... is there anyone that can house us (Kas and Nick) either both together or one to each, definitely?
Kthx.

My feet hurt and I'm hungry. :C

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Ok change of plans -again-

We (Kas, Moose) MIGHT be flying down on the day of the tournament (Saturday) arriving at 8:25 AM. Arrow and Moose both haven't signed up for the tournament, but I'm guessing the registration time will give them enough time to sign up? (we're all slightly sick as well C: QLD germs for win)
Rego desk will be open pretty much until the afternoon tournaments. As long as you're at the venue before the tournament running starts, pay your venue and tournament fees you're fine by us. Also, if you haven't signed your name down for tournaments in the other thread, do it, so Cao knows to expect you.

Just FYI, I know you guys are spending money to come down here, but it's more than a little irresponsible to attend an event where you will spread illness. I hope that you are all on the tail end of it.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I didn't bring one :[ I did bring my awesome jacket though, so np boiz.

Sieg, Summoner, EA and I are now in Melbs, what's here to do?! :) Anyone willing to meet up and do stuff either this arvo or tomorrow is cool, call me on 0433833024

:]
Meet with me and ricky tomorrow =), we'll be around then

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Must get a post in on page 128.

Gear's almost all packed, Cao my ipod's coming with me so got some music there too.

What's the name of the transit system in Melbourne? I want to look up where the bus station is and get a map from there to the hostel.

Top Bottom