• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gords

Smash Champion
That would of have been me. For brawl and we can have epic team training at condogs the night before. Also if you are looking for melée teammate as well I'll be happy to team for melée as well.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
That would of have been me. For brawl and we can have epic team training at condogs the night before. Also if you are looking for melée teammate as well I'll be happy to team for melée as well.
Alrighty, I'll team with you for both =P

Afropony

Smash Lord
Really Don? o_O I never saw it haha, my bad, I guess this thread grows to quick... But you're on

Atyeo: You're on too

Splice: You too.

So I have Don, Atyeo and Splice, anyone else?

Edit: Also, who wanted to team with me again?
I would also like to mm you Hotdog $5? best of 5 we could just do 5 $1 MM's

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Aight, my money matches are Best of 3, any start stages, $5 each (unless people wanna up the price) =)

zApollo

Smash Ace
I'd rather just play than bet on money. I hope I can grab some friendlies throughout the rocky event (however unlikely) just to play brawlers from around the country. I'm sick of being stuck in SA ^.^

Gords

Smash Champion
Summoner
are you taking a N64 down with you?
I'll also pokebattle you for free.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I can take several if they're required. I'll take my pokemon one down regardless :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
In fact, get married AT Rocky. Leisha, TM and Kupo could be Bridesmaids and Amaterasu could be the best man.

I voted Tedeth to win. It'll be Chris' MK Vs. Wario in the finals.

Wario, cha cha cha
Wario, cha cha cha

Dekar289

Smash Hero
sif chris lose to some wario

people will be paying to get pics with him after he wins

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-If everyone believes you guys, they will be sorely disspointed when they play me in RL haha, the real picture involves me SDing every once in a while, trying to spam tornado and running into snake's ftilt and utilt =)

-And dekar, facebook says ure b-day is on Tues, we should use that as an excuse to bring cake to the tourney (along with top hats and what not) <3

Dekar289

Smash Hero
hellz yeah cake it up
top hats kinda gay but ok!
have to adapt for the qlders i guess ;)

Sirias

Smash Champion
I'm going Ike.
Top low-tier player, for sure.

Who else plays low-tier?

Edit:

See I would use Falco and Toon Link, but I know I can't win, so I'm not gonna try to win, and just instead be top low-tier, because I'm sexy like that, ohyar. <3

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Kaion, you should team with Kas or Amaterasu.

Zimmerman approves.

Secretly, M2k likes SF4 best.
(The shirt)

D0N

Smash Ace
I'm going Ike.

Who else plays low-tier?

Edit:

See I would use Falco and Toon Link, but I know I can't win, so I'm not gonna try to win, and just instead be top low-tier, because I'm sexy like that, ohyar. <3
Its under used, not low tier. BAM page says:

Eligible Characters: Peach, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Zelda/Sheik, Jigglypuff, Ike, Mario, Yoshi, Samus, Luigi, Link, Captain Falcon, Bowser.

The list should be right unless they decide to do the underused bonus based on the rankings now, which would be unfair to some who made plans already. (Is it the same CAO?)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm sure Caotic and all of you guys want Rocky to be a success, so here's a little something I think all of you need to read.

To everyone one that has attended a tournament or plans to in the future, I implore you to read the following paragraphs that I’m taking my time to write. As a Smash player, I have been to many tournaments, some of which that involved crossing the state lines to meet new and exciting individuals. As a tournament organizer, I’ve hosted tournaments that are spotty at best, organized events for people to come practice, and I’ve helped out my fellow TO’s when they’ve had tournaments just as they do the same for me. I merely wish to state that as a community we have become over reliant on our tournament organizers.

If a tournament fails, it is due to the short sightedness of the TO. If there is anything that goes wrong in a tournament it is his or her fault. If there are only ten set ups, then he will be the blame. If a tournament runs long, it becomes his fault for not managing time. If the tournament exceeds the length that the venue was scheduled for, it is on his shoulders to find a solution. The TO will be heckled for these things, and he has come to expect it, yet when these things happen it isn’t his fault. As a participant in a tournament there are certain rules that you should follow to the letter. I thought that they would be unspoken, yet it seems that tournaments are echoing the same issues no matter where you turn.

1. Be proactive. Ask the TO if he needs help with anything. Maybe he has a setup that he has left in his car, and if he spends time going get it, he won’t be able to work on the sign ups.
2. Bring set ups. Even if all you can bring is a Wii or a 15 inch tv, bring it. I’ve never been to a tournament that had a set up that wasn’t used. Hell, bring a power strip if that’s all you can muster.
3. Be punctual. If it is time for you to do a match, do not dawdle. Don’t make the TO hunt you down. Don’t make the TO hunt for you. If you’re going to have to step outside to grab a bite to eat in between a bracket match, make sure to let him know.
4. Be nice. Remember that the TO’s are typically aren’t getting paid. Many of them don’t really even have a shot of winning the tournament that they are hosting. Hosting a tournament is a draining process.
5. Know the rules before hand. Don’t show up to a tournament not knowing that a stage isn’t banned. The TO doesn’t have time to hear Johns. More so, the day of a tournament is not the time to attempt to change the rules.
6. Be attentive. The moment that you hear an announcement about a match for one of your crew mates, make sure that they are aware. For every announcement a TO makes on a PA, he has to repeat himself ten times.
7. Report your matches immediately after completion.
8. Don’t bring large bills. Seriously, don’t be that guy. Try not to bring anything larger than a ten dollar bill. I can’t tell you how many times change runs out and sign ups are turned into a frantic hunt for who can break a twenty.
9. Create a kinetic environment. When you see someone dawdling after they’ve been called to a match five minutes ago, encourage them to actually get to where they need to be.
10. Clean up. Don’t ditch at the end of the day with the venue in a mess.

It is my belief that many times when a tournament fails that the players have a larger stake in its lack of success due to how they handle the situations. Stop relying on the TO for every problem. I’m not asking that everyone show up fifteen minutes before a tournament starts to help the TO set up. If everyone works together and is mindful of the ten concepts that I have supplied, tournaments will run better.

And most importantly. If the TO is drowning, jump in and save him.
Seriously consider these things and help Rocky and other future tournaments be a success! It's not just the TO who makes the tournament, it all falls on your shoulders too.

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice
I'm going Ike.

Who else plays low-tier?

Edit:

So you're gonna be the competition as well are you? I play Sheik and Ike and I'm only using them for Rocky. I'm more sexy cause I actually main Sheik and second Ike. =P
Although, At the moment I haven't been at the best of game. I'll have to play a lot more within the week.
I'll be ready for Rocky and earn that underused bonus. XD

Oh, and Sorry CAO but it's gonna happen. =P

Sieg

Smash Champion
No. He doesn't even touch top tier.

He actually mains Ike.

Besides, Kas is the most sexy man in Australia. I'd tap him in an instant.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Another Ike-y, aye?
To be honest I think Ike is pretty broken, I wouldn't call him low tier, at 'least' high-mid, he's bad against MK and Snake but I mean... he's not really that bad against everyone else, at least from my own experiences.
I don't like doing Ike dittos, they're boring.
And if Peach is considered low-tier for Rocky, then that's good, 'cause I'll use Peach as well.

Edit:

I main Ike and second Peach, and I use Falco or Toon Link every now and then as well, but not often, basically only against characters I know I can't really do well against with Ike, like Kirby or Snake or MK.
But I mean, if there's some reputation (and money) involved in being the top low-tier player, then I'll take my chances.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thanks Vyse, that is very much appreciated.

I have some additional comments that I will post tomorrow as well.

D0N - The underused characters you have specified remain. Enjoy your $100.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
So there is no chance of the underused character list changing after recent shifts in placing? Ice Climbers remaining underused is a bit weird. =S

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
And he wouldn't have used them exclusively either.

I don't care if the underused bonus is weird - I made it up and it's better than nothing! So quit whining!

kupo

Smash Lord
Lame, Melee Teams that early.

Hmmmmm...

*cry* I'll do whatever it takes to win Melee teams. CUTIES to WIN!

Why fit all the crew stuff on sat instead of balancing some of the stuff on Sun. Just curious. Thanks

lol Vyse :p

Dekar289

Smash Hero
melee singles on first day, a hell of a lot quicker than brawl singles on sunday
thats why all crew battles are on saturday

OMFG 10AM
whatever CUTIES FTW

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
<marquee behavior="alternate">:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: </marquee>

I will definitely have to rethink how I'll run SQUAT based on the success here.
I like splitting up the games to their respective days, but time constraints etc.

There's also the fact that SQUAT will be fuelled by the majority of players who aren't core scene smashers if you get what I mean. I guess we'll see.

Top Bottom