• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Matchup Chart v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The infinite doesn't matter at all until it becomes a common occurance, and a consistently proven one at that. People will give 0 ****s about that infinite until there is high level tournament evidence of it making a difference.
AKA we need a japanese Dedede :awesome:
Basically, I have yet to see any High level D3 even use the Infinite on Anyone in tournament. So can't really say that cause of one thing that's never been used that the MU is -2.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
The infinite doesn't matter at all until it becomes a common occurance, and a consistently proven one at that. People will give 0 ****s about that infinite until there is high level tournament evidence of it making a difference.
This sounds really familiar...

Player-1

Smash Legend
oh yeah, i just went back and read it. Yeah jebus is dumb, that doesn't work....but GaW does have the worst "get hit with a banana" animation in the game. It's tied with Jiggz, at least according to the frame data I have.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
D3 has more to Ike than chaingrabs and getting gimped like D3 has good options to punish Ike's side B (Which is like the only fast thing going for him)
Got to here before I stopped taking you seriously.

C.J.

Smash Master
*Sees new post in Brawl Metagame subforum and cringes*
*Sees it's from San and clicks thinking something well thought out and insightful to make people shut up*
*One liner*
:c

PZ

Smash Lord
I am sorry but this thread stopped making any sense anymore btw jebus that cv is probably my favorite diddy kong CV.

Wish I could see a shield break from some characters cuz alot can really abuse it at any percent to the extent of a 0-death.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I tested this and Ness slides too far for D3 to regrab him unlike Lucas.
I tested this as well, and Ness can be regrabbed.

Trust me. lol

Also as far as I know, Yoshi cannot be infinited by Dedede, unless its against a wall or by that near impossible to do pivot grab thing.

1. Yoshi slides too far away
2. buffered spot dodge says helllllooooooooooooo.
Pezza said:
Man imma go ask Aerodrome to see if dash dance pivot grab infinites actually exist.

I mean Doc King, no offense intended but no one will really believe you about them if you have no videos of them or no analysis of the frame data, especially for one with your reputation around these boards.
No worries, I can do this for you, as long as you tell me how it's supposed to be inputted. ;)

Talk to me on MSN later tonight imo.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Uhhhhh bull****. Were you DIing with her at all? Tipper Usmash doesn't even kill jiggs that early.
It was charged and fresh. She died pretty much before she could begin momentum canceling.

To be fair, I didn't DI, but perfect DI would probably only add an extra 10% at the most. :)

Judo777

Smash Master
It was charged and fresh. She died pretty much before she could begin momentum canceling.

To be fair, I didn't DI, but perfect DI would probably only add an extra 10% at the most. :)
um no holding the opposite direction of your hit adds about 10% good Di adds about 20 to 30% (maybe more).

No DI ivysaur dies to Eruption at 4% (max power) you can't convince me he can't survive at 14%

Also 100% was an exaggeration but its closer to about 85%

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
WTF IS GOING ON HERE?

Nothing is making sense in here. I was just joking before when I used to say but damn Jebus and Doc King you got **** so ****ed up in things don't make any damn sense.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Aero Judo is right, Sheik can't really kill Jigglypuff that early.

Back when I used to use Sheik I always thought it was like -1 for Jigglypuff.
Sheik thrives on combos and a lot of her stuff stops working on Jigglypuff at like 50, needles aren't very effective since she's always in the air, and Sheik can't even kill her early unless you get a tipped up smash.
Jigglypuff can also gimp Sheik pretty decently.

These things also make the think the Samus Mu is only like +1 for Sheik.

Shieks combos just don't work too well on floaty characters.

Edit: Iblis gettin trolled

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
um no holding the opposite direction of your hit adds about 10% good Di adds about 20 to 30% (maybe more).

No DI ivysaur dies to Eruption at 4% (max power) you can't convince me he can't survive at 14%

Also 100% was an exaggeration but its closer to about 85%
Yeah 85% is about right imo, but if Jigglypuff misses Rest, you can push her closer to the edge of the stage (for just under two seconds) and do a fully charged up-smash. Assuming perfect DI I'd assume (haven't done testing, but I can if you REALLY want me too) she'd die at about 65-70%.

Fuujin said:
Aero Judo is right, Sheik can't really kill Jigglypuff that early.

Back when I used to use Sheik I always thought it was like -1 for Jigglypuff.
Sheik thrives on combos and a lot of her stuff stops working on Jigglypuff at like 50, needles aren't very effective since she's always in the air, and Sheik can't even kill her early unless you get a tipped up smash.
lawl we were talking about punishing a failed Rest, not Sheik's in general killing power (which is very low, yeah). ;)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
D3 is too good at wombo comboing puff with d throw to Donkey Punch, DK D smash, Yoshi's up smash, Falco's lazer lock, etc.
D3's down throw does not combo into anything against Jiggs unless she is a ******.

Jigglypuff beats Sheik, imo.
Either this or its even. Sheik really has nothing to threaten Puff with, the match-up is like a watered down version of the Melee one.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
since yink only talks about ness and lucas, id assume her comment has something to do with a matchup that ness has that involves some random GR stuff.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
YO FORGET THIS! I'm gonna test that crap with mink next time i go to his apartment. And i will friggin be bk.

Judo777

Smash Master
D3's down throw does not combo into anything against Jiggs unless she is a ******.

Either this or its even. Sheik really has nothing to threaten Puff with, the match-up is like a watered down version of the Melee one.
It's even. It's kinda like the MK and Kirby MU, but instead of us never being allowed to swing our moves actually win, but she has more mobility (which is WAAAAYYYYY less of a problem than our moves getting beat all day).

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Aero, I don't think Doc King understands that data you just showed. :)

EDIT: NOOOO WHY DID MY PREMIUM END T_T

Doc King

Smash Lord
Man imma go ask Aerodrome to see if dash dance pivot grab infinites actually exist.

I mean Doc King, no offense intended but no one will really believe you about them if you have no videos of them or no analysis of the frame data, especially for one with your reputation around these boards.
That's true, especially for these kind of people. XD

I actually have Brawl replays of me doing this technique, so I could probably give them to you so you guys can finally understand something that should've been understood a year ago.
Got to here before I stopped taking you seriously.
It's true that D3 has more to Ike than just chaingrabs and edge guarding.
I tested this as well, and Ness can be regrabbed.

Trust me. lol

Also as far as I know, Yoshi cannot be infinited by Dedede, unless its against a wall or by that near impossible to do pivot grab thing.

1. Yoshi slides too far away
2. buffered spot dodge says helllllooooooooooooo.

No worries, I can do this for you, as long as you tell me how it's supposed to be inputted. ;)

Talk to me on MSN later tonight imo.
Cool to know Ness can get regrabbed.

You just dash forward and back in a dash dancing to a pivot grab right after you d throw. It takes some timing, but it can get mastered if correctly timed.
WTF IS GOING ON HERE?

Nothing is making sense in here. I was just joking before when I used to say but damn Jebus and Doc King you got **** so ****ed up in things don't make any damn sense.
You don't make any sense. Get outta here.

Team combos, Smashville platform combo, upward slope tech chases, and ice chaingrab.
This. I even has frame data to prove it.

[collapse=Jigglypuff frame advantage vs Dedede dthrow]1: +0
2: +0
3: +0
4: +0
5: +0
6: -1
7: -1
8: -1
9: -1[/collapse] ;)
Team combos, Smashville platform combo, upward slope tech chases, and ice chaingrab.
Aero, I don't think Doc King understands that data you just showed. :)

EDIT: NOOOO WHY DID MY PREMIUM END T_T
I know what's he's talking about, let me explain this to you guys in detail.

When D3 d throws puff, Puff can't DI. However, Puff is just able to air dodge before landing which kills the ability to combo. However, we can still do some things with it like tech chase without puff being able to air dodge when down thrown on an upward slope. We can do that smashville combo on the platform where we can down throw and we can even get a d tilt for a finisher. We can do the d throws on the ice in ps2.

The main awesomeness of this is that we can get strong legit team combos and traps on Puff that can make her die extremely early. D3 really is a threat to puff now imo because of this. You can even do this d throw to a footstool jump with falco to a d3 jab to a falco lazer lock for a legit, untechable combo. D3 can then finish Puff with a f smash or something.

You can only air dodge at frame 15 or more, so you get a 14 frame advantage when it comes to team combos. You can even trap her with ground stuff like Brinstar acid, Diddy's bananas, and Snake's d smash.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you do realise that ddd cant combo puff out of down throw solo AT ALL right?

like, its frame neutral after the down throw and it takes 7(?) frames to grab which means puff has 7 frames to act and not get grabbed. down tilt is what? 8 frames? same thing, there is NOTHING guaranteed on a move that is frame neutral.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I swear, I'm switching mains just because of not wanting to be associated with Doc King.

Doc King

Smash Lord
you do realise that ddd cant combo puff out of down throw solo AT ALL right?

like, its frame neutral after the down throw and it takes 7(?) frames to grab which means puff has 7 frames to act and not get grabbed. down tilt is what? 8 frames? same thing, there is NOTHING guaranteed on a move that is frame neutral.
I'm confused of what you are trying to say. I saw in a metagame minute vid that it takes 15 frames to air dodge hitstun while you are in the air. Also, different moves come out in different frames. If Puff can't air dodge on slopes, then she can't do anything else. Same thing for the other stuff. Puff can only air dodge on flat stages.
I swear, I'm switching mains just because of not wanting to be associated with Doc King.
Then I'm switching my main to :metaknight:

:troll:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I remember when someone said Ike's range let him compete against MK
That sounds pretty accurate in my book. Ike can compete against MK because of his range - if it weren't for his range he wouldn't be able to.

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom