• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings (11/25/12: NEW RANKINGS UPDATED!)

Sharky

Smash Master
hm, more reason for you guys to come to syracuse, lots more people to play coming to it. /shamelessadvertising =D

but on a slightly more serious note I hope you guys get past this rut, having a very small pool of people to play and practice with really sucks =(

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
It's just saddening that when I do make posts, or when Chi does no one comes and answers us to play. Him and I try and get people all the time together but they never do.

But I do know that KoJ always play together on their own or Anthony and YbM.

I just feel like there are times when you guys should like, agree to come to one of our things or post saying you all want to get together.

I'm not talking about good players playing each other. I'm saying to come together as a community. We are not like that anymore. Eduardo doesn't post smashfests anymore.
We weren't like how we were.
And yeah, KoJ meets like all the time.

Anyhow, you guys are missing the point...a gain, I'm not talking about getting better...
I'm talking about meeting together as one again, being friends, helping each other, playing each other, and just hanging out.

Cincinnati is most definitely full of cliques.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well I'm talking about getting better. It's easy to hang out before, during, or after a smashfest, just...hang out, socialize, laugh, anything, that's it.

But you're better off playing free for alls all day if your goal isn't to improve while you play.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
You're the only who feels like Daycia...so maybe you should look in the mirror. Me and Anthony can hang out when want to, or if it's convenient. We share common interest in things outside of Smash. Our personalities "click" when we're together. There are certain situations where "everyone" doesn't have to be involved... it doesn't mean we're a "Clique". And you don't even know that Anthony and I play together, you have assumptions. Anytime anyone has a get together and they ask me am I going to come. I give them my honest response. More than likely I come.

Also, everyone doesn't get along with one another in cincy.. they just tolerate the persons presence. I'm sure there are lots of people who just tolerate me being present, since I'm Vulgar and I speak whats on my mind, or I come off in a way that they don't agree with. Although, they haven't took the chance to get to know me, the first impression of me last longer... It personally doesn't bother me cause I'mma G and I keep it pimpin ya dig? I try to keep it cool, but I'm not gon' sugar my personality for anyone...

At first I tolerated you...I thought you were an annoying person. But, I swallowed my pride and got to know you...and now I like you (no Hedo). Just being honest. But I'm sure I told you that already:c

But like I said to you before.... just because people are around each other, it doesn't make them your friend. You can have a good time with them being around,,,but it doesn't make them your friend. For example...I consider Anthony my Friend (Brother) I consider Sora someone who's cool... Why? Cause I don't know him like that. I'd take a Bullet for Sneaky or Kel because we've got to know one another. But, I'll keep it moving if bullets were coming at Lyric. You understand that?

Not everyone thinks about sugar, spice and everything nice...Plus, we're grown we can't be hanging out all the time like that... especially if it's not in the summer time. I'm sure we all have people we're cool with outside of Smash... this isn't the only group of peeps I/we associate with...

Count

Smash Champion
I'm sorry if people think I sandbag or whatever I can kinda second what AZ says about Diddy and at the end of a tournament where I played Diddy for all of doubles, pools, and bracket, I like to give the little monkey a break.

I'm almost always down to play serious any other time. I think the Indy guys can attest to that.

Hopefully I can hit up Springfield or Cincy soon :)

clowsui

Smash Legend
I don't think it's contradictory to my previous point to say that I agree with the above post made by Y.b.M.. That's why words like "acquaintance", "associate", "friend" have a difference: because there's a natural distinction to be had. I consider a lot of people to be acquaintances or associates, but that doesn't make them my friend. There are also different levels of friends - for me, "friends" (ex: Kass), "good friends" (ex: Quivo), "great friends" (ex: Anthony), "sibling-like" (ex: Steel or Count).

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I'm pretty much in league with Y.b.M:

Day, you assume way too much, which is one reason you have problems with so many people. You either think no one wants to be around you, or you think no one likes you, or something negative, concerning you, when you've never bothered to ask that particular person, instead of assuming and telling someone else, what you think. KoJ does not have exclusive fests, and on top of that, if you know they're having a fest, why don't you ask to go or join in?

Last time you were at a KoJ-fest you simply tolerated some folkes, and made assumptions about other folkes, creating tension when things were done and over with. It's not like we pull teeth to get you to come around us, but it's you who asks. I forewarn you of who will and won't be there and it's your decision to come. I just simply wish this petty bull**** would just die.

As a community, I think OH does need to make a few adjustments, but that's not my area, IN/KY is, and even our area isn't all that perfect, when it comes to smashfests.

And Clowsui has a point. Choose your words carefully when describing someone you're hanging with or around. They make a difference in how people perceive your relationship with those people you describe as either "acquaintance", "associate", and "friend".

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It's better than having it all under the surface though, at least misconception isn't all underwraps and festering and **** anymore.

Back on the training note, though... I am gonna need to get some Diddy experience somehow. Unfortunately Sil's mostly unable, so I can't get it from him. Also, **** wifi vs Diddy, it's the stupidest MU short of TL on wifi. Otherwise, if I can catch you before or after a tournament, Y.b.M, would I be able to get your ZS or Pit (if you still play him)? I also understand how you feel about playing Kirby against people, I feel the same about Mario now, except it's frustrating after a while playing with him in friendlies.

Sneaky, I'mma have to get at that ROB again (You too, E). KB, I'm gonna probably ask you for some Marth EXP too, or anyone else that uses him.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Cause I don't know him like that. I'd take a Bullet for Sneaky or Kel because we've got to know one another. But, I'll keep it moving if bullets were coming at Lyric. You understand that?
lol that made me laugh so hard

To add up to that, you want to force everyone in cincinnati to hang out like they are friends friends. Its not possible, we are all nice to each other and have no problem talking to one another and stuff, but most of us are not dont have matching personalities that will make us great friends.
I think you need to look at people outside of smash to find true friends if you are wanting to hang out and stuff, they are not the only people in the world who you can interact with im sure.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lots of real talk going on, and I agree with the majority of it, especially with Chi's, Y.b.M.'s and Sovereign's words.

NEOH's only real flaw has been the lack of...anything, but we're getting better at all that and associating with each other more than before which is cool.

TKBrizzle- You know I would lol.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Dayton's only problem is life happens. Scribz is usually active, Fizz is active (I think?), I work and go to school, and many other from Dayton just work or got other **** to take care of. I know I moved from competitor to casual because I just simply got too much that has to be done first, and my priorities are work before play.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Chi I feel your pain.

@KB: I send you 2-3 texts a week, along with every other NEOH smasher (or ex-neoh smasher. Sorry KY!) about the numerous smashfests I host, and I can assure you that most of the people who come, although of varying skill, all want to improve (links24, Alus, Apple and myself in particular).
There's another one today. Come on down for once. NEOH never does anything, true, but it's not for lack of trying...

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Sigh. I've already tried to be everyone's friend before, and certain people have let me down. :\

But, I can say that for the most part, I don't have a problem with anyone ever. I agree with Y.b.M.'s post. There are some people in the smash community who I'd take a bullet for, and some who I wouldn't take a bullet for. o__O

The worst thing you can do to me is promise me something and then go back on that promise, then you will see a VERY evil girl come out of me...

Other than that, I'm a nice person and try to be friends with everyone! ^___^

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Kassandra the russian spy...

"good things happen when you hire kassandra bendekovitch (spell check, not on facebook..lol)"

also *russian mob accent*

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
@ Cincy, I guess I do see all of us as being friends, but I guess maybe that is a problem.

I still feel like it's very clique-ish, though... For the past few months now it's been KoJ, or Anthony + YbM playing time.

And I've been trying to get smashfests going on for everyone but no one takes interest in them anymore.

My question to that is why?

Why not get everyone together instead of just having KoJ or God Kais?

What I'm saying is I feel like most definitely we should do things as a larger group instead of these little groups.

And I just find it odd that Inky has done a lot more for me than Cincinnati has smash wise.

But I guess maybe it's because all of Inky are really close and they do things together all the time, even if they are a lot smaller than us it's still nice to see and no one is really out of the loop. But again, I feel like that's how it is... just out of the loop.

As for friends else wise, I really care for you guys. >.<;;; Chi, God Kais, Saeed, Lyric, etc.
We are all friends, right? Or maybe not...
And so far I'm not having a really good time finding friends here at college. Finally getting back into smash now has really made me feel a lot better because again you guys are my friends (or at least I'd like to think that...)
Same with people on the coasts.
But if none of you guys are my friends than who is? And who would play with me if we can't play in a large group anymore?

I guess I'm just disappointed we aren't like what we used to be. All at Eduardo's house, working together to become better players, laughing with each other, and just having a good time sharing a common interest (which is where you usually meet friends).

Edit: @Sov, I don't understand what you are saying about the KoJ-fest? The one I went to there was no tension? And I thought everyone was all laughing and enjoying things (Steak and Shake and the Brawl?) I am honestly confused...

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Daycia FYI I'm your friend lol. So is Y.b.M., so is Sai, so is Lyric, and I'm sure quite a few more Cincy smashers are your friend. Don't overreact and take things out of proportion - just because we say it's important to make a distinction and that not everyone considers themselves as your friend doesn't mean EVERYBODY doesn't consider you a friend.

I think that we do need a lot more smashfests like what they were at Eduardo's house and I don't know if we're trying hard enough. Part of the reason why we didn't have to try back then was because he could consistently host on Tuesday and Wednesday and didn't take very much effort. Nowadays I think people are willing to take less because they know there isn't a consistent host. However I also understand that circumstances are different than before: you're in college, I'm in college, Kel's working more, Overswarm quit, Tyr quit...times are more difficult for gathering a large amount of smashers.

Also, INKY is a community that has an active, central chat. Not everybody in Cincy thinks it's a good use of their time to chat for long hours; instead they're practicing or doing other things.
Furthermore, I don't think INKY is as interconnected as you think they are. Not to say that they AREN'T more interconnected but rather that it's not as extreme as you make it sound. I don't think Count knows who S2 is. I dunno if Caleb and S2 are great friends. I don't know if Kero and Krys are "great friends". Would Caleb call Xisin anything beyond an acquaintance? etc.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
Eh? I'm not overreacting... and I never said any of that.... or I didn't say nobody considers me a friend.

And yeah, but I'm talking about the times when we do have smashfests. Me being in college and announcing I am having smashfests once each week or wanting to discuss a smashfest means I'm free, so what's best for everyone? No one responded.
And you remember your MLG smashfests, you made a whole thread about it but no one responded to it at all and that was during the Summer some time ago.

Also, I take the time to post in the Cincy Smashfest thread (which I guess now it's a social thread) to get smashfests going or like what's up, or text people, etc and don't get much of a response from people.

All I am wondering is why don't we have huge group smashfests anymore? Or why isn't anyone considering to post in the God Kais thread anymore talking about them? Instead of KoJ hangout here, or texting just one person and being with them.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
If everyone stops playing smash, there are only a small # of people from the smash community I would keep in contact with and still hang out with (Not counting YbM and Smash since they are both my brothers).

It's ignorant to say everyone that plays smash in cinci are friends. We have big personality diversities in here then in KY. That does not mean we can't play smash together, just that we dont hang out outside of smash. And when you say that me and YbM have secret sessions without telling you or anyone, is because we aren't seeing each other to JUST play smash, but to hang out in general and do other things like actual friends do, and not just smash friends.

But alas, ill stop cause I dont like explaning myself when I dont need to

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
^^^This man speaks the truth

I wouldn't talk to half of you Mo-Fo's if it wasnt for smash

I'd still move to OH though so I can go clubbing with Anthony and Ja'mel

also Day arent you supposed to be busy or some **** with college...too busy to smash? which is why SiiS3 was mad big because it was supposed to be your last tourney for a good minute?

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Lol i read about 5 posts because everyone typed too much. Smashfield was Smashfield before Smash. We ALL are best friends we ALL play Halo and every other game that has crossed our path. We hang out through games and drinking and school and it all. Smashfield is smashfield regardless of smash. so furthermore we are willing to help people if they ask, but there are plenty of people in the smash community i don't even like at my house for a tournament let alone hang out with them lol. Just gotta realize when you go to a smash event your there for smash, and if you make friends cool if not. don't sweat it. there are plenty of those out there.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
also Day arent you supposed to be busy or some **** with college...too busy to smash? which is why SiiS3 was mad big because it was supposed to be your last tourney for a good minute?
^ This part probably doesn't need to be mentioned, TKO. Or at least, this is something that should be asked outside of a public arena as it doesn't pertain to the conversation. Not a call out, but something I have issue with.

Also, Fonz has the right idea. People come together and are brought together through smash and when big events happen and everyone enjoys themselves, that's good... great even. But don't be surprised or insulted if it just ends at that and everyone has their own circles and such. It's just the nature of things.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I mean I was just wondering what happened to college.. not trying to be offensive...but thats Like saying goodbye to someone only to find out you guys are going to walk the same direction for another 5 minutes

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yeah, I didn't think you were... but it's kind of a piercing question that does put a person on the spot. It's probably just not a good idea to have here, is all I'm saying.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
NNID
Daylightful
@Anthony, Yeah.. it's okay. I'm glad you two are staying close, though!

Maybe I just feel a little odd about the whole no group hanging out, or not having to get to play a lot with some of you guys. But it's most definitely all right..

@Tko ;/ SiiS3 was on the 11th of September, I haven't been to a tournament since... and I just now started wanting to do more smashfests, and why? Because I enjoy the company of everyone here, it's a good stress reliever. Smashfests =/= tournament.

@Fonz, That's great! I think yeah, like Anthony said, it may be just because our personalities are too diverse to really come together as one.

@Juu, Thank you.

Nope

Smash Lord
Just remember who won last time Infern!!!

Also don't feel bad if I play secondaries against you in pools, it is no way meant to be disrespectful but I need to get tournament level experience with them to be able to play them in bracket. Pools is the best place to do so.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Just remember who won last time Infern!!!

Also don't feel bad if I play secondaries against you in pools, it is no way meant to be disrespectful but I need to get tournament level experience with them to be able to play them in bracket. Pools is the best place to do so.
in a pool where i get out no matter what I'm probly gonna play 2ndarys as well for this reason , I mean hell if Judge is playing ****ing jigglypuff in pools and I end up getting him in round 1 because of it , I might as well have some fun in it as well

clowsui

Smash Legend

We are all friends, right? Or maybe not...
But if none of you guys are my friends than who is? And who would play with me if we can't play in a large group anymore?
That's what I thought your overreaction was. When you asked these questions given the context of your posts I felt there was a heavy implication that you didn't feel as though you had friends. My mistake if you were saying otherwise.

I'll edit later, gtg

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Lol i read about 5 posts because everyone typed too much. Smashfield was Smashfield before Smash. We ALL are best friends we ALL play Halo and every other game that has crossed our path. We hang out through games and drinking and school and it all. Smashfield is smashfield regardless of smash. so furthermore we are willing to help people if they ask, but there are plenty of people in the smash community i don't even like at my house for a tournament let alone hang out with them lol. Just gotta realize when you go to a smash event your there for smash, and if you make friends cool if not. don't sweat it. there are plenty of those out there.
This post made me sad. All my friends are bad, and when brawl dies I'm not gonna see any of you guys again.

Also I have no problem with sandbagging (unless it's as bad is Infern's), on autopilot, people still play matchup about the same, just without the extra tricks. If you don't want someone to sandbag, make it an MM. If they do, you win a McDouble.

Nicole

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282672

hey friends! this isn't that close to you guys, but it will be well worth the drive. i'm generating hype for it. we have the best from the midwest west coming, many of which you guys have never met before whose skills are sure to surprise and impress you (i'm talking about Kansas of course), along with lain, atomsk, and even eggz all the way from the west coast. housing is free and at the venue, and the party afterwards will be legendary. Don't miss it!

there's also a melee tournament (if that is interesting to anyone)?

TheKiest

Smash Champion
OUGA, NEOH, and Smashfield are all pretty good friends that do more than smash.

C-bus might be eventually.... (I honestly couldn't say, since I'm not able to go to many smashfests...)

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
THIS so many times
and do not forget dayton

QUIVO

Smash Master
AZ and I used to hang out a lot. Z was for a bit too.

All we did was drink though. Moose joined once.
Springfield likes to drink with us too : D

Top Bottom