• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings (11/25/12: NEW RANKINGS UPDATED!)

QUIVO

Smash Master
Honestly I'm not entirely sure how to fight as Snake.

Razer is the Snake that I've played who knew the MU best. He just knew how to approach and what to expect.

He expected zairs/bair and nair crossups and how to power shield my spam.

From what I experienced, if I crossup aerial, jab OoS is a good counter since it's so **** fast and has decent range.
If I do an aerial + retreat, dash attack/mortar slide is a good counter. if you can't get in, just camp. I might camp you better, but if you play patiently and shield all of my attacks, it's going to be hard for me to chip damage and kill you.

As for Juu and the rest of Columbus, I always try to ask them what MU they want to try learning and I'll try to learn that character (if i don't already play them) unless I find the character boring

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Ah i see Q, we need moar friedlies next time, snake vs TL, not my silly MK lol and cool KB, next time, tons of friendlies, dont wanna lost to peaches

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
As for Juu and the rest of Columbus, I always try to ask them what MU they want to try learning and I'll try to learn that character (if i don't already play them) unless I find the character boring
I can attest to this, he's helped me with TL, Marth (along with Moose), Diddy, MK and some others. I think I've helped him a bit with Falco and Pit.

If someone around plays a good D3, I wouldn't mind doing friendlies against it to learn. I've been able to play against Keister and some others, but I'm still a bit unsure about the MU as it pertains to Sheik. I personally also would like G&W (Pit/Sheik), Snake (Sheik/Mario), Falco (Sheik, Pit, Mario), Olimar (Pit, Mario) and Diddy (Pit/Mario) practice if possible. I'm trying to work some stuff out in my mind.

EDIT: Fizzzzzzle! Teach me how to fight D3.
EDIT: Also, it's not much... but I could probably help with Pit, Sheik, a bit of Marth and DK MU's. (Or Mario, if you want to learn a LT MU or something).

Count

Smash Champion
Nope and I have tried to help M2K vs diddy on countless occasions. He doesn't listen/can't comprehend what we're telling him.

edit: and the one time I got to play Q in person he was really helpful, with lots of matchups and toon link. It was funny playing him because I wasn't all aggro and it threw him off from playing AZ so much ^_^ I don't really mind helping people vs diddy, but they gotta ask!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
This is refreshing to see. :cool:

And let's not forget the most important matchup to learn with our respective characters people...MK. Most Ohioans still don't know how to properly fight him but that can be fixed.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I wonder if it's because he doesn't have good item control or good maneuverability around items in general? I've seen some MKs who are not him handle bananas better in the matchup such as Kel, Seibrik, and Anti (the proposed matchup master) just to name a few.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Central Ohio and Smashfield have always been good about helping with learning MU experience.

In smashfests, I'll break CGs, wall infinites, and walk offs early so that players can get more real practice on that stage. (Swallowcides I'll do, cause people NEED TO LEARN!!!!!)

Practice sessions/smashfests are for fun and practice... not to win.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I always help people if they ask, but you have to ask. just so everyone knows if you want to play my lucario just ask ill gladly play.

except infern, cause he doesn't take friendlies serious to any extent

QUIVO

Smash Master
I remember one night Fonz came to columbus and we did random MU's like Peach vs Lucario.

At the end we did TL vs Lucario and I accidentally taught him how to properly fight TL. We were camping soooooooo hard lol.

It was weird trying to figure out as MK what to do vs a campy diddy like count's. I think the same with everyone else I played, but I remember that specifically.

I love playing long sessions with people cause I get to learn with several different characters. I hope no one ever thinks I'm sandbagging when I play with different characters, I really try to make my alts good.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I need to find a better job so I can start coming back to smashfests and learning matchups. I rarely get to play anymore since school consumed part of my week and work took the rest. But at least I'm finally learning how to computer.

Nope

Smash Lord
KB that better not have been directed at me! don't forget who taught you the magic secret to the Snake MU! lol

Also like Kiest said, Smashfield is always more then happy to help.

Although this comes with fair warning, like Quivo said it's not always just about learning matchups or people telling you what move to do in certain situations. It's hard to teach when you still have many tech skill errors in your game (work on this in practice mode!!! so you don't mess up as much in matches. This helps soooo much. The next thing is people who are trying to learn still lack general smash "knowledge" (for lack of a better word) ie rolling behind people, spot dodging too much, landing next to others, poor recovery tatics. Next time you are watching a high level player don't look at just the moves he's doing, but how he recovers, how he jumps off the ledge, breaks certain walls/setups and above all watching your own gameplay helps you more then anything else!!!

On a side note I can't wait to play again!

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Nope that's true. There are a lot of people who I've wanted to help and ultimately had to just say, "Learn these skills with your character" and "learn general good habits".

But what happens for the mid level players that know how? In Ohio there's a lot of those - me, Today, Kassandra, Steel, Moose, Sorasin, Luminoth, me, Sole, Tako (but I think he's progressing upwards out of this really quickly so I'm hesitant to include him) are all examples of people at that point who don't get any specific advice unless we ask and even then we don't get anything very helpful. We've had to help each other and even then only a few of us do that. Even upper levels like Kel and KB ask for help and don't really receive any. Smashfield has always been great with advice, same with Cbus cats but SWOH/NEOH appear to lack these things.

I recognize that it's dangerous to say these things because I'm guilty of them too and I'm sure there are many instances that players within each community have helped each other; it just seems like that for each instance I can find there seems to be an instance of a lack of assistance.

King~

Smash Champion
@Nope that's true. There are a lot of people who I've wanted to help and ultimately had to just say, "Learn these skills with your character" and "learn general good habits".

But what happens for the mid level players that know how? In Ohio there's a lot of those - me, Today, Kassandra, Steel, Moose, Sorasin, Luminoth, me, Sole, Tako (but I think he's progressing upwards out of this really quickly so I'm hesitant to include him) are all examples of people at that point who don't get any specific advice unless we ask and even then we don't get anything very helpful. We've had to help each other and even then only a few of us do that. Even upper levels like Kel and KB ask for help and don't really receive any. Smashfield has always been great with advice, same with Cbus cats but SWOH/NEOH appear to lack these things.

I recognize that it's dangerous to say these things because I'm guilty of them too and I'm sure there are many instances that players within each community have helped each other; it just seems like that for each instance I can find there seems to be an instance of a lack of assistance.
NeoH......wut?

we've always helped eachother or tried to better our other players. blue give us alot of advice, ive always helped or tried to help people with their problems. shugo always clamis he dosent know though, and m2k is m2k in that he'll help you but you may not understand.

its just ooc blue dosent wanna lose, and no one asks the rest of us anything(i still help when i can when some askes me something)

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Yes, as a state we need to unite! So the sandbagkai's need to stop sandbagging. lol. xD
I also agree with Q in the sense that you can only do so much. :p

Fonz, I'd like to learn more about the Lucario match up. I can't punish him. @_@

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Nope you already know you're not included in that lol. You and Praxis helped me so much against Snake and GnW back when I didn't have a clue how to fight them. Same goes for Nicole for helping me put the finishing touches on my MK knowledge. I always give credit where it's due. :)

QUIVO

Smash Master
Btw kass, at OUGA, I tried to find you to help you with the TL MU because Kel asked me to. Unfortunately I couldn't find you. I think you were sleeping?

clowsui

Smash Legend
NeoH......wut?

we've always helped eachother or tried to better our other players. blue give us alot of advice, ive always helped or tried to help people with their problems. shugo always clamis he dosent know though, and m2k is m2k in that he'll help you but you may not understand.

its just ooc blue dosent wanna lose, and no one asks the rest of us anything(i still help when i can when some askes me something)
blue? last time i asked him about any matchups he wasn't of any help really :/ he apparently doesn't help KB that much either, or kel/infern for that matter

shugo knows he just doesn't say, he tells me things all the time about matchups lol...he knows plenty. share more w/ other ppl shugo!

sole is ofc excluded from that group obviously, this is for the people who KNOW they're not doing enough

as a side note i still love everyone in ohio, i just wanna see like...more collective assistance. nope is right for the large part - personal training is a huge factor and teaching oneself is often the best strategy - but for the times we aren't able to teach ourself and it's NOT just a technical/basics issue...

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Most people don't understand when I try to explain things to them to try and help so i dont say anything rly, but yeah i generally know a lot i think.

solecalibur

Smash Master
sole is ofc excluded from that group obviously, this is for the people who KNOW they're not doing enough
since when did I help people?
Unless its something blaring that you should be doing
IE DI, Tech, roll a lot
I keep quiet unless you ask

QUIVO

Smash Master
Shugo, are you saying I'm dumb? I always ask you and you say, "duhh i dun nooee i jus play super brawl brothers"

solecalibur

Smash Master
Shugo is a terrible teacher lol he isnt doing it intentionally from what I know from this summer

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
ZSS confuses me so bad D: I lost to warpstatus at genesis, but it was the most embarrassing tournament match I've ever partook in. Neither of us knew what we were doing and looked horribly silly.

Well, second-most embarrassing. There was the time Jamnt0ast and I picked double metaknight against Eggz and Gimpyfish's double metaknight. But that was hilariously embarrassing.

Top Bottom