• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings (11/25/12: NEW RANKINGS UPDATED!)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm growing too lazy to read this **** if Daycia doesn't care anymore and when I have marching band going on till 1 am lol. Dropping out of this argument after this one point:

She obviously needed help in the argument. As a friend, I could tell that you all were treating the situation wrong, took her statement in the wrong way, and gave her **** for it in the dumbest way, so I took that offensive for my friend and *****ed at you all day. Would you want someone to treat you the way you treated her if you tried to get "We need more smashfests!" Across pointing out things that you think would be possible due to the extreme lack of smashfests? Probably not. Be nicer. It's part of being friends. Aren't we all friends in this community? Doesn't seem like it when you all treat it that way.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I don't find everyone my friend. There are some people who are cool. But i just don't know them well enough to call a friend. You're still young...so you'll learn that as you grow. And it's all gravy pimpin...you did what you felt was right, but you need to mine yo business sometimes. Also, I'm done discussing the Smashfest situation. I'll play whenever I'm available with those who want to play and get better. If it's not convenient for me, or if I feel uncomfortable then I'm not going. If you don't like it eat a DiccK...simple.

Yea, so I Declare this...OVER AND DONE!!! Now moving on to The Official Brawl Power Rankings! Is Springfield going to make an epic climb to the Top? Will The God Kais continue to Dominant on The PR? Will Ohio become a force that shakes the compass in a frenzy?

Hmmm...let your actions be the answer....

clowsui

Smash Legend
After having a discussion with Day, I think a lot of people were actually agreeing with her larger points but found problems with her smaller claims (e.g. secret smashfests, when only like...KoJ has these). So honestly the root of this problem, if there is one, is communication, which is something that's thankfully very easily fixed.

Anyways this debate's done and over with.

Now moving on to The Official Brawl Power Rankings! Is Springfield going to make an epic climb to the Top? Will The God Kais continue to Dominant on The PR? Will Ohio become a force that shakes the compass in a frenzy?

Find out on the next episode of Power Rankings Z!
Fixed.

Auspher, see you at DU also. You're going down~ =3

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I read a lot of those posts, and let me tell you everyone may have had a valid point to get across, but if you suck *** at communicating the point properly, then you your going to get ripped. This is a forum, people can't see emotions or facial expressions. You need to be very careful on wording, because I guarantee even the post I make will be seen in about 5 different ways at least.

QUIVO

Smash Master
yup, i'm moving just for smash. that's how bad my life is roflmao

aye future, move to ohio while i'm here so i can teach you to troll better : D

solecalibur

Smash Master
Texas / Florida / North Cali smash looks pretty epic smash scene but Ohio still has a pretty good smash scene we just lack tounrys , and the summer was pretty inactive as hell

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
We lack tournies? I was under the impression that there was at least 1 tourny within 2-3 hours drive of any part of our state, in fact sometimes more, every weekend? IDK... I'd say OH's scene is pretty healthy.

Also more NEOH gonna be on that next PR I think... Just sayin'.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Its not as great as it was but its still pretty up there compared to the other states , of course nationally we suck xD but so does majority of states I cant single us out

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ohio's scene is slowly dying
Activity has gone down a bit, but I wouldn't say it's dying. We're still a lot more active and filled with more players than a majority of states in the country.

Blue rogue is 3rd in this state? ****!
Ay yo what about ya boy KB? :coolmonke

Its not as great as it was but its still pretty up there compared to the other states , of course nationally we suck xD but so does majority of states I cant single us out
Agreed.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
man...soon as I move to Warren, MI ohio's scene will be hype

also even though I'm going to be in MI

I want to be apart of Ohio's PR if i get on...lol

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
man...soon as I move to Warren, MI ohio's scene will be hype

also even though I'm going to be in MI

I want to be apart of Ohio's PR if i get on...lol
Yeah man your charisma will help this area out a lot. ******* be too timid and "let's play niceeeeee" around here ya feel me? :awesome:

Teh Future

Smash Master
ohio is def less active than it used to be. A lot of your better players are inactive is why i think. AZ used to host tourneys monthly and now hardly does anything but mlg.

OS, Kel, Nope are pretty much inactive. even outside of Ohio midwest east is not as active as it was before while midwest west busy steppin up :)

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
ohio is def less active than it used to be. A lot of your better players are inactive is why i think. AZ used to host tourneys monthly and now hardly does anything but mlg.

OS, Kel, Nope are pretty much inactive. even outside of Ohio midwest east is not as active as it was before while midwest west busy steppin up :)
Kel is still *very* active; yeah on the others. Real life stuffs you know... AZ and Nope getting back into it I believe. OS idk about.

*This thread has become the new Ohio social lol*

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Ohio's scene is healthy in terms of players, but we don't travel. I somehow manage to find more OH smashers like every time I logon, but again... travelling throughout the state is a pain for people monetarily. It's kind of understood that AZ/OS's been away for MLG and other stuff and a lot of people are dealing with school/real life (plus we're still in a recession), so the scene isn't as hype.

Some of the old guard might be fizzling out of the scene, but that's kind of to be expected. New people are coming into the scene... slowly.

Also, this has always been the Ohio Social, it's just that it's been kept in check by the PR panel.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Links, don't... that's even more dead in Ohio

AZ and I said we were going to come back stronger and practice more, but that sure as hell didn't happen lol. I think it's his last year at OSU and he's just busy with that + his frat. We also seem to never have time to call each other and play, same with the rest of columbus. Ever since I moved and started working more I don't have time to really play unless it' s the day... which is when everyone is in class. His absence has hurt th scene though.

We're also missing a lot of players that were regulars... (we're missing locals, but all of these guys traveled to a lot of ohio tournies)

Infern was gone for awhile, kinda back
Smash is and has been gone
YBM was on a short hiatus, back into it
I'm here and there
OS pretty much quit
Dayton who knows
Springfield either quit, lost interest, or busy with school/other ****

Edit: Was it keist?

Juu: AZ is understandable with MLG, but that's like once every two months.. if that. Didn't OS give his MLG spot to count?

clowsui

Smash Legend
No, Count does things if OS can't.

We lost our main hosts AZ and Nope. We also lost a Cincy host (me); I'm still playing but I'm not available to host x_x.

Overall we need to step it up in terms of TOs :< I'mma be working hard to host again but it's difficult with college.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Hosting two tounrys , where are the rest of you at ? Talking to random game stores , game stop , arcade places (arcade legends in cinci) give them venue a reason for a tounry , hosting it at a good venue is key and venue is lame but its better then not having a tounry , Picking up SSFIV , Blazblue , Mario party , anything that the general public has interest in gives more of a reason for more ppl to attend. OUGA's TvC and Brawl - was very successful but I dont believe I have seen any or even a 5 man side tounry of this

and TKO I see NEOH tounrys in your future =3

Top Bottom