• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings (11/25/12: NEW RANKINGS UPDATED!)

clowsui

Smash Legend
I don't, which is why I'm hoping Sneaky will drive up to Pool Poolz =p

Steel will be able to drive soon too, I hope I'll be able convince him to drive xD

Also Arcade Legends and I are working something out, chill lol. $5 venue fee but no reduction for setups. Ofc every single weekend in November/December is already filled though -_-;

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
when is TYM X if its in November, No dice.

I'm taking a slight hiatus for the month of november to play halo!!!!

I'll still be on wifi from time to time but nothing srs

solecalibur

Smash Master
Im still torn between the idea of having two tounrys on both sides of the state (Pool pools 2 and some cinci tounry) because the NEOH players where not willing/ able to drive that far (expect m2k) as their where casuals in my areas that never travel more then 1 hour while cinci was hurtting in attendance as their was still a chance of going as a spur of the moment sort of thing

Its a good idea and bad at the same time =l

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
haven't decided yet...you guys are making a come up tho

MA got booted from my list...its pretty wack up there

NC
Pros
+Already lived there
+Most of my high school friend are there
+easier access to GA which is cool because I love hanging out with GA
+I'm pretty sure I could get a girlfriend like 2 days after being there...I already got to much set up
+nice enviornment

Cons
-Everything is kind of spaced out
-too close to parents
-would never travel to OH unless it was on plane

MI (basically OH)
Pros
+girls with sweatpants and ugg boots <3
+Bubble teas
+love most of the people I have met so far
+nice enviornment

Cons
-I'm black...my swag does not work on white girls as much as I would want it to...lol
-too freaking cold/snow storms
-don't really have GOOD friends up there besides Clow Y.b.M. and infern but they live in Cincy...not travelling to see them ***** all the time

add to my list

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Fayetteville NC and Warren MI (I'd prolly be somewhere inbetween Warren and AA so I can get to both mad easy)

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
TKO, white girls like black swag in the Midwest. Where did you hear that they didn't? Also, it's pretty cold. Maybe you could also help MI's scene gain more cohesion.

Kel

Smash Master
of course nationally we suck xD but so does majority of states I cant single us out
After traveling to national/ international tournaments I've come to the conclusion that I need to either:
A) Help everyone in this area who wants help become amazing
B) Quit

It sucks being the only person at MLG that says "YEAH!" when AZ asks "who's rooting for the Midwest?" But more important than that, we're stagnant. We're all so wrapped up about beating each other and winning $50 more than some other person every other week that we forget to come together and help each other out. We have Shugo (Falco), me (MK), Blue Rogue (Wario), YbM (Kirby and ZSS), Infern (Snake), and KB ( Peach). That's a huge diversity of characters. We should be able to travel to any other state and take out the best in that state of each of those characters I named (except maybe MK). Why can't we?

I believe the biggest reason is that we don't work together as a unit. There's little unity in our region as a whole. Look at New Jersey; they all have great pride in their area and will root hard core/ go on and on about how good their state is. We don't do that here. Instead we root for individual regions (Cincy, louisville area, NEOH, MI, etc.).

Anyway, what I'm going to do is ask any person who is willing to put the time and effort forth to become a top smasher to talk to me. Ask me questions. If we're at a tournament, I'll sit down with whoever is willing to learn and teach them habits I noticed, improvements they could make, or break down any match up into RPS terms if need-be.

I'm tired of Ohio being not a huge threat in the national tournament scene. I want everyone in our area to become good if they wish to become good. I'm essentially trying to do what seibrik did with Florida after he first jumped into the national scene and realized that he needed his area to become amazing if he were to ever become amazing. Now FL has tons of good players/ MLG pros. Ohio is next.

clowsui

Smash Legend
What this guy above me said.

I think Ohio has a lot of talent, it's just we need to boost that talent so that we can have stupidly good unranked/low-ranked threats like Florida.

For the record, I definitely cheered really loudly for the Midwest when AZ asked :3

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I agree with Kel and the short bit of friendlies I played against him at SiiS2 did help me understand MK a bit more. Next time I see you at tournament Kel, I should have some questions and etc.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
After traveling to national/ international tournaments I've come to the conclusion that I need to either:
B) Quit

It sucks being the only person at MLG that says "YEAH!" when AZ asks "who's rooting for the Midwest?" But more important than that, we're stagnant. We're all so wrapped up about beating each other and winning $50 more than some other person every other week that we forget to come together and help each other out. We have Shugo (Falco), me (MK), Blue Rogue (Wario), YbM (Kirby and ZSS), Infern (Snake), and KB ( Peach). That's a huge diversity of characters. We should be able to travel to any other state and take out the best in that state of each of those characters I named (except maybe MK). Why can't we?

I believe the biggest reason is that we don't work together as a unit. There's little unity in our region as a whole. Look at New Jersey; they all have great pride in their area and will root hard core/ go on and on about how good their state is. We don't do that here. Instead we root for individual regions (Cincy, louisville area, NEOH, MI, etc.).

Anyway, what I'm going to do is ask any person who is willing to put the time and effort forth to become a top smasher to talk to me. Ask me questions. If we're at a tournament, I'll sit down with whoever is willing to learn and teach them habits I noticed, improvements they could make, or break down any match up into RPS terms if need-be.

I'm tired of Ohio being not a huge threat in the national tournament scene. I want everyone in our area to become good if they wish to become good. I'm essentially trying to do what seibrik did with Florida after he first jumped into the national scene and realized that he needed his area to become amazing if he were to ever become amazing. Now FL has tons of good players/ MLG pros. Ohio is next.
This levelheadedness is why I respect you. My thoughts exactly.

Thanks for shedding some more light on my initial callout. I hope people start to wake up and work together.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
B) Quit

this^^^^^^^
I feel the same way and am more than willing to do the same and have been for a while now.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
B) Quit

It sucks being the only person at MLG that says "YEAH!" when AZ asks "who's rooting for the Midwest?" But more important than that, we're stagnant. We're all so wrapped up about beating each other and winning $50 more than some other person every other week that we forget to come together and help each other out. We have Shugo (Falco), me (MK), Blue Rogue (Wario), YbM (Kirby and ZSS), Infern (Snake), and KB ( Peach). That's a huge diversity of characters. We should be able to travel to any other state and take out the best in that state of each of those charavery wison't work together as a unit. There's little unity in our region as a whole. Look at New Jersey; they all have great pride in their area and will root hard core/ go on and on about how good their state is. We don't do that here. Instead we root for individual regions (Cincy, louisville area, NEOH, MI, etc.).

These are very wise words. MI needs to start thinking like this as whole.

Sliq

Smash Master
I was never wrapped up in winning. Hence Bowser. But there's only so much abuse one man can take before he wants hitstun.

Count

Smash Champion
If people respect me/want the help hit me up for Diddy info/the types of habits Kel mentioned. Good post Kel.

Even though I'm not Ohio I want the Midwest as a whole to improve..plus I <3 Ohio

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
yeah, i want to get better too, and if i ever made it out for a national, i'd rep MW all day=].... its basically cause MW kicks ***

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
This isn't completely true on Louisville's side. I root for whomever I feel like rooting for. I don't take pride in my city, I don't take pride in my states, I root for my friends. I look at a set and if I feel like rooting for player A more than I feel like rooting for player B, I'll do so. Louisville doesn't go on and on about how good its city or state is at all. You know that. I feel a lot of unity between myself and all of Indiana, all of Kentucky, and most of Cincinnati (God Kais, Day, Overswarm, a few others). But labeling it as "pride" is far from the truth, Kel.

clowsui

Smash Legend
wait kel says you should be more like east coast and people AGREE with him?

sad day
i can't tell whether this is trolling or not

in case you're not

the only thing he praised from the east coast is their state/region unity and the talent/capita that ohio could easily match

he didn't say anything about their stupid amounts of bias, high salt meter readings and their general overratedness

Top Bottom