• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings (11/25/12: NEW RANKINGS UPDATED!)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
The fact remains people...every single one of us gets ***** on a national level. The only possible outliers to this are Shugo, Lain, etc. Even then it isn't anything consistent.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
If Kel was telling us to be more like East Coast he'd have been throwing around really ****ty catch phrases and calling us all free.

He just wants us to get better.

Kel

Smash Master
The problem is that it takes a ton of dedication and time. You have to desire getting better. I'm willing to help anyone that wants it. I just don't give advice out unless prompted because I never wanted to seem pompous or like I know everything (I know right?). I've always been willing to help, I'm just making it vocal now and being a bit more aggressive with it.

QUIVO

Smash Master
After traveling to national/ international tournaments I've come to the conclusion that I need to either:
A) Help everyone in this area who wants help become amazing
B) Quit

It sucks being the only person at MLG that says "YEAH!" when AZ asks "who's rooting for the Midwest?" But more important than that, we're stagnant. We're all so wrapped up about beating each other and winning $50 more than some other person every other week that we forget to come together and help each other out. We have Shugo (Falco), me (MK), Blue Rogue (Wario), YbM (Kirby and ZSS), Infern (Snake), and KB ( Peach). That's a huge diversity of characters. We should be able to travel to any other state and take out the best in that state of each of those characters I named (except maybe MK). Why can't we?

I believe the biggest reason is that we don't work together as a unit. There's little unity in our region as a whole. Look at New Jersey; they all have great pride in their area and will root hard core/ go on and on about how good their state is. We don't do that here. Instead we root for individual regions (Cincy, louisville area, NEOH, MI, etc.).

Anyway, what I'm going to do is ask any person who is willing to put the time and effort forth to become a top smasher to talk to me. Ask me questions. If we're at a tournament, I'll sit down with whoever is willing to learn and teach them habits I noticed, improvements they could make, or break down any match up into RPS terms if need-be.

I'm tired of Ohio being not a huge threat in the national tournament scene. I want everyone in our area to become good if they wish to become good. I'm essentially trying to do what seibrik did with Florida after he first jumped into the national scene and realized that he needed his area to become amazing if he were to ever become amazing. Now FL has tons of good players/ MLG pros. Ohio is next.
I've been thinking this for the longest time. Ever since I played Texas and went to Cot4, I couldn't help but think Ohio was far behind.

Seriously, I think AZ's diddy is legit, but Gnes plays different and is incredibly tricky/smart. I can take games off AZ, but with Gnes, I have to go over the ****ing rainbow to do something like that.

Razer, when I played him, he WRECKED me. It could be the fact that he's played Jerm a lot and we had playstyles that were similar, but ****... He knew how I was going to play and exactly how to react tomy projectile.

Dojo compared to our MK's is insane. Again, it could be his TL experience with Santi, but ever since I played the guy I believed that MK was a counter. Nowadays I think it's possible if I'm smart enough, but it's still very difficult.

This all could be due to their experience with TL, but imagine their experience with characters that are common and our top players play such as Wario, MK, Diddy, and Snake. They've only had TL experience with Jerm/Santi. In TX, you could name a few players with Wario, MK and Diddy.

Keist, I meant, "Was it, Keist?" This is regarding how it was last fall.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@Quivo: Twas. We had more "circuits", but Ohio didn't go to that many of them.
OUGA and Springfield were both inactive (and will always be in the fall... though this time they are more active). AZ was running Deltas.

This time, AZ was busy with MLG (and MLG does hurt tourne attendance) and thus lack of deltas..... BUT we didn't have a consistent Cinci venue (Now School is in Session) and NEOH is stepping up again.
I'd say it's a little worse this time, but not a TON worse.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Not being able to host OUGA in the fall makes me =( for the random football games , homecoming, parents weekend, etc
Winter we are coming back!

Test your might X and Pool Pools 4 to compensate

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ohio is KB
This man knows. :cool:

@ Kel- I'm being 100% serious here in saying that I want to take you up on your offer. I've been working on my MK like crazy, observing different top MK players, studying his matchups, and playing a bit of wifi against actual skilled offline opponents to put my practice and studies to the test. I've gained a solid grasp of the character in terms of comfort and adaptability.

However, I still feel that I lack the proper guidance that I could get from someone who's already experienced many different scenarios with him; so I'm asking...can you take some time to sit with me at Delta and help guide me along with some of your insight of the character as well as teach me as much as you know about MK vs Snake (the only character besides Falco who still gives my Peach consistent trouble), MK vs Falco (even if just verbally since you probably don't play Falco), and the MK ditto (I'm very comfortable and adept at fighting him with Peach now, but knowing more about the ditto couldn't hurt either)? My eyes and ears will be wide open.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
D'= I guess I'm not a good friend to TKO even though I took the time to house him for MLG and SiiS, baked food, and is my bro.
Really?

don't do that.

you know what I mean...People I can hang out with on weekend's/weekdays and NOT play smash...Me and you have never did anything that didn't involve smash

regardless you got sis status...you are the only girl who is not my actual sister to get sister status.
wait kel says you should be more like east coast and people AGREE with him?

sad day
**** you! I'm on the east coast...lol

vato_break

Smash Master
I like how kel is willing to help others openingly! Socal ranked players aren't always down to help and you pretty much have to get "good" status before they start helping ;(

Kel

Smash Master
Yeah KB I'll do that no prob. I've actually picked up a Falco in order to learn the MU, so I'll probably be more help than you think =).

Vato, I dunno about that. After my set with HavoK at Raleigh I messaged him on facebook and asked him my problems/ anything he noticed or could help me with. Havok is really good at helping and seems to genuinely want to help others improve. He helped Tearbear, I'm sure he could help you.

vato_break

Smash Master
I ask tyrant for help once he just gave me some bs advice, well maybe tyrant just doesn't like me? haha yeah havok;s koo. He's the only person who really helps me out sometimes.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
What times are you usually on? I'm either early noon or burning the midnight oil.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
<----- is in the lucario backroom so it means im not terrible with my character =D. So as soon as soccer is over I will help others with Lucario if they want but you gotta ask, and be prepared for a detailed answer. I keep a notebook with all my MU's.

The other problem OH has is no one really travels outside a few people.

My personal travel experience is for Nationals
CoT4 (Philly)
Pound4 (Maryland?)
WHOBO2 (Texas)
MLG Columbus (OH)
MLG Raleigh (North Carolina)

I have been to Florida tourney's during my spring break lol, and I go to other state tourneys nearby like IN, MI, Kentucky.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
There's a Lucario backroom? If it's anything like the non-backroom, I'm unimpressed. Over the past month or two I've unsubscribed to every Lucario thread I frequented. Only like 1/5 of the people who say anything are near my level, and they mostly have to break down more obvious things. The subtle metagame that makes someone truly good is overlooked. This reminds me we've gotta play soon; I know you've picked up a thing or two since I saw you last.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Lucario boards are kinda dead as of lately other then the social
and Im in the zss backroom as well.....just saying

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah I would say the Kirby BR is dead, but I don't think it was ever really alive to begin with...

Also Fonz, I give advice to people up here all the time, one of which is a Lucario main, so once my comp is up and running again, I'd love to hear what you know (as well as about the game in general. I improved a lot last time you gave me advice.).

Sliq

Smash Master
It seems like all of the character boards are ****ing dead. Does Brawl seriously not have anything character specific to discuss?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
only matchups but thats almost a redundant topic until new **** arrives

its almost always easier to answer questions specifically now in just about every character board instead of making whole topics about them

fonzi21

Smash Ace
The backrooms are good sometimes, and I just said it to make myself sound cooler hahaha. most of the stuff people are missing from their game is just basic smash knowledge. not MU's or AT's. Just speed of play and proper spacing/baiting/map control.

Top Bottom