• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Chat with Emblem Lord Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
nothing that game is gonna be freakin sweet the blue falcon guy looks great. also they have the main chracter from onimusha dawn of dreams in there he has super amor for some attacks

mk doesnt need to be banned its like tring to ban melee sheik when melee 1st began competitivly lol

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Except that first generation melee players were significantly less knowledgeable of the game than us early Brawl players are. We already understand how the game works, we understand DI, we know how to play smart.

We also KNOW that MK is far too good to bring any sort of competitiveness to the game. He needs to be taken out.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
^^ Or maybe that xD

Nah I'll never switch to that 3 foot bast*rd

feardragon64

Smash Champion
If mk isn't banned, competiive brawl will split into four groups:

1) People who go back to melee and finally give up hope on brawl
2) People who leave the competitive smash scene
3) People who main mk
4) A bunch of people who host/go to tournaments that ban mk. Just because SBR doesn't ban MK doesn't mean people aren't going to get pissed and host tournaments where he's banned.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
That sounds about right to me. There will be one more group with people who still remain intent on trying to use other characters to prevail over MK in tourney. But that won't be too many. It's an unneeded split that will devastate the brawl community. MK HAS TO GO.

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
I've really been thinking that the Melee switch will happen if this MK business keeps on, I know I won't be playing in a world of people who main MK.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
That sounds about right to me. There will be one more group with people who still remain intent on trying to use other characters to prevail over MK in tourney. But that won't be too many. It's an unneeded split that will devastate the brawl community. MK HAS TO GO.
It'll become so small I didn't include them. They either won't be very serious about winning, or will not realize how futile it is and probably won't be skilled enough to do well anyways seeing as I assume smart people would do well and it'd be stupid to not join one of the four groups.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've started to use Meta Knight in tournaments, and can't be bothered to use Marth exclusively.

Thing is though is that I run the tournaments I regularly go to, I'm doing a final stint with MK (and I've recommended a lot of non-MK mainers to use MK there to) to show how gay he is.

I'm hoping the top 8 will all be Meta Knight. Then I'll see how banning him goes :)

What I'm trying to say is, is there is no point not using Meta Knight while he's allowed to be played or especially when he is your opponent.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
If mk isn't banned, competive brawl will split into four groups:

1) People who go back to melee and finally give up hope on brawl
2) People who leave the competitive smash scene
3) People who main mk
4) A bunch of people who host/go to tournaments that ban mk. Just because SBR doesn't ban MK doesn't mean people aren't going to get pissed and host tournaments where he's banned.
And there will be a group of loyal people who hate MK that will never switch to him. People act like everyone is going to switch to MK, which I disagree with. There are a bunch of people who just will refuse to use him, and then I think that there should be two different tourney "league" type things. There will be the MK league, and then the other league, probably with more members in the MK league. At least this is what I hope. I'll probably only compete in tourneys where MK is banned though or in the "Other League" because I wouldn't be able to stand playing all MK's in tourneys, even though that is pretty close to what is happening now.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I honestly have no doubt at this point that he will be banned. Unless something HUGE comes out before the end of the year, MKs gonna go...

feardragon64

Smash Champion
And there will be a group of loyal people who hate MK that will never switch to him. People act like everyone is going to switch to MK, which I disagree with. There are a bunch of people who just will refuse to use him, and then I think that there should be two different tourney "league" type things. There will be the MK league, and then the other league, probably with more members in the MK league. At least this is what I hope. I'll probably only compete in tourneys where MK is banned though or in the "Other League" because I wouldn't be able to stand playing all MK's in tourneys, even though that is pretty close to what is happening now.
Answer:
It'll become so small I didn't include them. They either won't be very serious about winning, or will not realize how futile it is and probably won't be skilled enough to do well anyways seeing as I assume smart people would do well and it'd be stupid to not join one of the four groups.
10quotes
sorry 2

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting into Soul Calibur 4 if MK doesn't get banned. Also depends on how the TO's around me decide on the rules, but I think I'm getting into SC4 no matter what :D

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm getting into Soul Calibur 4 if MK doesn't get banned. Also depends on how the TO's around me decide on the rules, but I think I'm getting into SC4 no matter what :D
I heard Algol made the SCIV tourney at Impact take FOREVER.

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
Eh, might have. I actually haven't even looked much into SCIV yet. I just play it for fun. Anyone know any good SC websites like smashboards? =3
you can try to go to that one evo2k site...and go to SC sections or go to the offical SC forums and look it up on there...EL I would like you to know that you are one of the few people that inspires me to play Marth >.< and I thank you for your time to make alot of marth's guide, without I think i'll go play some characters that i don't like...*cough* metaknight *cough* Once again Thank you

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Umm random question here...

So EL, you watching Ken on Survivor?

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
I have 3 quesiotns , 1 have you actually played a fe game? 2 how often do you use marths counter and 3 do you like paintball?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Sorry for stealing your thread idea (and for borrowing yours steel). And do you like flapjacks or bacon more? (Just so I can make it relate to Brawl, which would you rather be coming off of G&W's grill when you kill him?)

FFFL

Smash Rookie
I have a question too.
What should I do/say if my opponent says that I use too much fair... :<

Btw, who is manlier in your opinion, Cpt. Falcon or Marth?

feardragon64

Smash Champion
why isnt there a marth clan?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=180408&highlight=clan

tl;dr
Read it anyways to get the idea out of your head. But here's an exert.
I hope this crappy "clan" mentality never comes into the Marth boards. This is one of the boards that doesn't feel any need to keep knowledge and talents from each other, and we encourage each other on equal levels. I can't think of predominant elitist in the Marth board, and I would really like it to stay that way.

The last thing I want is this board to turn into the Ike boards...
This.

The Marth Board is a clan.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You guys are silly with your food questions.

I would never eat green eggs or green ham since I don't want to go to the hospital with food poisoning.

Bacon is god tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom