• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Chat with Emblem Lord Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
So, basically this is where anyone can come in and ask me stuff. This is the Marth forum of course so I expect most stuff to be Smash related, but feel free to ask me anything that you want to talk know about or talk about. Religion, politics, my interest...fire away.

Why am I doing this?

Because I can. ;)

Nah, j/k. Mostly it's because I have nothing better to do and this can occupy some of my free time which I have in excess these days.

Sooooooooooooooooo.....chat away.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
lol, somehow, I saw this coming. Bet it gets stickied.

So, since I also have nothing better to do at 4 in the morning . . . who is your secondary, or do you play Marth exclusively?

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
About how much time would you say you spend on SWF a day?

And against Wolf, whats the most important thing to keep in mind?

EDIT: Edited post with stuff I actually wanted to know ... >_>

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If I played a game as Marth where I did nothing but fsmash, and recorded it and showed it to you, how much blood would your eyes release?

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
Do you have any tips on how to maintain proper spacing and attacking? I try to close in slowly with a wall of fairs but they keep coming in right between them. I find that I have a hard time maintaining tipper distance, they're either just beyond or mid-sword range and I have problems in both situations. XO

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I play Marth only in tourney.

I have no desire to win in tourney. I merely wish to test my ability as a Marth player.

Hmmm, I'll probably go to one or two major tournies eventually, but it's not a major concern of mine.

Ankoku, I would end my life before being subjected to a video of your Marth. <3

Generally my spacing changes from character to character. If I'm fighting say, DK I want to be close enough that I'm inside his f-tilt range, but still outspace his other stuff. Generally I adjust my spacing with alot of walking or empty SH's. It works wonders. Good spacing just comes with time and experience.

It's not only about staying at tipper distance so remember that. It's also about being in the optimal zone for the match you are in so you can maintain control.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If I played a game as Marth where I did nothing but fsmash, and recorded it and showed it to you, how much blood would your eyes release?
That would be impossible to do due to diminishing returns, at least not without doing another attack here and then.

Say you put a Marth and an Ike together, who has the edge, and please don't just say Marth because he is strong at his blade's edge. XD

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I usually run in with dash into shield vs DK. If you block a Bair or f-tilt it's an easy punish. Basically Marth can punish anything DK does except retreating Bair.

And like I said before, if you are inside that f-tilt range DK has less options. Then it's just a matter of forcing a roll or reaction so you can punish.

When edgeguarding he is so big you can usually just swat at him to harass his recovery and if he has to up b you can counter it.

Those are really just the basics. I can go more in-depth if anyone wants me too.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I like you crazn, you're funny.

Man the Marth threads have some really great people, it must be the tiara being a repellent for people who keep the morons from playing him. >.>

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I spend ALOT of time on SWF. I guess I had an unfair edge on alot of other people when it comes to research lol. I don't have a job. I been jobless since I quit in March and haven't been actively searching for one. Honestly my life is kinda in limbo right now and SSBB is a distraction really.

I'm not too concerned with putting my life on hold, since I'm pretty laid back though.

So yeah, I'm usually on SWF the whole day, if I have nothing better to do. Even when I'm not on my PC, I will stay logged in and I don't sleep very much. Usually get around 4 to 5 hours, which isn't healthy at all. lmao. And I sleep at odd hours. Usually around 6 am to 11 am and then I'm up for the whole day. I don't get tired because I'm not really doing much of anything.

My day usually consist of chilling with my boys and playing fighting games, reading threads and posting info, playing the one or two games that have my attention and right now that's Final Fantasy IV DS, but before it was Maple Story. I also do my chores around the house. If I'm not doing any of that that I'm chilling with a female.

Marth vs Ike, Marth has a solid advantage.

Marth vs Wolf, Marth has slight advantage IMO you just have to watch your spacing. Try to stay just outside his f-smash range so if he uses it and you block you can get an easy Dancing Blade. Remember to PS all lasers. At close range play your usual spacing game and you will outspace his d-smash and outspeed his other options.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Not Fair, I probably don't get too many good Marths then, because I seem to do pretty decent with him vs Ike, heck if i could say I think IKE has the advantage...you think if you even do wifi we could do a match? Though I won't be suprised if you decline, not too many people are willing to do that. :(

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Awesomecakes, thanks. Got another question, sorry, just trying to confirm some stuff @_@ What are some ways to abuse platforms? I usually go for the utilt, but that only grabs me one or two hits. I can see how I could go into a juggle trap after an utlit, but are there any other ways to abuse the platforms?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Kinzer: Marth is bad online and I only wifi people on the EC. It's because my connection sucks, lol. Don't sweat it though my man. Keep doing your thing with Ike. Just because a match-up is disadvantage doesn't mean it's unwinnable. It just means you have to better to beat that character on a consistent basis. And it sounds like that is just the case with you.

If you can go to tournies and play better people so you can get better.

crazn: Nah, man you pretty much nailed it. Set-up for the juggle trap son. If you wanted to get tricky you could jump and shieldbreaker, if you know they like to shield. If enough of their legs are exposed you can get a tipper f-smash, but you have to be really really precise.

The meaning of life is......to f*ck mad b*tches. I'm serious. Every living organism serves only one purpose. To perpetuate it's species by mating and having offspring.

But humans are beyond that. We have self-awareness. So...we can find our own meaning in life. All I can say is find your own reason to exist. Live your life and draw your own conclusions about your existence. Whatever truth you discover about why you are alive in this world, you need to hold onto it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Emblem Lord.

What is the meaning of life?
you don't need EL to tell you that, the meaning of life is either cheese or bucket.

Edit: What is EC?

And can a fully charged shieldbreaker actually break a shield that hasn't been worn down yet, and can it be powershielded or not?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
too bad he is answering questions, not taking requests...maybe...please don't hurt me...

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Pretty sure something like this already exist in melee.

Named after some dude, who thinks he is gonna save Marth's metagame in Brawl or something.

:chuckle:

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
All I can say is find your own reason to exist. Live your life and draw your own conclusions about your existence. Whatever truth you discover about why you are alive in this world, you need to hold onto it.
I think I liked the part about f:psycho:cking mad b:bee:tches better.

Obama or McCain?

Oh, and did Ken ever say anything after that quote?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Anybody but Bush is better IMO, maybe he would agree.
Edit: I am in your threads answering peoples questions because I am a troll. :D

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Does McCain even stand a chance?

I'm asking a serious question.

Obama btw.

Although I'm not following the presidential campaigns anymore.

Lost alot of interest due to Hilary being....well, just being ridiculous. Is she still in the running BTW? Does the woman realize she is just splitting up the party and she probably won't win?

Edit: EC = East Coast. A fully charged shieldbreaker won't break a fully powered shield. Shieldbreaker can be PSed no matter how long it's been charged.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Pretty sure something like this already exist in melee.

Named after some dude, who thinks he is gonna save Marth's metagame in Brawl or something.

:chuckle:
According to a friend, who's a friend of Ken...
Ken is too busy drawing/being arty and hasn't been doing much brawling. :p

Don't worry, I'll save Marth's metagame... later. I'm hosting a Sydney tournament in a couple of weeks; MARTH REPRESENT.

Also, Marth's downsmash is awesome.
Describe technically, in every facet, how awesome. And critically analyse it and compare it to MK. Shield hitting data would be cool too.

gallax

Smash Hero
did you see that the fifth best player in the state of florida mains marth? what do you think about that huh?! we had a marth v marth ditto at FAST and it was intense. he almost broke my shield...but i managed to sneak out unscathed. he broke m2k's shield and everyone(including myself) gasped and then was like wooot!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No, hilary dropped out of the race (thank god, we would all have been doomed, but even now neither of the candidates got a lot going for them.) And are you absolutely sure you won't take up on my offer for an online match? Even right now with it being so late and I have a pretty decent connection, I can play 1vs1 vs. Aussies with minor lag.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Marth's d-smash is good. Hits on frame 6 I think. Kills well even when non-tippered and really well when tippered. Much improved from Melee of course. Can send an opponent directly to the left or right if they get hit with the non-tippered hitbox and they are very close to Marth. It's a great punisher and great for shield poking. As a kill move it's great. First hit is the strongest hit and the second is weaker. Decent for punishing people who like to roll behind you.

On block it sucks. Totally unsafe even when perfectly spaced.

MK's D-smash is way better. It kills at slightly higher percents, but comes out slightly faster on frame 5. It's much safer overall especially when spaced at the tip of his sword. The second backward slash is the stronger hit of the two so rolling behind MK is not wise. Since it's safe on block and very fast he can spam it when an opponent is within killing range. It has the same utility as Marth's d-smash does as a punisher, and it's also a great compliment to MK's trap game since it's so safe. So if MK mistimes the attack or messes up the trap he will almost always stay safe after using this move. And unlike alot of MK's attacks, this move has good shield push back as well, so it's great for ledge traps when your opponent gets up into a shield. You can throw this out so even if it's blocked the situation is reset.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure how McCain is doing. I stopped following the campaign a while back.

Anyway, I just gained a new respect for people who can CG as IC. I tried CGing today.

I tried alternating fthrows, and it just isn't going right. I fthrow to Nana, then try to fthrow again to Popo. But Popo is like, "No way. I aint touching that."

Sorry for the random postings. Too bored and tired to care what I'm doing (>' ')>

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to 1v1 a random person on wifi? everytime i play with others is a 4 man FFA. I want some freakin 1 on 1's, I never get any better playing compys, actually, sometimes i lose on compys. Man what level of fail is that -.-

MisFate

Smash Rookie
So um...what other fighting games do you play :3 Anything you netplay consistantly?

Also wondering....are you male, female, both, or neither? And what's your sexual orientation :D

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
If he likes to play fighting games with "my boys" and if not then "chill with a female" then one would venture he is a straight male. Or, a very butch lesbian. I think its the first.

Who thinks we're screwed weather Obama or Mcain wins...?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Is there any way to 1v1 a random person on wifi? everytime i play with others is a 4 man FFA. I want some freakin 1 on 1's, I never get any better playing compys, actually, sometimes i lose on compys. Man what level of fail is that -.-
It is almost impossible to get an anyonimous 1 on 1 over wifi, you ever have to be extremly lucky with other people not joining the waiting room/computers replacing those extra slots. Too be honost I only got 1 1 on 1 and it was with a Sonic on hyrule, he was lucky to get one kill on me then start running around, I want a rematch!!

Don't worry about losing to computers, they only give you the wrong impression of real brawlers.
Edit: I do.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
i hate playing online as marth. only if my friend has a really good connection will i attempt a match.
Online Marth is horrible...ever try playing a Snake/MK with Marth online? Its just torture...

The very very rare blue connection (maybe green) or nothing with Marth.

MisFate

Smash Rookie
If he likes to play fighting games with "my boys" and if not then "chill with a female" then one would venture he is a straight male. Or, a very butch lesbian. I think its the first.
Nothing is guarenteed ;)
For example, "my boys" could easily mean EL's kids :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom