• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Chat with Emblem Lord Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Pretty good. Just got home from work.

Bout to train in some Alpha 2.

Watch some high level matches.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Steak is better than Bacon though.
You've yet to answer my question. :(
Do you like waffles? :O

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sounds productive and full of ambition. Good shiz man.

Ok, maybe a little overzealous there, but my point stays the same. Too good EL.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Street Fighter HD Remix. Nothing much else really.

**** Nintendo.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
The only real thing I'm excited for Nintendo-wise is Wii-Speak. I've wanted Brawl Voice Chat since it came out.
So you can hear the orgasmic moans that arise every time I get a tipper?

You boy are sick. I suggest you seek aid immediately.

EL...

tell me...

What is...

Arcana Heart?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Nintendo's October Press Conference was epic, a lot of good stuff announced. Next year should be a good one for the Wii.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
EL, how does it make you feel when your own region tries to discredit your statements by stating that you don't go to tournaments? How do you respond to that? Do you think of yourself as a knowledgeable smasher that certainly should be listened to even by other top level players?

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
What should Marth focus on in doubles? Specifically, I'll be teamed with a Falco/Snake player.

On a lighter note, can I have your bebez?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I think that different people learn in different ways.

I love fighters and I know alot about them. It's easy for me to learn about a a fighter and be able to conceptualize about it on a high level. Plus you can take previous knowledge and just apply it.

Fighters are all fundamentally the same.

Anyway, for the most part I only state things that can easily be observed or tested. But most people have alot of hero worship going on, so they would rather listen to someone who does well in tournies.

I think that if a person has something worth listening to or has good information then their opinion should be valued no matter how they got their information.

And of course...just because you are good doesn't mean you know how to conceptualize very well or know how to explain the game very well. M2K is proof of that. lol.

I also think some people might be angry that someone could not go to tournies and know as much as them or even more then them. I would imagine that's very frustrating for alot of frequent tourney goers.

I also think that a trend on smashboards is simply to dismiss someone because they don't go to tournaments that was popularized by high level players. Obviously you don't want to debate EVERYONE that thinks they know wtf they are talking about, so it's easy to say lol who the hell are you and how do you place?

The truth is...you don't NEED to go tournies to get good at games. It just makes it easier. Most poeple who play games are scrubs. So if you play your friends, it usually doesn't mean much. But if your friends understand fighting games and you all make an effort to break the game, then all of you will become amazing if you keep training. Tournies have high concentrations of skilled players with alot of knowledge. It's easier to learn and improve that way, but it's not the only way.

Remember that in the beginning of any game's life, there really aren't any pros. So how do those poeple become pro? By practicing and theorizing on their own. They come up with their own strats and conceptualize. And if they truly understand fighters then their strats will hold up in tournaments and they will become amazing.

So, when people say to me, "EL, your opinion is only just opinion." Or " It's just theory." I scoff and roll my eyes. Because it's clear that these people either can't think for themselves or they simply lack the talent to be able to analyze games on their own.

For the record, no highly skilled player other then M2K has ever really challenged my knowledge really. In SBR even Chillin asked my opinion on one or two of Marth's match-ups. M2K and I just don't get along though.

That mother****er can eat a ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom