• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The HARDEST Match-Up(s) For Each Character - Block 4: Olimar, Pikachu & Kirby.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
While DDD is easy to punish, Lucario's punishment game isn't that great.

Dair sucks against DDD since it puts us in the way of his Utilt. He outranges us, and can slow our projectile game down. In the air his Bair will beat our Fair, Nair, and bair. He also has a chaingrab on us that can rack a lot of dmamage on us.

That's what I can see, it sounds bad for Luc, but I dunno, I only know of 2 good DDD's around here. So I can't say for sure if it his the absolute worst.

Half of the Lucario board thinks Snake has an advantage, I think it's a neutral but eh, just might be difference in playstyle and difficulty.

So it's either, G&W, DDD, or Marth for his absolute worst.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
1. The infinite is easy to do and dsmash is not a hard attack to land. We land them all the time, please stop spewing this crap.
2. ROB has a terrible time against ZSS with or without the infinite. Before its discovery it was anywhere from 65:35 to 70:30 and with the infinite it isn't winnable. One dsmash = lost stock.
Sorry, I really don't main ZSS and just assumed the ROB could space away from Dsmashes and still play effectively. But the fact that ZSS has that **** of a matchup anyway...

And I know the infinite is easy.

okay, so then ROB is ZSS.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
By the sounds of it, D3 has the same advantages he has against lucario as he does against most characters. With that said, I'd say GaW is lucario's worst match-up.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
It's definitely not G&W lol. There are at least 3 or 4 worse matchups.

DDD outcamps Lucario (Waddle Dees cancel out Aura Sphere at any %) and wreaks his liner approaches with his ridiculous grab range which leads to getting chaingrabbed which leads to more pain offstage from his bair because Lucario has no way to deal with it in the air.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
each grab by DDD (which is not hard to land on lucario) also leads to a gimp attempt

Also, the screen name of the poster above me is absolutely amazing

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Sonic: Marth, Wario

Marth has obvious range and spacing skills but Sonic's ability to shield cancel dashes with awesome horizontal momentum make those short hop aerials less effective. Marth is also quite gimpable and Sonic's strong recovery makes it hard for Marth to gimp him.

Everything about Wario minus a projectile hurts Sonic's game:

-Heavy: hard to KO.
-Strong Recovery: Sonic can't hope to kill Wario at low percents.
-Aerial Movement: Floaty characters make Sonic's ground game difficult.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
From what I've heard about Wario, his hardest matches are Marth and Meta Knight.

I would have said Yoshi, but now the consensus is that it's neutral or in Wario's favor.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
From what I've heard about Wario, his hardest matches are Marth and Meta Knight.

I would have said Yoshi, but now the consensus is that it's neutral or in Wario's favor.
are you serious? i know that your highly proban, but this is ridiculous. if you ever BOTHERED to go to either MK OR wario boards, you can tell that its either neutral or SLIGHTLY to MK's favor. either way, no way in hell its wario's hardest matchup. GG

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I've actually changed on that. I'm more neutral than anything.

But yeah, I'll agree on W vs. MK as 45:55.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I would actually say that PT is probably Ness's worst fight, but there's still G&W.
Nope. I don't know the match up versus PT, but I can tell you it's not that bad. Take away the CG and we're fine. The match up against G&W is weird for Ness. However, the worst match up for Ness is Marth and that's not because of a CG.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
@SuSa: It maybe is Olimar...

For DDD I can say that I dont have problems against Snake with him, and I dont have that big Problems against DDDs with Snake, so I would say it's pretty even. But thats only personal experience.

But so is Olimar... maybe Olimar has the adventage :S

I'm not sure...

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
I feel that Lucario's worst match-up is Snake, 'cause he can outcamp you kinda and up-tilt. DDD can rack up damage if you stay in the middle too much, but the match-up really isn't that bad in my opinion if you camp next to the ledge and look for openings. DDD is going to be KO'ing with b-air mostly, and sometimes f-air, which are both difficult to land on Lucario, so you are going to stay at high percent for a while.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Wario : Marth

ROB : Zero Suit Samus ( Mk without infinite)

Lucario : DDD or Wario

Wario is impossible to kill with lucario if you aren't at high %, and he can camp you and kill you early with a fart, then you are done for D:

The Sìrén

Smash Cadet
In my opinion, a good Lucas can really throw off my Diddy.

It might be because my bro mains him and gets a ton of experience against my Diddy, but to me it seems like a bunch of his moves are counters to my playstyle. For example, of course as Diddy I'm gonna try to glide toss a nanner towards him, but Lucas, as many probably know, have many couters to nanners. Lucas's Fsmash can REPEL your nanners and send them FLYING back at you. His PK fire has a similar effect; it doesn't actually repel the banana, but instead acts as a long ranged sheild. HE also has many small true combos on Diddy, including his Dthrow-->Utilt. His PK Thunder can easily gimp your recovery, too..and get caught in Usmash, you're gone at like 80%. It's rediculous.

Anyone feel the same?

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I think PTs worst matchups in order are
Falco
Marth
GaW
ZSS
MK

I also know PT does extremely well against Ness however i do not know ness to well so perhaps Marth is a even worse matchup for him.
Squirtle: can water gun gimp his recovery and also same old tilt locks and fairs to build up damage to get him of the stage in the first place
Ivysuar: not much really but it is very common to not use a pokemon in alot of matchups and in this one i avoid ivysuar simply because squirtle and charizard do better not anything with ivysuar being bad.
Charizard: The awesome CG which is almost an infinite overall charizard just dominates Ness.

Klutch with big D

Smash Rookie
mk's hardest match up is himself..........what the crap.......BAN HIM
also, mk is everyones hardest matchup, HE CAN CHAINGRAB poor ness, and they are saying ness's hardest is marth...NO. Its meta, and mk should be assasinated.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Lucario's is definitely Dedede. Close is Marth, since everything he does outranges everything Lucario has, minus Aura Sphere and F-Smash.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I said that Marth was close, didn't say he wasn't behind. 'Cause he does outrange everything Lucario can do, minus two moves.

But I figure Dedede... maybe him and Snake are tied...

Gah, this is what happens when all your worst matchups are 60:40...

swordgard

Smash Hero
1. The infinite is easy to do and dsmash is not a hard attack to land. We land them all the time, please stop spewing this crap.
2. ROB has a terrible time against ZSS with or without the infinite. Before its discovery it was anywhere from 65:35 to 70:30 and with the infinite it isn't winnable. One dsmash = lost stock.

Lol, how was ZSS a hard counter for rob before the infinite.

Seriously, ZSS had no way to outspam rob nor outrange him in the air except with Side-B which you can SDI out of if its not the last hit .

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
i think you could accuarately say that everyone has a good matchup vs Gannon
lol

Sukai

Smash Champion
Really? Snake?
I've seen some Lucarios eat right through Snakes, I'd have to say that Falco is Lucario's worst match.
Falco can camp him like mad, which Lucario has little defense again, plus he can easily spike him out of his recovery, I guess the only real offside to this is that Falco can't really chaingrab him, but laser games/combos work like a charm, combine that with Lucario's average vertical knockback resistance and Falco's powerful pressure game, it's a done deal.
Lucario doesn't really have any "omg he's *****" matches.
If not Falco then Meta Knight.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about the others, but i'd say R.O.B.s hardest match up is definately ZSS, seeing at they have an infinite which only requires 1 downsmash to start.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm also going with ZSS for ROB. DDD is manageable, you just need to play gay. It's harder to play gay against a ZSS as they have better options to handle it.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Really? Snake?
I've seen some Lucarios eat right through Snakes, I'd have to say that Falco is Lucario's worst match.
Falco can camp him like mad, which Lucario has little defense again, plus he can easily spike him out of his recovery, I guess the only real offside to this is that Falco can't really chaingrab him, but laser games/combos work like a charm, combine that with Lucario's average vertical knockback resistance and Falco's powerful pressure game, it's a done deal.
Lucario doesn't really have any "omg he's *****" matches.
If not Falco then Meta Knight.
Are you joking? Falco is probably Lucario's BEST matchup among top/high tier.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Falco can't chain grab him, though he can try the dthrow>dair>jab>regrab, but its not guarenteed.

Isn't lucario's worst D3 anyway?

Sukai

Smash Champion
Falco can't chain grab him, though he can try the dthrow>dair>jab>regrab, but its not guarenteed.

Isn't lucario's worst D3 anyway?
That's it?
Theoretically, Falco can add a buffered short hop laser between (buffered) grabs to keep it going, but even if that can't work, Falco's laser game, camping and DACUS can rack damage up just as fast.
Falco has much more to his metagame than the chaingrab, so I naturally am having a hard time believing that the lack of chaingrab is why Falco isn't not only Lucario's worst matchup, but is also Lucario's easiest high/top tier matchup.

Top Bottom