• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The HARDEST Match-Up(s) For Each Character - Block 4: Olimar, Pikachu & Kirby.

Browny

Smash Hater
falco really has KO problems

and full charge AS and fsmash destroy his recovery, forcing him to use his side b above the stage and get punished, or fall below the stage and die because his upb goes 10 pixels

prob. the major advantages lucario can claim in that matchup. idk bout the rest, might bring it to even

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Falco's CG doesn't affect Lucci much and he takes a while to kill him which is a problem against Lucario. If Falco's camping is your main reasoning then you should probably consider Falco to be everyone's worst matchup lol.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
i say we move onto the next block of characters.

I will compile the results later on (I'm just very lazy the last days / week cause of school and other things)

Anyway we can move on with the next Block: Block 4.

Block 4
Olimar :
Pikachu :
Kirby :

My opinion:
Olimar : ???idk???
Pikachu : Marth
Kirby : Snake / ZSS

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Olimar: Peach, I've seen the ***** LIVE!

Pikachu: G&W , but only if the thunder can be bucketed.

Kirby: G&W/Snake. Marths can be handled easier than G&W, according to the experience I've gained in tourneys... And even though I personally feel Snakes are closer to even, I've yet to see other people agree with me in the Kirby boards, so I'll concede.

IxxI

Smash Fence
LOL, as a Snake player, I don't see why Snake is Kirby's hardest matchup.
Kirby does well in the air and can edge guard fairly easily.

gallax

Smash Hero
for pikachu teh hardest MU is definately marth. gaw is like ROb for pika players. the more you paly them the more you start to realize their openings and it gets easier. both are beatable. they are still tough mind you, but not as tough as marth.

the second hardest MU is a toss up for some people. some say diddy others say olimar. but, the one character that everyone always agrees to play as pika against is peach. even anther, the pika hero, says the peach is one of the hardest MU's for pika.

overall concensus:

1.) marth
2.) gaw/peach
3.) ROB/olimar/diddy

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
olimar is without doubt peach
Nah, she's not that hard. Oli's hardest is probably MK if they play it right, which 90% of whom don't, or a good Luigi or Marth IMO. Peach is probably the hardest if neither player really knows the matchup well.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
So I changed the Snake Counter because of request and the fact that Ally can beat nearly every DDD and there are also other Snake who do well against DDD (Including myself... but maybe my oppenants are ... -.- because I also can beat the Snakes here with DDD...)

I also changed the Name of the thread, so for now, there can be multiple hardest match-ups for every Character (1-3)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Olimar: Meta Knight
Pikachu: Marth
Kirby: ZSS/Marth/G&W
Why do people keep saying kirby's hardest matchup could be ZSS? Whenever I use Kirby, I don't find ZSS tough at all, and whenever I use ZSS I think Kirby's a fast little ****er and I can't seem to hit most of my moves (he's too small and fast).

Rawnie

Smash Champion
ZSS can escape Kirby's grab combo (down-b) and Kirby has troble approaching her. Pivot d-smash works well. She obviously outranges him. I dunno, I use ZSS and it's more of an opinion. Kirby has been some-what easy in the past.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
you do realize that MK is capable of doing much of what Marth can offensively to a greater degree.
Defensive wise Marth is better but offensively, MK does things better which has enabled him to be better.

So do explain why marth is ****** those characters that much harder when MK is capable of doing that much more?
A stronger zoning game.

MK is better at poking and forcing reactions.

Marth can just set up a wall that low tiers simply do not have the tools to penetrate effectively. If they manage to get in usually Marth has enough time to push them right back out with very little risk to himself.

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
Diddy : Luigi / Marth / Peach
Woah. . .
Diddy HM = Luigi, Falco, Marth. Honerable Mention - Peach

So I changed the Snake Counter because of request and the fact that Ally can beat nearly every DDD and there are also other Snake who do well against DDD (Including myself... but maybe my oppenants are ... -.- because I also can beat the Snakes here with DDD...)

I also changed the Name of the thread, so for now, there can be multiple hardest match-ups for every Character (1-3)
Just because Ally can beat every DDD, doesn't mean you can count other variables.
Snake is Broken and has VERY FEW weakness but, doesn't mean you shouldn't aknowledge his "what you WOULD say" hardest matchup is even if its not determined by much.

Ally > DDD doesn't mean Snake > DDD

DDD is a POTENTIAL counter due to it being his Hardest [closest to even] matchup.
I think it would just be foolish and hyping Snake if you don't Implement

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Snake can outcamp DDD and lives forever if he can get around UpTilt and dont get gimped. But okay I will re-add DDD, but I think Olimar is harder and MK... I myself find MK harder than both.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I always found MK to be the second hardest matchup for my pikachu. Agreed that Marth is the hardest though.

Top Bottom