• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thino

Smash Master
You see the problem is, nothing will ever be literally unbeatable.
Unless it was like as soon as the match starts, the game goes to the results screen on the first frame and MK is named the victor. Or something like that.
What degree of "beatable" would his planking have to be for it to be acceptable or unacceptable? Because I can guarantee you not every "shade" of the word beatable is the same. At a certain point you cross the line of what's reasonable to expect someone to have to go through to beat something when doing all of this won't even guarantee some accurate or desirable test of skill. Oh MK only 8-2's the cast instead of 100-0 when he gets to plank, we should still allow it and let it kill the game. No screw that.
How exactly do you draw this line?
How do you guys decide that its at 8-2 and not 100-0 that a character is beatable or not? arbitrarily?

But the wrong options from the edge tend to still be incredibly strong due to position/invincibility he gets, and doing a wrong option doesn't mean the other guy is or would reasonably be capable of punishing it.
If you say it this way, it makes it look like MK's planking is unbeatable since even if he messes up, he cannot be punished for it.

What about over-centralization? MK allowed to endlessly plank at the VERY least heavily degrades the game and would easily turn the game into not only heavy MK usage but heavy planking. Would that not be bannable or in need of a limit despite being some "slim" degree of beatable?
There's nothing wrong about over-centralization except variety considerations IMO, it's in the domain of personal tastes whether it "degrades" the game or not.

That is in NO WAY bannable or in need of a limit, unless people give in in the players wishes NOT to play a certain way (planking) or not to see a certain character winning over and over (MK) and this is exactly what the URC did.

Something that is beatable has no reason to be banned or nerfed.

Same thing with other characters' planking. It's not unbeatable but it could centralize the game around ledge play. If they remove the LGL, then they should also legalize stages with walk offs
What IS wrong with centralizing the game around ledge play, competitive-wise and leaving the "boring" and "that's not what the game is about" and "the goal is to take all stocks" arguments outside?

Judo777

Smash Master
Why would it matter if TKD was a character specific top level player or an overall top level payer when using him as an example of the Fox vs. MK match up?

Zeaton is considered a top Fox player. His loses against MK should count
Maybe hes really a top fox player and is just extremely abnormally good at the MK MU and would therefore be an outlier. So is TKD and Trevonte. It's not too strange to have 3 outliers.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Pro-ban logic: Any kind of information of a player that disproves my logic is an outlier and should not be counted.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What's funnier is when 1 person of that faction doesn't realize it himself.

Tommy G: Kind of broad statements since 1990

Judo777

Smash Master
3 outliers is really pushing it considering the size of the fox player base.
Well I wasn't being serious. however if you ask me, the fact that there are in fact only 3 known fox players points more toward them being exceptional than the opposite idea.

Anti-ban Logic: Any kind of information that disproves my opinion should be ignored, proceed to talk about how he will never get banned and that the thread should be locked.......oh yea I almost forgot, get better.

Thino

Smash Master

Cassio

Smash Master
smh at "the obvious". Boys and girls this is why we dont rely on public opinion with things that matter. By that list of quotes we see people care more about bullying their personal opinion over being correct. God help us, lol.

Cassio

Smash Master
1) appealing to the obvious =/= arguing. People who appeal to the obvious are a)stupid or b)know theyre wrong.
2) the response to pikas antiplanking ability was more or less "Nuh uh!". Not that I care if people want to hold onto this belief, but you cant claim there was some earth shattering argument about this that didnt exist.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
M2K vs Gnes yeah we seen dawg.

But they sure didn't...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miH3MHzKizs

Lol what!? M2k is going so aggro this match. He isn't even doing any of the so called "broken" stuff yall are talking about. He is just playing well. Getting reads, cutting off options, forcing his opponent to play his game, etc.

He approaching most of the time from what I see. But no matter what m2k does yall will blame it on mk and say mk needs to be banned. Cuz Fyi no other mk is on m2k's level and does the stuff he does. Really yall want m2k banned lol.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
m2k should have been banned from tournaments months ago (possibly even over a year) for all the **** he put some people through.

Also more anti ban logic: the only reason we are banning MK is because we want m2k banned/gone

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
imo, the fact that any character is as good as m2k makes him is bannable. but thats just me.

@ ripple, are you talking about in game stuff, if so I disagree.
If youre talking about outside of game factors, then you may have a case.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
1) appealing to the obvious =/= arguing. People who appeal to the obvious are a)stupid or b)know theyre wrong.
2) the response to pikas antiplanking ability was more or less "Nuh uh!". Not that I care if people want to hold onto this belief, but you cant claim there was some earth shattering argument about this that didnt exist.
Yes but you keep trying to imply that u've dealt with said tactic or have had an MK TRY TO TIME YOU OUT

That's the problem with most of you people arguing about MK's planking not being that bad. Not even M2K planks all the way, he admitted he tried not to time people out yesterday. Even though he planks pretty bad at times he still only does it ultimately to give himself an opening onstage, not to timeout. He more or less timeouts out when he doesn't know how to fight a character, or what do you know? When the clock is getting close to running out.

Go play a really good MK. Tell him to plank you til you get timed out. Til then. Please don't speak as if you think it's not unbeatable. Cause a MK coming back onstage, when he has the lead, isn't doing the planking right.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
This surprises me. Kain, I thought you were antiban.

Or are you anti but for LGL?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
This surprises me. Kain, I thought you were antiban.

Or are you anti but for LGL?

The 2nd. Moreso for a universal LGL for all characters just cause it's my preference to not play at the ledge all day or watch others play at the ledge all day.

Just can't believe of all the matches people have seen of planking and how hard it is to even land a hit, or intentionally get them back onstage without them actually doing it themselves. Like, I don't think I've ever seen a MK get forced to get back onstage, they willingly go ALL THE TIME, unless like I said, the clock is running out

NNID
Budget_Player
@Kid: does the term "player skill" mean anything to you? I mean, we could obviously say that anyone who makes Fei Long as good as Fuudo does in AE points to the character being broken, but that's nonsensical–other people just have to step up their ****ing games.

@Grim: Poor logic on the fox point. Some characters are niche, have underdeveloped metagames, or just have enough matchups in the realm of "really ****ing stupid" that they don't see much use. Fox falls in most of those categories.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers

Lol what!? M2k is going so aggro this match. He isn't even doing any of the so called "broken" stuff yall are talking about. He is just playing well. Getting reads, cutting off options, forcing his opponent to play his game, etc.

He approaching most of the time from what I see. But no matter what m2k does yall will blame it on mk and say mk needs to be banned. Cuz Fyi no other mk is on m2k's level and does the stuff he does. Really yall want m2k banned lol.
Wrong match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHQZBcLb5Z8

Cassio

Smash Master
@kid, tyrant actually made a good point about what M2Ks done with MK. Stating MK isnt overpowered, MK with asperengers is overpowered. Who knows what limits other characters could be pushed to when youre capable of sitting in a room by yourself playing with CPUs for hours and hours without losing focus.

Ripple I think you didnt get Mekos point.

Yes but you keep trying to imply that u've dealt with said tactic or have had an MK TRY TO TIME YOU OUT

That's the problem with most of you people arguing about MK's planking not being that bad. Not even M2K planks all the way, he admitted he tried not to time people out yesterday. Even though he planks pretty bad at times he still only does it ultimately to give himself an opening onstage, not to timeout. He more or less timeouts out when he doesn't know how to fight a character, or what do you know? When the clock is getting close to running out.

Go play a really good MK. Tell him to plank you til you get timed out. Til then. Please don't speak as if you think it's not unbeatable. Cause a MK coming back onstage, when he has the lead, isn't doing the planking right.
This wasnt my point at all though. People try and talk about this theoretically broken planking thats never happened, so I gave a theoretically good solution.

I'm not doing this to prove planking shouldnt be limited, only to show that differentiating between MKs planking vs planking in general isnt a matter of "broken" vs "beatable", but where you wish to draw the line.

On the topic of M2K trying not to plank at LCS, he also exhibited some of the best play hes had in quite awhile with some fairly dominating victories in comparison with his campier stategy.

Sync.

Smash Champion
m2k beat trela with 5 seconds left on the clock the only reason it wasnt a timeout is because trela ran offstage and tried to dair him (he couldnt him otherwise) resulting in a shuttleoop that sent him to the other side he then got dsmashed with like 5 seconds left.

People think that just because someone didnt time a person out that they didnt try to when in actuality the othe person would rather just get killed than timed out.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

What match were you watching? Lol it's so obvious how he abused the system yet again with his stupid *** character.

John#s referenced the correct match, go watch it then get back to me with your same argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom