• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So, I want to include Unholy Grail into my Anivia build, but I don't know when I'd buy chalice as her. After my tear? Or as a replacement to tear? Or do I go tear > codex?

I also want to try it on Lux. Thoughts?
I don't know much about Anivia, but I feel like Grail and Tear would be kind of redundant? I hear Aniv needs a lot of mana, but still, the mana regen (plus the 12% on kill/assist) is massive, wouldn't you be better off building something else than Tear?

is it me or are there more blitzcrank players as of late?
I'm so used to seeing them in half my games I haven't even thought of it lately.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i'm last pick in normal draft and they give me top... and I'm like how nice I even bought Darius and the other team didn't have him.. so I pick him and i see his harass is pretty good. I started cloth/5 against a Riven who started boots/3 since I figured i have no sustain I should get more pots and defense and in the end the Riven was bad as I never had to pot till i got ganked by their shyvana. I just used spaced Q to harass and that was it.. I would also do E > W > Q to harass and it would take like half her health with the passive still ticking. With frozen mallet, his E is great at catching people to perma-slow them.

Also, i spectated a game with a SUPPORT Darius

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So, I want to include Unholy Grail into my Anivia build, but I don't know when I'd buy chalice as her. After my tear? Or as a replacement to tear? Or do I go tear > codex?

I also want to try it on Lux. Thoughts?
I'd only get Chalice if you need the MR or you really need a ton of mana regen early-game. Codex is much more threatening.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
A Karthus carried me as Yi just now. I just pushed nonstop with Teleport/Ghost and Ionic Spark. Tore all the way to the inhibitor for mid and top lane.
Feels good.

:applejack:

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Tips vs double bruiser or blitzstar bot lanes? I guess I just need to play against them more, but I've lost hard against it twice now and it irks me.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Stay behind minions and farm under tower. Losing your tower early can be a good thing because it lets you farm easier. Value your life over minion gold/exp. Silently feel disappointed in partner that can't deal with it.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I just waited until laning was over, honestly. Just farm safely, wait until the fact that they have no AD carry sink all the way in, then come back.

And for the love of god, ward bushes.

voorhese

Smash Master
Alistar built full AD carry, and every other lane got outplayed so our jungler couldnt help us like at all. Eventually I did start farming again, and ended up having more CS than ali. but by then it was too late.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't know how to teamfight with Nasus at all. I beat a GP and a Darius in lane pretty well, then we end up losing because of team fails/me not being the tank I need to be. Advice?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Does anyone else get black screen PvPnet when logging in? It keeps happening to me, it seems to happen most often when I look at firefox while it's loading, but either way it's annoying as hell having to re-login a few times just for it to work...

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I keep forgetting about the Chalice upgrade. Not sure how it'll fit with Malz's build but it'd definitely solve some mana problems when trying to chase after laying down every skill in a teamfight.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've been going cloth + pots first (or boots + pots depending on lane), then getting boots, regrowth pendant, then philo, then sheen, then shurelyas. I try to get glacial shroud in there, maybe after reverie. CDR seems really important on him, due to Q, but I've never thought of SV. Sounds like a really good idea on him, with the HP + passive to supplement his.

Sidenote: I've been having SUPER success with ignite/flash on my AD carries. Going to start carrying it regularly (I'm seeing it a lot more on the enemy carries too, for probably the same reason).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Stay behind minions and farm under tower. Losing your tower early can be a good thing because it lets you farm easier. Value your life over minion gold/exp. Silently feel disappointed in partner that can't deal with it.
cept AD carry (Corki & Vayne) can go top lane

Falcinho

Smash Ace
I don't know how to teamfight with Nasus at all. I beat a GP and a Darius in lane pretty well, then we end up losing because of team fails/me not being the tank I need to be. Advice?
I'd just recommend that build the solo top from sypher is running most of the time.

His first 2 purchases are a Kindle Gem and Glacial shroud usually (unless he absolutely needs ninja tabi or mercs to survive the lane)

Then he can basically get 90% of his cs with Q and just build hella tanky, while still dealing enough dmg in teamfights.

In Teamfights, just slap *****es with your q and wither their carry if possible

Top Bottom