• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm thinking about spending my leftover RP on Darius. Have any of you tried him? Does he stomp faces as easily as I think he does?
Almost every normal now has him, and I have yet to see a team that has him lose to a team that doesn't.

He's ridiculous in teamfights. :applejack:
He's strong, but his teamfighting really isn't that strong IMO. No mobility, and all his abilities are fairly short range. If the opposing team doesn't kill the **** out of you, you can kinda run wild with ults, but I found that I was falling off late game because of his short range. Still had a lot of fun playing him and found him brutally strong early/mid.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Also his ult by design hogs resources from other champs that could likely use the money more (AP mid or AD carries) via the built in KSing incentive.

Also just like Fiora you can camp the pants off him top and there's little he can do to deal with it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
leftover RP that I had no other use for.
I bought him, played a custom game vs garen/wukong/cho/xin bots, decimated everything forever, then suddenly my nexus got destroyed and I lost :(

Still, he seems really strong. His ult is ridiculous, and oftentimes even if they escape with a speck of health left they'll just bleed to death. I don't see anything about it resetting on assists, but I was playing by myself so I couldn't test that. I did find that if they die from bleeding a couple seconds after ulting, the CD doesn't reset, but it's only like 90 seconds and goes down per level lol.

Trying to figure out efficient builds on him. I feel like Frozen Heart is a must for the tankiness and mana, what else? More specifically, what should I get early game for maximum damage output, combined with chasing/survivability? I went clothpots -> boots -> dblade -> phage -> merc treads -> glacial shroud. Does that seem like a reasonable build for real games, or does it need more damage before the phage/glacial shroud?
I feel like Zeal would be a good item on him, so maybe I could get triforce instead of mallet?

Xaltis

Smash Hero
time efficiency. Its seriously cheaper to to buy champs with RP than IP. (using the whole time = money thing)
That is false. Using money and not using money is a difference. Time has nothing to do with it in this situation. I'm talking about using money and not using money. It costs more to use money.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i've only played two games vs. a dairus both times he did decent in lane, but then flopped around in teamfights, got chain-ulted and focused and ***** like a fiora or trynd lol

edit: xaltis u know that by efficiency he means u can't buy runes with rp. so if you hit lv 30 and you want to be tournament-ready as fast as possible (or whatever the **** reason) then buying key-champs with rp makes a lot of sense. it also makes sense if ur a grown *** man w/ paying job lol.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
edit: xaltis u know that by efficiency he means u can't buy runes with rp. so if you hit lv 30 and you want to be tournament-ready as fast as possible (or whatever the **** reason) then buying key-champs with rp makes a lot of sense. it also makes sense if ur a grown *** man w/ paying job lol.
Yea, I guess I forgot the runes thing. Idk I'm just patient and only use RP on skins. But yea I get your point now.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
That is false. Using money and not using money is a difference. Time has nothing to do with it in this situation. I'm talking about using money and not using money. It costs more to use money.
Assuming you can work for minimum wage, you can buy champions quicker by working and paying for them than you can by grinding LoL for IP. Of course this raises the question of whether the difference in the quality of your time playing LoL vs. working is worth the expedited acquisition of champions.

But time efficiency and **** aside, you can't buy all the **** you'd need to be competitive in LoL with just IP if you started within the last year or so. If you have a job and expendable income, it frequently makes sense to say **** it and spend money on LoL so that you can have everything you want without using all your free time grinding IP.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Anywho, Darius was fun in my first game. Hard to judge since I was laning top against... Darius. And I destroyed him. He started Doran's Blade :/

Lovage

Smash Hero
pretty much @ above

i mean, you don't totally need all 100 pokemon to be competitive, but having a KEY 30 or so is a smart investment if you wanna have a tiny edge in ranked 5's or scrim's or go4lol's etc. 30 or so champs is a good goal for starting competitive, try to grab all the good heros in your role, and popular picks in other lanes so you can trade if needed.

if you don't spend your ip on ****ty impulse-buy champs you never use again, and buy the correct runes at lv. 20, ip shouldn't be a huge huge problem.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Since Darius was taken this game, I went mid karma and tried Athene's. It's amazing. That and DFG for max CDR, then I went aegis and stuff and supported my team SO HARD >=( we won the game from 2-10 even though their lee sin and vayne were fed. It was nice having people not rage at each other/give up, for once.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Time =/= money, time is free.. spend it however you like. **** yeah facebook.

edit: why can't this site just have a language filter option like the LoL client?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I swear this thread might as well be Asdioh's Diary.
:3

practically none of you have played with me so i just solo queue almost all the time, with the occasional group of friend games.

but seriously athene's is amazing.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
:3

practically none of you have played with me so i just solo queue almost all the time, with the occasional group of friend games.

but seriously athene's is amazing.
I have you added, but I'm never ever someone who starts games. Maybe if I see you today, I will.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
ok! ...neither am I, lol.

I somehow missed the fact that Darius' W also slows enemy attack speed. Holy crap.
I message you on LoL a lot and you never respond to me. I even said one time "message me when you're here, lets play a game". I go watch a stream and when i finish i go check my client and you're in a game :|

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
So I played this game with ashe. I had 26k when it ended. What should my final items have been?

I started with AS boots, IE, and PD, then bought a LW and GA (QSS wasnt cutting it, they had burst not cc). After buying GA I never died, but we still struggled with team fights.

Thoughts?

Okuser

Smash Ace
sell boots for PD, best thing to do

oh didn't realize you didn't have BT, yea obviously get BT, then for 6th item you sell boots get PD

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Basically what Moggy said. Better to just spend some money and keep up with the rest of the players with RP with job money than to try and IP your way there. With a job/school, I didn't have enough time to gain IP, so most of the time I just bought RP to use. :applejack:

Lovage

Smash Hero
@ ad 5/6th items

bloodthirsters a good pick as a 5th/6th item. an obvious choice if you bought a vamp scepter early game.

warmogs is a FUN choice i like doing that on MF lol...
it would actually be good if atma's wasnt so ****in ****ty now. that was my dream 6-item build for mf/kogmaw.

qss is better than GA in most!!! cases. if the game has: big physical damage + gap closers + good protection team (ga works better if you don't die again when you rez) then GA might be the smarter buy.

but any big CC's that have even a 30% chance of landing on you in a fight pretty much deserve a qss. this includes amumu, veigar, ryze, ahri, urgot ETC. even tho naut only has passive that's cleansable, it is WORTH IT to buy qss if he's being rough in teamfights. if naut fires a long range ult and you can cleanse+flash after his hook+auto attack, and that bait might make the fight in your favor.

don't get qss for ashe arrow or some **** like that, your positioning should really be better than that if you have your PD already. don't be a ****** and get qss for alistar/malphite lol.

secret pro tip: qss ****ing ***** morde and veigar, and it's actually not that bad vs. a big cho (3 second silence not kool.)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So, I want to include Unholy Grail into my Anivia build, but I don't know when I'd buy chalice as her. After my tear? Or as a replacement to tear? Or do I go tear > codex?

I also want to try it on Lux. Thoughts?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
So, I want to include Unholy Grail into my Anivia build, but I don't know when I'd buy chalice as her. After my tear? Or as a replacement to tear? Or do I go tear > codex?

I also want to try it on Lux. Thoughts?
only way i've found to be able to incorporate Athene's is by going tear>chalice>upgrade on her, its not nearly a suitable standalone replacement for all of her mana problems because it doesn't give any kind of giant mana pool like tear or RoA provides for her late game

Top Bottom