• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Purple

Hi guys!
How does farming under a turret for an AD carry work? Sometimes it takes two turret hits for prime last hitting, some times one hit will put a bit under half, how can i tell which is going to happen?

Lovage

Smash Hero
once u have a dorans blade last hitting under tower is really easy

besides that...
counterpush so the tower doesn't shoot at all 6 creeps (keeping the wave just outside of tower is usually optimal anyways)
bring down awkward-hp creeps to acceptable hp with a few autos so you can get the CS after the tower shoots them
ask ur support to auto the ranged creeps if they're at full hp

What's The Point

Smash Master
If you have AD runes or a Doran's Blade it takes 1 hit from you and the tower to kill a ranged minion, 2 tower hits and 1 from you to killed a melee minion. If you have low AD for whatever reason you need 2 attacks instead of 1.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
If you have AD runes or a Doran's Blade it takes 1 hit from you and the tower to kill a ranged minion, 2 tower hits and 1 from you to killed a melee minion. If you have low AD for whatever reason you need 2 attacks instead of 1.
This.

Melee minions: let tower hit it twice, then you last hit it

Ranged minions: you hit it, tower hits it, you hit it again.

Generally seems to work for me, but it's true that having doran's or AD runes etc help with that.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
there's that ever-present nikasaur in the background >=(
I'm going to assume you are gay. which I don't have a problem with but what straight Male complains about Nikasaur on the Client main page? I mean she ain't terribly cute but she definitely isn't ugly.

Lovage

Smash Hero
WRONG ad runes alone won't cs ranged creeps in 1 shot u need a dorans blade or a support to auto them (cept ****** corki)

Lovage

Smash Hero
um

just so we're clear, i'm talking about when you have your first dorans like 6 mins into the game. starting dorans on ad is really fokn terrible lol

Purple

Hi guys!
Really? What would be better? I almost always start dorans unless I don't have a sustain support, then I go boots and three pots.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
WRONG ad runes alone won't cs ranged creeps in 1 shot u need a dorans blade or a support to auto them (cept ****** corki)
Alright, thanks.

um

just so we're clear, i'm talking about when you have your first dorans like 6 mins into the game. starting dorans on ad is really fokn terrible lol
not as bad as vamp scepter!

Really? What would be better? I almost always start dorans unless I don't have a sustain support, then I go boots and three pots.
I'm pretty sure boots/3 is the ideal start 99.9% of the time, sadly.

edit: oh wow I just checked my email and got an amazing ~40 IP~ from Tribunal stuff, so I went back out of boredom to look at a few cases and the tribunal looks different. It seems to show allied team now ._.

Lovage

Smash Hero
lol

dorans vs. dorans meta was ****ing BORING i'm glad everyone smartened up and goes boots (and soraka/sona got nerfed a lot lol)

always go boots unless ur graves/corki with soraka MAYBE but even then boots is probably better still lol.

honesty edit: dorans first still pretty good on ashe/mf/graves in SOME spots but its tricky

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I'm going to assume you are gay. which I don't have a problem with but what straight Male complains about Nikasaur on the Client main page? I mean she ain't terribly cute but she definitely isn't ugly.
I'm gay and I don't mind Nikasaur~ Then again I knew her from competitive Pokemon so...

Is Corki underrated? or is he just not played below 1700 ELO? He seems to do an absurd amount of damage at all phases of the game.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm going to start going boots 3 more often then and see if it helps my farm

or my general gameplay even.
If you can't last hit with dorans this will certainly not help your farm.

It makes it easier to avoid ganks/harass with less retribution, position as needed though, and gives you some healing to resort to so you're not at risk of death the whole time you're in lane until you go back.

EDIT: TIL Zolga is gay.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What the hell to do against Kennen? I just played a game where my team got first blood by invading their jungle, but then their kennen got a fairly quick 3-0 score despite having nothing but boots. I was mid (Karma, seemed good with my teamcomp) against him, and his low level damage was INSANE despite no AP items. It was an uphill battle the whole time, with him being able to consistently have higher CS than me while also being able to quickly gank top or bot because of his E. He was also ungankable for that reason, a Nocturne ult+fear chain on him was easily escaped, etc. And then lategame of course he became even MORE dangerous.

I'm just going to ban him if possible, but if that doesn't happen what do?!?!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
As far as ganking is concerned, I find it effective to coax him into using his E offensively by pretending to poke out too far. I'm sure they don't typically do that, but here and there you'll find a Kennen who will. THEN comes the gank.

Basically, find a way to get him to burn his escape before the gank even happens.

Also, pick Ryze vs. Kennen. I don't know. :applejack:

Coney

Smash Master
darius = most all-or-nothing champ in the game

dude is either 10-0 or 0-10

What the hell to do against Kennen? I just played a game where my team got first blood by invading their jungle, but then their kennen got a fairly quick 3-0 score despite having nothing but boots. I was mid (Karma, seemed good with my teamcomp) against him, and his low level damage was INSANE despite no AP items. It was an uphill battle the whole time, with him being able to consistently have higher CS than me while also being able to quickly gank top or bot because of his E. He was also ungankable for that reason, a Nocturne ult+fear chain on him was easily escaped, etc. And then lategame of course he became even MORE dangerous.

I'm just going to ban him if possible, but if that doesn't happen what do?!?!
don't get hit by Qs

that's basically it tbh, that's his biggest source of damage. if he's hitting you with the 5th autoattack to proc lightning, you can harass him back or just let him push the wave by hitting you. ken's annoying and really REALLY hard to gank at mid but just know he usually doesn't become as strong as other conventional ap mids at the same time

he doesn't have as high burst potential as other mids and as long as you see his flash > ult coming, you should be able to get out of it no problem. usually kens will do this as soon as/a little after they hit 6, so coordinate a jungle gank mid so he'll be a sitting duck with flash and e down.

voorhese

Smash Master
ugh, 1st duo Q with faith and i end up supporting a ******** vayne. He can't CS to save his life. This is after calling vayne, and only vayne. We got him in the skype call, so I could basically try to tell him when to go in and to back up and all that, and I had to explain to him CS and zoning during our skype call. We won the game and the lane (in kills not CS). He rushed Black cleaver when no one on the enemy team had built armor yet, and never built into IE or zeal. terror.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
don't get hit by Qs

that's basically it tbh, that's his biggest source of damage. if he's hitting you with the 5th autoattack to proc lightning, you can harass him back or just let him push the wave by hitting you. ken's annoying and really REALLY hard to gank at mid but just know he usually doesn't become as strong as other conventional ap mids at the same time

he doesn't have as high burst potential as other mids and as long as you see his flash > ult coming, you should be able to get out of it no problem. usually kens will do this as soon as/a little after they hit 6, so coordinate a jungle gank mid so he'll be a sitting duck with flash and e down.
I'll try to keep this in mind. Skillshots normally don't bother me but for some reason I find Kennen's hard to dodge :x
Is there someone here that plays Kennen I could practice laning against sometime? I've never done something like that but it seems like a good idea.

Niko45

Smash Master
I like dblade start on graves/corki if I'm with a blitz or leona cause I just feel like they have so much zoning control and I want to do a ton of damage early if the opportunity arises. Depends on the opposing lane as well tho.

Coney

Smash Master
I'll try to keep this in mind. Skillshots normally don't bother me but for some reason I find Kennen's hard to dodge :x
Is there someone here that plays Kennen I could practice laning against sometime? I've never done something like that but it seems like a good idea.
well it has a very high projectile speed, so dodging it is more difficult than some other spells. you should be starting boots 99% of the time mid though, and standing behind minions, so it shouldn't be too difficult

i will say if a kennen goes 3-0 early the game is probably his to lose at your elo, i'd bet he can just stun and kill at least one person for free every time his ult is up

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
well it has a very high projectile speed, so dodging it is more difficult than some other spells. you should be starting boots 99% of the time mid though, and standing behind minions, so it shouldn't be too difficult

i will say if a kennen goes 3-0 early the game is probably his to lose at your elo, i'd bet he can just stun and kill at least one person for free every time it's up
I had boots/pots, had a bit of trouble early game though because after we got first blood, my lane already had a large minion wave so I was trying to catch up in CS, I made the mistake of underestimating Kennen's insane level 2 damage and he killed me.. I couldn't catch up after that :[

Coney

Smash Master
I had boots/pots, had a bit of trouble early game though because after we got first blood, my lane already had a large minion wave so I was trying to catch up in CS, I made the mistake of underestimating Kennen's insane level 2 damage and he killed me.. I couldn't catch up after that :[
you just have to understand ken's abilities and how they interact...at level 2, the maximum ken can do is proc AA mark > Q > W > stun > AAx??? > ignite you, but even that shouldn't be enough to kill you...unless you were already ~60% health and/or taking minion aggro also. if you had a big wave in front of you, did you **** up and start taking minion hits too?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I don't think I did, I just AoEd them down with my spells. Maybe I should get that lol replay thing so I can see where I went wrong next time :|
Does it take up extra CPU power?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'm a fair amount more confident in top lane now, me and honda ran a ton of games and i got a better feel for a lot of things during top lane.

Still want px10's training, there's a major difference between being ok and good.

Also my irelia sucks hardcore, i'm sure part of it is I need AS runes.

Top Bottom