• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

Channel Name - SWF

All upcoming tournaments

Current Events:

Preseason shenanigans

North American Challenger League Series - Results/VoDs, Twitch

Battle of the Atlantic - http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

before you ***** about solo queue, read mogwais words of wisdom - mogwaismusings.wordpress.com/2012/02/20/soloqueuementality/

teemo sucks

DISCLAIMER: TEEMO IS NOT ACTUALLY THIS GOOD

[collapse=old first post]

yo talk about LoL up in the business.

if you wanna get in on LoL with smashers, join chat channel SWF in the LoL client.

IPL
Official Twitch Stream

Everyday we shufflin'

PS before *****ing about solo queue, read my blog: mogwaismusings.wordpress.com/2012/02/20/soloqueuementality/

:teemo:

Firebert is not a good commando name

Pakman
LoL Tag(s): CosmicHippo , ILikeMacGyver
LoL Mains: Nasus, Kassadin, Amumu, Zilean, Alistar, Galio, Morgana (kinda)

[/collapse]

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Finally a LoL thread! I would put my info but my computer runs it pretty slowly, so it kinda ruins it for me.

What do you all think of the "LoL Tier Lists"? Seems kinda stupid to me. It matters a hell of a lot more how skilled the person is than what charscter they're using.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Finally a LoL thread! I would put my info but my computer runs it pretty slowly, so it kinda ruins it for me.

What do you all think of the "LoL Tier Lists"? Seems kinda stupid to me. It matters a hell of a lot more how skilled the person is than what charscter they're using.
That's true, but when you get to high elo play, it does matter. I mean, it's the same way for a game like smash, but LoL is a newer community, so the player base is larger and the top level of play is a smaller section of the community than it is with a game like smash (where now everyone's way too good). So yea, for a long time, you can basically play anyone well and be successful, but please don't pick ****ing Evelynn in my ranked games, kthxbai.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Hi, I'm Eve and a 400 gold item makes me irrelevant!
that's oversimplifying, and I've seen Dan Dihn's Eve enough to respect her more than that, but she is the LoL community's whipping boy, so she seemed like a convenient choice. Honestly, I'd rather have Dan's Eve than any Pantheon on my SR team, but w/e, they both need a buff bad.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
that's oversimplifying, and I've seen Dan Dihn's Eve enough to respect her more than that, but she is the LoL community's whipping boy, so she seemed like a convenient choice. Honestly, I'd rather have Dan's Eve than any Pantheon on my SR team, but w/e, they both need a buff bad.
Yeah, and Chu's Pichu has beaten Plank's Sheik. Dan Dinh is really, really good at this game (how he wrecks with Gangplank I just don't know), but whenever you see him play against other high level teams (CLG or AoN) he won't touch Eve because one invisiblity ward in the lane or an Oracle Elixir just shuts down almost all of her ganking abilities. She's just... bad, and I don't know why they don't buff her at all; every patch I remember just skips over her. Maybe they want her at the bottom of the barrel for some reason?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Tomato Cat
amumu, blitzcrank, soraka, garen

They are reworking Evelynn. A while ago there was a re-worked Evelynn in the test realm but it ended up being scrapped. Checking the giant whiney thread about Eve in GD shows a Red Post saying they have a new re-worked Eve in progress with a "new ult that solves all of her problems" but they have other bugs and stuff they are also working on too so it might not be for a while. Basically, the general "we havent forgotten."

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Yeah, and Chu's Pichu has beaten Plank's Sheik. Dan Dinh is really, really good at this game (how he wrecks with Gangplank I just don't know), but whenever you see him play against other high level teams (CLG or AoN) he won't touch Eve because one invisiblity ward in the lane or an Oracle Elixir just shuts down almost all of her ganking abilities. She's just... bad, and I don't know why they don't buff her at all; every patch I remember just skips over her. Maybe they want her at the bottom of the barrel for some reason?
their repeated reasoning on it has been that Eve already stomps around Low-Mid elos as is and they're fearful that a buff to make her viable at high levels of play will make her downright abusive at lower levels.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol tag: Dastrn
champs I play: Kayle, Heimer, Zilean, Janna, Jax, Annie, Ryze, Fiddle, Veigar

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Prog:
LoL tag: progducto (30), gengarden (23), NoDignity(4?)
Champions: Zilean, Gangplank, Morgana, Karthus, Shen

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
btw Vanz you can make your location Summoner's Rift.... its been M3D's forever now (pretty sure before Mogwai! :D)

Spife

Smash Master
I think Shaco needs a buff. I feel like his passive should ALSO give him 10 AD every second, and he loses it when some one QQ's This would be balanced because he'd never keep any AD from his passive.

Anyway

LoL tag: Spife
Mains: Shaco, Twitch, TF

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
btw Vanz you can make your location Summoner's Rift.... its been M3D's forever now (pretty sure before Mogwai! :D)
It's been mine for months, but M3D and I don't share any forum space really so I wouldn't know who won.

I think Shaco needs a buff. I feel like his passive should ALSO give him 10 AD every second, and he loses it when some one QQ's This would be balanced because he'd never keep any AD from his passive.

Anyway

LoL tag: Spife
Mains: Shaco, Twitch, TF
I don't QQ about Shaco so it would be a big buff for him in my games. You should play Garen, he's like Link, if you ain't spinnin', you ain't winnin'.

Cia

das kwl
lol.. my using Eve avatar is nothing more than just the picture that represents my smashboards account. (She does kinda loke like Peach tho.. lol) I'd never use her in a srs match. In fact, i never even play srs matches.. I'm at like.. lv 6 on my Flariados account because I was getting ***** on my HL account. I need to get better at the game by playing more lower level opponents. It's feel's pretty good to be a scrub =)

btw, i'm REALLY liking Teemo. plz tell me he's a good char.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Tag: Chantal (30), CABC (smurf, like level 16ish)
LoL Mains: Ezreal, Kayle, Heimerdinger, Morgana, Soraka,Ttaric, Shen, Annie, Garen, Nidalee, Akali, Gragas, Master Yi, Malphite

(I'll use just about anyone though :p)

Vyke

Smash Champion
Tag: Tonixion, Spooks McGee, Cuban Pete
Mains: Shaco, Kassadin, Cho'Gath, Amumu, Gangplank, Shen, Poppy, Mordekaiser, Vladimir, Nasus, Rammus, Singed.

I want to put Mundo but he really doesn't exist anymore. :[

Edit: Developer's said they are working on giving Eve a new ultimate, but the rework they had in plans made her gamebreaking OP because it covered a lot of her flaws. They're still working on her.

john!

Smash Hero
tag: aenguskhan

mains: tristana, master yi, warwick, anivia, teemo, ashe (out of the 30 or so i've tried)

tristana da bes, but i wish they'd make anivia free one of these weeks, i tried her out a few games when all champs were open and loved her

L__

Smash Master
Summoner name: itsumoiruyo

plays: Ezreal, Nasus, Malzahar, Tryndamere, Udyr, Kayle, Twitch, Xin Zhao, Shaco, Morgana, Twisted Fate, Annie and Kassadin.

_kSo_

Smash Master
ohhhh man a lighthouse thread finally haha

LoL tag: XxkSoxX , XDNPH
LoL mains: Janna, Taric, Fiddlesticks

we should use this thread to get people from the same ELO together and play some ranked arranged! :-D

TheLake

Smash Master
Oh la laaaa!

Mains - Amumu, Kayle, Nasus, Veigar, Anivia

Tags - Monol

...well, it's hard to describe in words, I could draw a diagram though - yes

Kicks with zelda - 16 +

Leacero

Smash Lord
Summoner Name - Leacero
Mains - Zilean/Anyone else under the sky provided the team needs it

Suscribed, will read through later, currently in a LoL game. =P