• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm gay and I don't mind Nikasaur~ Then again I knew her from competitive Pokemon so...

Is Corki underrated? or is he just not played below 1700 ELO? He seems to do an absurd amount of damage at all phases of the game.
You can't be gay. You already threw us for a loop with the whole "Oh yeah I'm black" thing. You don't get another one mother ****er.

Corki is pretty solid. Til recently you would have seen less of him with ridic stuff like Graves or Sivir after the back and forth.

If you can't last hit with dorans this will certainly not help your farm.

It makes it easier to avoid ganks/harass with less retribution, position as needed though, and gives you some healing to resort to so you're not at risk of death the whole time you're in lane until you go back.

EDIT: TIL Zolga is gay.
HEAAEUHUA BOOTS

darius is weak/mediocre/decent all of you people overreacted and rode da hype train
Sorta. He has his flaws and CP mu's. He's not weak damage wise, he just doesn't have a solid way around certain bull****. He's got Nasus syndrome: big walk everywhere thing just asking to be kited and depraved of engagements. He's not as dominant early game as people claim him to be: I'm definitely more scared of Garen than this guy. The only parts that seem a bit crazy are his ult and the amount of damage he can do. I dunno how his ult works specifically, but I've seen it fizzle due to some weird ****. Saw Pantheon stun over and over while he got targeted, put the ult on CD and no damage done. If stuff like that is common and easy to duplicate, then yeah he's pretty bad if you can reliably shut that down.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Nikasaur isn't ugly but she's just super super average-looking and therefore her rabid following is pretty unreasonable and quite annoying

Also the time of man has come to an end

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
darius is weak/mediocre/decent all of you people overreacted and rode da hype train
I don't see how he can lose a lane. His level 6 damage output seems to kill anyone in 1 combo.

I agree his lategame is mediocre, but his early levels are INSANE and I'll happily play top matchups as Darius vs. anyone to test supposed 'CPs' because as far as I've been able to tell, his early damage is so far out of line that no one can trade with him.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Darius is so easy to gank it's hilarious, throw a good ganker top to camp him, gg.

also corki is def not underrated, he's probably just too hard for most people to play sub 1700

Niko45

Smash Master
his DoT is ****ing ******** and easy as hell to stack naturally in his combo

and he's a KS machine I ****ing hate every new champ I swear

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Darius 1v1 from what I've seen is pretty unbeatable early game by most b/c of his passive primarily... however he super ****ty late game, and if jungler camps him a couple times against an enemy that can beat him with a few levels over him I'm pretty sure there is **** all he could do about it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Darius is so easy to gank it's hilarious, throw a good ganker top to camp him, gg.

also corki is def not underrated, he's probably just too hard for most people to play sub 1700
Can't camp when your lane partner dies

Darius has his uses. He can be a force late game, but if he can't kill everyone alone and he's melee so late game all he can do is finish up what the AP and AD carry did.

Coney

Smash Master
just get your jungler to give you a slight lead...at least olaf can escape or slow you if you get ahead, darius can only either try to kill you (kite) or...pull you to him? ROFL

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Speaking of Darius, just did ranked and had a Darius pentakill us lategame. I was Voli laning against him and it actually went pretty well. I was going to choose Riven against him but my team was like "DON'T DO THAT" but they were happy with Volibear. That was... unexpected. I kind of thought Riven wouldn't have too much trouble?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Speaking of Darius, just did ranked and had a Darius pentakill us lategame. I was Voli laning against him and it actually went pretty well. I was going to choose Riven against him but my team was like "DON'T DO THAT" but they were happy with Volibear. That was... unexpected. I kind of thought Riven wouldn't have too much trouble?
People probably been watching Riven get bodied in the MU too much that they'd rather see something unconventional.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
>queue for rank
>team captain bans darius
>instant dodge from other team

:mistyface:

Coney

Smash Master
characters like riven can outplay anyone imo, but the average darius will demolish the average riven

:phone:

voorhese

Smash Master
This discussion about darius is kool. I agree that i think he falls off late because a lack of utility. BUT I think he would be very strong in an AoE comp, he has his own AoE damage, and if you can imagine like morg/sona ult or something for team fights with him....holy crap....just deal AoE damage/cc then have him cut everyone's head off.

voorhese

Smash Master
idk, i think with a strong laning phase and then an AoE comp, darius is not just another person who can blow people up, he could kill all 5 i think in that 1 ult assuming the rest of his team is doing some damage too. like faster than anyone else (with out being ridiculously fed).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Someone on my team played support voli. Started boots and wards. late game he had atmogs and was 7/2/5. wat.
Seems legit.

I feel like most of my games are lost because people don't focus the right targets in teamfights. Their team had a fed Graves, a Fizz, Gangplank, Nautilus, and Alistar. Guess who my team focused?

Was really frustrating because we aced them, got baron, and got up to their inhibitor, could have won at that point but teamfights after that were poo.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I dunno what it is. Every time the enemy team has support Voli, he gets 3-0 15 minutes in, and we end up losing. I'm never bot lane, either, so I don't ever see what goes on.

The only time I played a Darius, I was Nasus. I put one point into Q, and actually leveled up Spirit Fire some, cause he was kind of painful. Got early Ninja Tabi, then it seemed like between that and my passive, he couldn't chase me away from my minions. My jungler was smart, too, and helped me out. I dunno, I'm not afraid of his laning. I was a bit behind in CS, and didn't get as much Q farm as I wanted, but we took down his tower first.

Also, Nasus is my favorite top lane. He seems to have so many hard MUs, though. :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Like I said, I had a 3 game win streak playing support Voli. It may not be the best, but with good teamwork you can get your carry fed early on. I feel like he's like a more reliable blitzcrank. Just my opinion, man.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I dunno. Is it just this week (free week), or has it been happening a lot? I saw one today or yesterday, and it wasn't even me.

Not as rare as seeing Karmas that aren't me though.

edit: lost 3 games in a row, then went support voli with cait and dominated Ashe+Alistar, and we won easily :/ what the hell
dubs edit: just did it again, voli+ashe vs taric+vayne, we ***** them, and i ganked top lane at level 1 so our top got fed too

Coney

Smash Master
i mean i go support volibear in normal draft because i don't ****ing feel like supporting a 4-man prem, but i'd never pull that **** in serious games

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah, my friend bet me $10 i wouldn't have the balls to go AP corki in a ranked game and i ended up going 17/2

people in solo q are baddddddddddddddddddddddd

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Also, Nasus is my favorite top lane. He seems to have so many hard MUs, though. :(
Find minion. Kill it with Q. There you go you are now Nasus.

It's a shame you still don't have balls, though :( At least you're 10 dollars closer!
Money alone would not be able to fix his unnaturally saturated levels of poontato coursing through his veins.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Darius may not be much of a problem in summoner's rift, but he's the hardest mother ****er to deal with in twisted treeline that I've probably ever dealt with. He provides more team fight utility and damage going pure tank than I think anyone else at the moment.
DEKAR!!!!
HOW DO YOU BEAT DARIUS IN THREES?
:(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You beat him by going Triple Gragas and 1 shotting him

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I had a feeling Darius was gonna be the new tyrndamere in twisted treeline. Guy really does work in 2v2 and 3v3

Hitting people 1/4+ their health is insane

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I really don't understand some of the arguments presented here sometimes. Alright, Darius falls off lategame, I understand that. I don't understand the argument that all you have to do is get your jungler to help you out against him early and then he's no problem.

I mean, okay, I get the argument but I don't see it as a solution. I read it as Darius is so strong early that the only way to beat him is to 2-on-1 him. I also think that if I'm the jungler on Darius' team I should camp top lane until either Darius gets a kill or the other jungler comes along and we get a double kill.

Top Bottom