• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
play more kog, it makes the role fun =)

No, play more Teemo. Trying to play Teemo as Ranged AD is fun.

I find bruisers more fun to be fed with cause then you can roam the map and do whatever the **** you want where as ADs still have to be extremely careful no matter how fed.

AD is the most rewarding in actual tight battle games tho cause your positioning and decision making is so key to the team's success.

I don't play mids tho so I can't comment on them. Also jungling ****ing sucks you're just the scapegoat for everything and you can make tons of plays and still lose easily while simultaneously being naturally underfed.
Sorta. I enjoy bruisers and people top that get the job done. You go in **** **** up etc. Renekton and Garen are fun. If you're playing top to be that "guy" who enjoys Yorick or immovable wall/sustain/farm, I don't find that fun (anymore if you wanna add Nasus to that group but I don't really)

Mid is a lot of fun, especially if you get that snowball going.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Huh. I think this was the first time I've had the same teammate in two games, or at least consecutive games.

In both games this guy was THE ANGRY SUPPORT THAT BLAMES EVERYBODY. Maybe he should play a different role.
No, play more Teemo. Trying to play Teemo as Ranged AD is fun.
"Trying." Sounds suspicious ಠ_ಠ

Coney

Smash Master
finished the game

was the weirdest ****ing ranked game i've ever played

surprised vampyro has fallen to 1764, feeling good i'm above him though!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Play out of the ordinary champs and it makes things way more fun.
Not saying unplayable things, but just lesser seen things like AP Tristana. That girl is insanely fun to snowball with, oneshot everything in sight once you get DFG and chain-hop around fights.

Oh and Ziggs just keeps being the most fun champ ever. Played with my friend going jungle J4, and going for the half court shots as he dunked top or bot was fantastic.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh and if any of yall want free elo, play the **** out of jax before he gets nerfed into the ground
I was looking at the featured spectate games on pvpnet, practically all of them had a Jax and/or Darius in them. Jax feels stronger tbh.

That feel when you're winning a game but then Ryze gets fed. Also it's awkward judging his damage output because you can't look at his AP to see, and I don't know how much mana is a lot for him..

john!

Smash Hero
did you see jax vs. darius top lane in the tournament game about an hour ago? jax stole blue from hotshot after he smited it and left it with like 50 health. proceeded to crap on voyboy's darius. was one of hotshot's worst jungle moments, and that's saying something.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I accidentally bought executioner's calling instead of avarice blade and didn't notice for like 10 minutes. Only noticed because I was wondering how I was applying a DoT to the minions :x

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You higher elo guys, what are your preferred bans in solo queue ranked? Is it like, morgana+shen 100% of the time? Are there other bans that you guys do that I don't see much of at my level (which is now low-mid 1200s and dropping :| )

Coney

Smash Master
it's weird to explain

i personally don't think morg or shaco is that bad/bannable, but i'll still do it because i don't trust my teammates to not snowball them...i don't know if other people have the same mentality or what

shen is almost 100% the first ban in 1700-1800, with these possible bans:

shaco
morg
tf
ahri
lee
nautilus and/or alistar (usually one or the other, the super cc jungle bros)

at like, 2200, people will ban lulu and soraka and ****, because those characters affect the game in more subtle ways that higher level players can perceive

Kira-

Smash Champion
i make sure shaco shen tf are banned every game (if you're blue side let them ban shaco/shen they will have to). those are never in any game that i play if i'm fp

then since its solo q

ahri morg, both good at roaming, both cant be ganked

riven is strong in lane and super carry late game and hard to gank
lee sin is strong in lane and hard to gank
janna saves *******
soraka is easy-mode pub stomp mid
vlad is SUPER op late game, like ******** op if it gets to late game and he's not 0/4

my preference would probably be riven > lee > ahri > soraka > vlad but depends on how i feel or who i think is on the other team

woulda banned lulu mundo bc they are strong and cant do anything about it but they both got nerfed so idk anymore (i only ban mundo if im purple side, otherwise i fp him)

kassadin, ryze, udyr, alistar are always viable bans

THINGS NOT TO BAN

warwick he blows
AD carries. Ad carries have the least chance to be impactful on the game unless it's very very high elo and none of them are op (remember its solo q not ranked 5s, kog not op in solo q)
nidalee
cassiopeia. everyone sucks at her dont worry unless regi or mr paradoxical is on the other team
shyvana. dunno why ppl still ban shyvana she's strong but not more gamebreaking than anyone i mentioned above

inb4 kiko/jpak comes in and ****s on my opinions

Jem.

Smash Master
I'm only 1400~ elo, but I like for Twisted Fate to get banned. Everyone over extends way too hard when TF is in the game and it's an easy snowball/win for the TF. Specifically, it always seem like bottom lane is the one guilty of over-extending with a TF in the game. And top lane sometimes. Global ults destroy low elo games. So while I dont want Noc to be banned usually, I dont mind him and TF getting banned for carrying with global ults.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i always ban heimerdinger because wtf he can repair his towers that's broken as **** you cant push against him cuz he heals his towers

Coney

Smash Master
i don't understand why you wouldn't ban or pick shen

shen didn't get banned and then the other team fp's udyr

so everyone on our team clamors GRAB SHEN GRAB SHEN GRAB SHEN

and our first two picks don't

and they get him

and we lose

and our guy is like "lol yorick = easy shen counter u guys are bad and just don't know how to play against him"

like it doesn't matter how good or bad shen is in coordinated play or anything, a competent shen will win the game 80% of the time in a solo q setting

**** everything

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Wow lots of responses, and it looks like there's a ton of crap to ban. I mostly asked because I banned like Morgana+Kennen (shen and shaco were already banned) and then I didn't really have any preferences and nobody said anything, so I banned Cass because I know if played well she can mess you up lategame, then a dude was like "should have banned Alistar" and their team ended up picking Alistar and I found myself agreeing with him by the end of the game.
THINGS NOT TO BAN

warwick he blows
AD carries. Ad carries have the least chance to be impactful on the game unless it's very very high elo and none of them are op (remember its solo q not ranked 5s, kog not op in solo q)
nidalee
cassiopeia. everyone sucks at her dont worry unless regi or mr paradoxical is on the other team
shyvana. dunno why ppl still ban shyvana she's strong but not more gamebreaking than anyone i mentioned above

inb4 kiko/jpak comes in and ****s on my opinions
I see people ban WW a lot and I don't really see why. My guess is because the people banning had bad exp against him. And I'll keep that in mind about Cass next time :p

@Zak: I hate being forced to ban Shen because I don't feel like he's as strong as some of the other bans, but I'm sure he's banned 99% of the time for a reason. I haven't bought him because he's always banned :/

Also I see Kassadin bans in like half my games, but I don't think I'm afraid of him like I was a month or two ago.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
did you see jax vs. darius top lane in the tournament game about an hour ago? jax stole blue from hotshot after he smited it and left it with like 50 health. proceeded to crap on voyboy's darius. was one of hotshot's worst jungle moments, and that's saying something.
That MU is kinda gay for Darius. Dodge attacks and you dodge his passive. You can also dodge his W, so Jax basically gets to go in for free whenever with not much counter harass. Jax also has a much easier time dealing with ganks or escaping if Darius is trying to go in. Darius damage also physical so building against him is pretty simple. Get Wriggles, he's lost the lane lol.

Mogwai, that's definitely a character I'd sent vs Darius. Early level fighting maybe not, but otherwise yes. He does well vs him.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Jax can dodge the W? I thought he only dodged autoattacks and next-hit stuff didn't count for those?
Also Darius can apply bleed with Q which is where a ton of his damage comes from anyway.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jax can dodge the W? I thought he only dodged autoattacks and next-hit stuff didn't count for those?
Also Darius can apply bleed with Q which is where a ton of his damage comes from anyway.
Idk what his W counts as, but yeah you can dodge it. His W works on Towers so that made me thing it wasn't an AA modifier but just a bonus. I know you can dodge it cause I fought a Jax and had to deal with that... was not good. First few levels are fine because Jax can't afford to go ape**** on you. Doesn't have the damage or mana pool to sustain it. But after a bit it becomes scary because he can dodge everything and go in/out safely.

He can apply bleed with Q, but part of what makes him ridiculous is that the passive stacks. Fighting Darius 1 v 1 while those stack up is an edge for him. Jax takes that away because you can't hit him with attacks to stack the passive, while also negating the regular attack damage. If all you can reliably land on him is Q, that can't be good lol. Jax will outdamage Darius in those scenarios and it's made worse because he doesn't have a gap closer or something to put the fight on his terms. If Jax goes in gets hits in and back up, there's no easy way for Darius to just "Oh I'm Irelia, come back Jax" or "Oh I'm Renekton/etc". The hook doing no damage means you have to rely on using it to catch back up and AA him, but AAing him is already hard to accomplish cause of Counter.

Turazrok

Smash Master
You higher elo guys, what are your preferred bans in solo queue ranked? Is it like, morgana+shen 100% of the time? Are there other bans that you guys do that I don't see much of at my level (which is now low-mid 1200s and dropping :| )
I try and leave shen open for myself. I often ban soraka esp when I drop to 1200 because honestly scrubs have no clue how to play support and when you ban soraka they're not left with much else. It can lead to infighting etc. It's whatever works for you. And I enjoy banning soraka :p

Top Bottom