• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Leacero

Smash Lord
Against a target that's immobile for a few seconds, not a problem.
It's harder for a Kennen to stun a Shen on command than you make it seem. Think about the distance he would have to close assuming he's behind a creep line to land Q/W/passive attack or E. To do this versus a 2.5 (?) second Shen channel isn't the easiest thing in the world unless you always have him primed with marks.

Lovage

Smash Hero
warwicks still aite just not banworthy..

AD upDATE: solo que ashe is actually A tier if you never miss arrows and know how to do da engagings

Kira-

Smash Champion
I'm only 1400~ elo, but I like for Twisted Fate to get banned. Everyone over extends way too hard when TF is in the game and it's an easy snowball/win for the TF. Specifically, it always seem like bottom lane is the one guilty of over-extending with a TF in the game. And top lane sometimes. Global ults destroy low elo games. So while I dont want Noc to be banned usually, I dont mind him and TF getting banned for carrying with global ults.
This is what I used to think too, that people are just ******* and TF isn't that good if you don't overextend.

But actually, if people weren't *******, they would still get zoned by TF. They either have to have perfect creep control all game or they lose a billion CS when the enemy freezes it and TF's ult is up. It's actually really powerful to have global pressure like that, it's like soraka/karthus/shen, where you gain towerdive pressure and anti-dive pressure too, you gain split push ability, you have to assume every fight has an extra person, it's just plain old OP.

You can say that a good mid won't let him ult, that they'll dominate him in lane and will follow when he goes to gank. But Tf farms easily from afar, and you can't accoutn for when he goes back to heal. When he comes back from fountain he can ltierally be anywhere in the game and your mid can't do anything about that. And sometmies, if the mid DOES follow, if they don't have wards in every bush, they can just take free damage from tf, or worse the jungler could be there and they die. It's not always possible to follow, the safest thing is to get to the lane he went to wtihout running into anyone else, but ofc tf will get there much faster

My guess is because the people banning had bad exp against him.

Also I see Kassadin bans in like half my games, but I don't think I'm afraid of him like I was a month or two ago.
ya i used to ban morde after seeing him dominate 3 games in a row but he's actually not ban worthy imo. kassadin fell out of flavor but still strong imo

my opinion on cassio, 90% of cassio's can't land Q for crap if you dodge, she's also super squishy. i've beaten so many cassio's with vlad/ryze even though she's supposed to win that matchup. when theres a good one she's op but it's too rare to ban compared to facerolling shen and stuff

warwick was barely played before he got buffs. Then he got buffed- they were very minor yet people claimed he was now OP. extra magic dmg on auto (which takes 3 hits to optimize) and better ult scaling (which nobody uses ult for pure damage anyway). people just remembered him thats all, he was really not that much stronger. then they nerfed his Q damage by so much, 20% to 16% is HUGE, now he is worse than before he got buffed. he never got bans before and was a rare pick, minor buffs served only to make people notice him

WW is a safe pick, not a dominating one, and can even be considered weak if he jungles

I said before I've beaten a Anivia, Mordekaiser, Twisted Fate, and Fizz. Fizz was the hardest one.
lol i meant like, what player. like skill level i guess

Frolossus

Smash Lord
a little late to the ban discussion but if i'm the one banning i usually ban according to the role i'm playing

if i'm mid ill ban usually cass/kass/morg/ahri/
if i go top then i ban lee/shen/kennen

Coney

Smash Master
serious question

at what point should people start "specializing" in a role? i've had a pretty steady climb to 1800 and i'm happy but i don't really have a solid position, i just pick whatever is available besides support because i'm bad at support. if i'm top or mid i typically do very well, if i'm ad bot i have a **** laning phase but good teamfight presence

but i assume that at some point i'm going to get to a point where i'm getting consistently outplayed by people that specialize in that role. am i wrong, or is it only at like, 2300-2500?

Kira-

Smash Champion
I'm down to do custom 5s sometime, sounds really fun

Also remember all my opinions are just my opinions.. someone definitely could shut them down at any time

Also- i think Annie is like.. really really good

Turazrok

Smash Master
You should make a team and enter tournaments.
I did this with my irl friends.

I can't carry them and they get mad when I get frustrated with their ineptitude :(

In other news I'm almost BACK in silver :p

Nautilus 2 stronk

Xaltis

Smash Hero
You should make a team and enter tournaments.
I did make a team with my friends for a tourney coming up actually. Our record is still 6-1 but then we stopped cause one of our friends somehow had plans 3 months in advanced on the same day as the tourney... so we just stopped.

play my annie
I wouldn't mind. That's a match up I'm really interested in.

oK 1v1 MY KENNEN MID FOR 1K RP
How about you just donate 1k RP to me? I'm so poor... T_T

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Man, TSM getting DDOS'd in the middle of every match I have watched them play this weekend. That's just so distasteful of the League community to troll to that level when money is on the line.

Okuser

Smash Ace
serious question

at what point should people start "specializing" in a role? i've had a pretty steady climb to 1800 and i'm happy but i don't really have a solid position, i just pick whatever is available besides support because i'm bad at support. if i'm top or mid i typically do very well, if i'm ad bot i have a **** laning phase but good teamfight presence

but i assume that at some point i'm going to get to a point where i'm getting consistently outplayed by people that specialize in that role. am i wrong, or is it only at like, 2300-2500?
I mean if you're 1800 you probably already prefer some roles right?

Knowing the ins and outs of a specific lane which happens by playing hundreds of ranked games on that specific role gives you a MONUMENTAL advantage on someone who picks that lane casually

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
How are the featured spectate games on pvpnet chosen? I just tried watching two of them but in both I saw incredibly stupid mistakes that made me feel embarrassed for the players so I stopped.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I can't tell if you're trolling or not Xaltis. How in the hell does a competent AP mid player lose to Sona mid?
Assuming equal player skill level, I still don't see any way Sona "can't be beat."
LB would **** on her, Kass, Brand, Morg, Ahri, Ryze, Cass, Zilean, Anivia, Gragas, Fizz, hell even Viktor(who is secret terror).
I don't know what she would do.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I can't tell if you're trolling or not Xaltis. How in the hell does a competent AP mid player lose to Sona mid?
Assuming equal player skill level, I still don't see any way Sona "can't be beat."
LB would **** on her, Kass, Brand, Morg, Ahri, Ryze, Cass, Zilean, Anivia, Gragas, Fizz, hell even Viktor(who is secret terror).
I don't know what she would do.
Nope Fizz and Anivia are bad against Sona. Ahri is probably bad too. I haven't fought the others yet. I know Kass would beat me like I said before.

You're mind just isn't ready to handle the fact on how good AP mid Sona is. Being able to do 1200 + dmg in one burst is too good.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
>counterpick swain with fizz
>have a fed tristana on my team as well
>get bodied by swain anyway

welp ok then

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
While also doing 600 damage to 3 of the other team and 800 to another person? And also stunning their entire team while healing every 2 seconds for about 200 hp?
Annie, Cass, Morg, Anivia, Kennen, Galio, Veigar, Viktor, Orianna

No, no one ever builds WotA

Xaltis

Smash Hero
It's funny. You guys think I am trolling but I'm not. I have replays if you want them. Or if I could somehow find a way to make them into youtube vids I'd do that. You're responses are understandable because every time I play mid Sona with my friends they're like "um...what?" and then I end up getting fed every time and they're still like "wtf how??"

Top Bottom