• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Coney

Smash Master
i mean it's the same general idea as soraka mid i'd think

q = general harass, not directed
w = BIG HEALZ

except you lose the MR reduction, the silence nuke, and a huge global heal

what you gain is an E that gives MS (though it would be level 1 for a long time i'd imagine), a power chord and an all-in ult

both of them get ganked so easy it's hilarious

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I just don't understand. Can you post replays or something? I cannot fathom how the hell Sona can be a successful mid vs competent players.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Soraka gets ganked easily. Sona does not unless you're literally all the way at their tower and have 0 wards. I've been ganked 3 times before. Once by a Leesin and 2 more times by a Leesin and Riven and all ganks on me failed.
Actually, Sona gets ganked easier than Soraka. Sona has a lower base movespeed. She lacks a 2.5 second silence. Her heal doesn't give herself over 100 armor. Sona's movespeed buff is pathetic, and her slow is rarely available.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Actually, Sona gets ganked easier than Soraka. Sona has a lower base movespeed. She lacks a 2.5 second silence. Her heal doesn't give herself over 100 armor. Sona's movespeed buff is pathetic, and her slow is rarely available.
Sona moves faster than Soraka...I don't need a silence when I can easily get away from their jungler while damaging them with my Q. My E gets me away just fine. I also don't stop to hit them with my power chord or I would die.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Sona's Movement Speed is 305, Soraka's is 310. Although, I will say, as soon as Celerity is Lv2 or up and is active, Sona is faster, but off base speed, Soraka is.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What is it with high elo smurfs duo queuing with buddies to raise their elo? This is the second time I've seen a guy duo queue with someone else and be like "here's a free win guys just let me carry i'm 1900 elo" or whatever. And both of them picked Ezreal >_>

Ironically, the guy who carried harder was also a much bigger prick.

nerf duo queue

Coney

Smash Master
I guess that's what it is. So isn't she technically faster than Soraka?
my instinct is that you're maxing Q then W

so, no, it doesn't matter, because you're only putting one point in E at 4 i presume, then ignoring it? in that case, it doesn't help you much

idk why everyone's talking about this so much, lmfao

Kira-

Smash Champion
Look, to Xaltis and everyone else talking about Sona, I'm not doubting Sona mid. It's not a new thing, it's been done and I've seen it work back when I was a noob. I'm doubting the fact that your opponents are any good. If you get high elo playing Sona mid you'll have more credibility as good player, otherwise you're going to have critics. I mean, when you get high elo you'll still have haters, cause you know what haters do, but just saying.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
If you don't think it works 1v1 me it really doesn't matter what your elo is. I know I can lose to Kassidan maybe Cass too. I wanna see what other match ups do what. I thought I would lose to Fizz but I beat the one I fought. Jpak invited me to a 1v1 game but left during champ select so idk... lol. I said she's unbeatable but I was just hype about it.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
i'll 1v1 you as heimer

also there hasn't been sufficient appreciation for the new title of this thread
it would have to be a 2v2 with heimer cause you obvious can just push. Maybe it should just be a 2v2 with all champs, cause I think junglers need to be counted in this.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
4-0?

You're going nuts after 4 wins as a character?

Do you know how many times I've won solo lanes with Shaco? Gangplank against every AP mid ever? Nasus solo bottom against ranged ad + support? Ezreal jungle?
More times than phantomx can even handle before he starts losing sanity.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I feel a little bad that people make me out to be some sort of boogeyman in this thread. I'm just a realist, I don't hate you guys and your crazy ideas!

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Until I go up against someone that just completely wrecks me in a real 5v5 game, I really don't see how AP mid Sona is bad or wouldn't work.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Reality check.
Just about every character can have a place in mid.
Team compositions,
counter picks,
general strategies.

If you run Shaco mid and have a strong counter jungler, what do you think's going to happen?
Ditto to twitch soloing.

Why aren't we seeing more of it?
1. Because it isn't as universally strong as other things (there are a lot of counters to them)
2. Sheep

Now you can argue sheep, but you're also trying to argue the first point like you have a vendetta against the man (who happens to be PX).
WHEN IN REALITY - pantheon, gp, talon, various blinkers, high burst aps, weakness to ganks, her general squishieness when she needs to somewhat be in the fray to be effective (close range stuns, qs at slightly better than auto attack range, etc) are going to put her second place to just close to universally amazing characters like Ahri.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
See, the difference here guys is Twitch mid is frikken overpowered, has no counters, and you're all sheep.
And PX is just too salty to admit Twitch is the best mid in the frikken game.

My 2009 Meta is better than your crappy 2012 meta.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
See, the difference here guys is Twitch mid is frikken overpowered, has no counters, and you're all sheep.
And PX is just too salty to admit Twitch is the best mid in the frikken game.

My 2009 Meta is better than your crappy 2012 meta.
Pretty sure I would wreck a Twitch mid with Sona.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Unfortunately dear Xaltis, Twitch mid has a good 400 burst at level 3.
What's that?
Sona's health at level 3 is like 300?
I can burst you to just about half your HP right when we get into the lane. Have fun never csing or dying first. Sona's hp isn't 300 at lv 1. LOL

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Xaltis, my dear.
You're making an assumption.

When does Twitch mid "lane"?

Only a few people would really be aware of what twitch mid meta was like all those years ago though.
It was primarily focussed on getting twitch past his mediocre level 1-5, and was quite effective at it too. Considering riot didn't really nerf his 1-5, it's sad to see it's not in use.
The weakening of jungle creeps really amps Twitch's effectiveness in map-wide early game presence as well.

The general gist of it was.
Game starts.
You can't invade.
We can invade.
Twtich with red buff will first blood any character not named riven in the game.
Twitch gets red buff.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Xaltis, my dear.
You're making an assumption.

When does Twitch mid "lane"?

Only a few people would really be aware of what twitch mid meta was like all those years ago though.
It was primarily focussed on getting twitch past his mediocre level 1-5, and was quite effective at it too. Considering riot didn't really nerf his 1-5, it's sad to see it's not in use.
The weakening of jungle creeps really amps Twitch's effectiveness in map-wide early game presence as well.

The general gist of it was.
Game starts.
You can't invade.
We can invade.
Twtich with red buff will first blood any character not named riven in the game.
Twitch gets red buff.

Weren't you talking about a 1v1 mid situation?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No. Never.

Until I go up against someone that just completely wrecks me in a real 5v5 game, I really don't see how AP mid Sona is bad or wouldn't work.
I'm actually on your side man, arguing against the sheep of the world.
I'm just telling you that Twitch mid is overpowered and is impossible to counter.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
No. Never.

I'm actually on your side man, arguing against the sheep of the world.
I'm just telling you that Twitch mid is overpowered and is impossible to counter.
You can't predict what would happen in a 5v5 game though... so what your saying is wrong because you can't actually prove it.

Top Bottom