• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's when the Golem or whatever monster goes past its boundaries, right? I'm saying it happens sometimes when I would swear it isn't past the boundary.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah sometimes Golem is just an *******. I think if you releash it too many times, it will just quit and go back to its original spot. I see it happen usually when someone else leashes/more than 1 person leashes instead of 1 person pulling it out and it resets.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Right before the Golem (or any mob) reaches the end of it's boundaries, the last person to hit it will keep aggro. If that person is out of it's boundaries then the golem will keep walking home. It won't turn to fight until a person who is within the bounds hits it.

john!

Smash Hero
i literally cannot believe how bad my solo queue teammates have been

i've lost almost 200 elo the past week or two.

i get first or second best k/d/a AND gold AND cs on my team 95% of the time

but it doesn't matter.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Right before the Golem (or any mob) reaches the end of it's boundaries, the last person to hit it will keep aggro. If that person is out of it's boundaries then the golem will keep walking home. It won't turn to fight until a person who is within the bounds hits it.
you mean that the person who leashed it, took the aggro and walked out of the boundary has to walk back into the boundary and hit it again?

bassem6

Smash Lord
i literally cannot believe how bad my solo queue teammates have been

i've lost almost 200 elo the past week or two.

i get first or second best k/d/a AND gold AND cs on my team 95% of the time

but it doesn't matter.
carry harder d00d

voorhese

Smash Master
Hey john, the same mentality I said I have for smash is the one that faithkeeper tries to get me to have in LoL. No matter what you could have possibly done something at some point to make the things that are costing you games happen. If that means calling your other lanes mias for them, or pinging to back for your partners, telling people in chat what they need to be doing etc. This is MUCH HARDER to do in this than it is in smash, but I feel like I can often times find something I could have done to do more than just win my lane, land the kills, not die, etc.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've come to the realization that while most of my teams may be bad, if I'm so certain that I'm the best (among them), I should be carrying everything ever. So, it's still my fault, lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd do that too, Shrouded, but sometimes there's just no excuse for the things that some players are capable of. :applejack:

john!

Smash Hero
Hey john, the same mentality I said I have for smash is the one that faithkeeper tries to get me to have in LoL. No matter what you could have possibly done something at some point to make the things that are costing you games happen. If that means calling your other lanes mias for them, or pinging to back for your partners, telling people in chat what they need to be doing etc. This is MUCH HARDER to do in this than it is in smash, but I feel like I can often times find something I could have done to do more than just win my lane, land the kills, not die, etc.
i wish i had your optimism dylan. i wish it was as easy as "find a way to improve yourself and you will raise elo"

want to see my last game? i took a picture to show you guys

http://i.imgur.com/cLryN.jpg

it's like this over 50% of the time. i'm now below 1500 elo for the first time in ages. i almost hit 1700 last week.

it's literally completely out of my control.

P.S. i ended this game with a score that the "pro players" here would criticize me for. and i don't give a single **** because they don't know what i have to put up with.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You already get a lot of health from Rod, I would have gotten more MR at that point. I'm guessing you were going for Rylai's at that point? When their Cass is that fed and has double Will backing her up, I think getting FoN or something would have been better.

john!

Smash Hero
when you move up it's not that much better..
yeah but if i get ***** in lane, at least i can look back and think about what i should have built or how i should have played differently.

it's not that i don't want to improve, it's that i barely have the opportunity to improve because the errors i make don't affect the outcome of the game nearly as much as the rest of my team does. i look back and i think "well, maybe i could have done this differently, but it wouldn't have changed anything"

and i actually liked playing up at 1650-ish elo because you had far few feeders and junglers who were level 8 at 22 minutes.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why not set up a pre-made for ranked then, john?
Or make a team or something that you can practice with.

I don't necessarily do that, and I play a ton of solo queue normals (since I don't have any type of incentive for ranked play), but I play with a group of people on a constant basis when I do get online, so when we play together, we have a decent group chemistry going on (and Skype helps a ton. Saves ping times and typing).

Also, I'd love to play with the group here more often (jpak, Dphat, Phantom, etc) but you guys have the worst timing for invites I have ever seen. I'm always set up with another group whenever I get the invites, and when I'm just solo normal-ing, I never see a single one.

I'm not the best player or whatever, but I'm sure some of the people who I've played with here can say SOMETHING good about me.

:applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Actually humored myself by joining a random dphat normals invite. Big difference in wins, could've went in saying I'm probably going to feed. Don't have to win my lane, but I just have to not lose it, then let the carry jungler, carry.

Feeling better with Sona now. Lost a lot of grip with her since her heal mp cost nerf, so R>Q>2W>E>W harrass feels solid.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I play too much Solo queue.
Out of the almost 900 games I've played, I doubt even 150 of them are with SA or anyone else.

That can almost explain why my losses are so close to my victories, maybe I should play with /v/ again since I've gone on a 10 win streak with them before.

D

Deleted member

i wish i had your optimism dylan. i wish it was as easy as "find a way to improve yourself and you will raise elo"

want to see my last game? i took a picture to show you guys

http://i.imgur.com/cLryN.jpg

it's like this over 50% of the time. i'm now below 1500 elo for the first time in ages. i almost hit 1700 last week.

it's literally completely out of my control.

P.S. i ended this game with a score that the "pro players" here would criticize me for. and i don't give a single **** because they don't know what i have to put up with.
not really, what you have just described is the story of top lane which all top lane mains experience, except it is true more often than u think even in higher elos

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
[COLLAPSE="..."]
[/COLLAPSE]

I'm trying to understand why this keeps happening to me. Either I get completely outplayed and we lose, or I do well, and we lose. I'm trying to communicate more with my team, so that we can be on the same page, but....wow.

Maybe I have john syndrome, at 2 normal ELO.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
[COLLAPSE="..."]
[/COLLAPSE]

I'm trying to understand why this keeps happening to me. Either I get completely outplayed and we lose, or I do well, and we lose. I'm trying to communicate more with my team, so that we can be on the same page, but....wow.

Maybe I have john syndrome, at 2 normal ELO.
You just aren't carrying hard enough. With that many losses over wins a lot of people here would go something like 35-1-24 lol. Whenever I play with my friends who have a similar w/l ratio to you it always seems to be a free win because of how easy it is to get extremely fed. Just be insanely aggressive, the other team won't have any idea what to do.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
yeah but if i get ***** in lane, at least i can look back and think about what i should have built or how i should have played differently.

it's not that i don't want to improve, it's that i barely have the opportunity to improve because the errors i make don't affect the outcome of the game nearly as much as the rest of my team does. i look back and i think "well, maybe i could have done this differently, but it wouldn't have changed anything"

and i actually liked playing up at 1650-ish elo because you had far few feeders and junglers who were level 8 at 22 minutes.
Carry harder like that Cass, bro.

You gotta' be so good it looks like your lane opponent is feeding you.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Ziggs was not nerfed that bad after his release.
His Hexplosion mines just do less damage upon impact.

Also, I play a decent Ziggs.
I usually always win my lane, and get spoon fed by my tanks.
Who are always Espy and Maaaaaaaaaan

Also, RammusxLeona is the best combo bot lane ever.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I've noticed a lot of Ziggs simply pushing their lane and harassing really hard in one wave using all their mana in 1-2 waves. Then b'ing. It's like they don't even try to conserve.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I laned against a Ziggs as Annie today. He was pretty bad. I lost the lane.
ehh don't feel bad. that matchups actually pretty lame for Annie. Its dificult to engage and disengage zZggs without taking a bit of damage.

not saying I ever lost to a ziggs but it definitely isn't a cake walk for me like other AP mids.

pretty much anybody that needs to combo some **** on me won't win an engage if I iniate it. (I.E. Cass, Kennen, Malzahar). I still got to figure out how to beat fizz pass level 4 though -_-

@thread as far as kayle is concerned. when you are playing DPS Kayle instead of support is it possible for her to go Mid and be effective also or should she just stick to top lane?

AND since her passive + Q offer increased damage, should I still be taking Arm pen reds or something else?

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
You hadn't posted on that page yet/recently when I made the post :p

Also, people know Yorick is good, but he relies on a teammate to get strong for his ulti, and he's the most boring character in the game to play hands down.
Skarner.

Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqrqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqr

/game

:phone:

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
The big Ziggs nerf was blue buff change, b/c he will run out of mana even with it now.
Oh right, I forgot about that.
But Ussi is right, that happened before the nerf too.
During lane I just conserve mana and only autoattack, unless I am under turret.
After Blue I harass slightly more, but not very much.

Top Bottom