• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hey john, the same mentality I said I have for smash is the one that faithkeeper tries to get me to have in LoL. No matter what you could have possibly done something at some point to make the things that are costing you games happen. If that means calling your other lanes mias for them, or pinging to back for your partners, telling people in chat what they need to be doing etc. This is MUCH HARDER to do in this than it is in smash, but I feel like I can often times find something I could have done to do more than just win my lane, land the kills, not die, etc.
That should help. Like that recent game where I was volibear bottom with Ashe, and Gangplank was solo top, and he went 0-8 or something absurd... I should have just switched lanes with him ASAP instead of hoping he would smarten up and stop feeding.

edit: have I mentioned that I love playing Karma mid?

Their Morgana was just food for me, try as she might. Talon may have fared better, but they never switched.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
It's late game and Im a ranged carry. How do I realistically deal with the opposing team having two bruisers both with Frozen Mallet (Noc/Wukong for example)?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Depends on your team honestly. Do you have bruisers who can dis-engage?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's late game and Im a ranged carry. How do I realistically deal with the opposing team having two bruisers both with Frozen Mallet (Noc/Wukong for example)?
what's your team look like, and what ad are you playing?

What's The Point

Smash Master
In general it's a team dependent thing. You shouldn't be getting into fights were you are positioned so the bruiser can use your gap closer on you. Never lead your team around with your character. If it comes down to it, run away as best you can. Do what you can to get a teammate to save you. If you know you are dead fight and damage the best target you can before you die. It's more important to live than it is to do damage in most cases.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Flash after noc ult hits you, hit him with a volley or something to get shield off and your support should be able to keep him off you. And If wukong makes it past your entire team and hits you multiple times without getting cc'd they done ****ed up.

Basically, your team should be backing up to assist you instead of charging in if they're initiating on you, unless they can kill them all or something. And if you're the only one doing damage, your team comp needs to be better if they can't keep them off you.

voorhese

Smash Master
Hey john, just had a support tell me the reason he was doing so bad in lane was because of lag. He didn't buy a ward lvl 1, and only bought his 1st ward after he had gotten boots regrowth pendant and farie charm. He constantly walked into the lane to AA minis and use spells on the minis while being poked down by enemy sivir. Once he had finally gotten his 1st ward (10 minutes in) he layed it in our 1st bush instead of in the river or tri......lag bro....this must be the kind of **** you are talking about. I asked him to stop hitting the minis and to buy wards and he just *****ed at me for it >_< 2 stronk.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I just can't see how during late game, where some bruisers have maxed items and can walk through my team, I can safely defend myself (or even position myself for that matter) against frozen mallet. Once they touch you, you're dead. You can no longer kite and they will get you, even after a GA respawn.

Coney

Smash Master
Okay since you're all so ****ING SMART

"CARRY HARDER" HIOW THE GAME NEVER EVEN STARTS HAFL THE ****ING TIMEIMEIAEFC

SOLO QUEUE IS DRIVING ME TO MADNESS

Coney

Smash Master
I wouldn't ****ING MIND if the game was like 8-10 at 20 mins or even like 10-15

BUT NO TOP CP'S OLAF WITH JARVAN AND BOT DIES 9 TIMES IN TWENTY MINUTES

HJAWOHOWHOWOW

THIS IS MY LIFE

bassem6

Smash Lord

Carry harder.

I just can't see how during late game, where some bruisers have maxed items and can walk through my team, I can safely defend myself (or even position myself for that matter) against frozen mallet. Once they touch you, you're dead. You can no longer kite and they will get you, even after a GA respawn.
Assuming you are not underfarmed, you kite for as long as you can, and if a bruiser jumps on you, you should have enough health/resist/armor to survive their initial skill burst, then your auto attacks will deal a ton more damage to them and you should be able to outdamage and outsustain them and win 1v1. You need lifesteal for this to work though.

If multiple people are able to jump/cc you then your positioning is not good enough.

Flayl

Smash Hero

HJAWOHOWHOWOW

THIS IS MY LIFE
You're supposed to encourage the bads to hug turrets or switch lanes, or jungle small fry. Of course they'll get outfarmed hard but at least the feeding will be less notable.

Carrying isn't just playing well, it's telling your team what to do

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

roam and help you lanes win by ganking/counter jungling. As long as your teammates have some sense of teamwork it can work.

Also, i thought Olaf destroyed Udyr with his true damage.. maybe I'm mistaken

Coney

Smash Master
You're supposed to encourage the bads to hug turrets or switch lanes, or jungle small fry. Of course they'll get outfarmed hard but at least the feeding will be less notable.

Carrying isn't just playing well, it's telling your team what to do
At the very beginning of that game, I saw their Morde coming from top jungle. I said "care, shyvana starting red"

Seconds later, FIRST BLOOD

This happens more than you'd believe.

I used to try to play that commander role, but it stopped working around 1550. Now everyone's got these massive ****ing egos because they think they've "made it" or something.

roam and help you lanes win by ganking/counter jungling. As long as your teammates have some sense of teamwork it can work.
Okay but like, I gank and help other lanes, and then they get cocky and overextend and the jungler kills them anyway. I know there's no one simple answer, I'm just ****ing pissed all my games are this similar.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
TBH I think Olaf is overrated. He does amazing in lane but transitions pretty terribly into late game. He only really contributes if he has ghost and ult up :\

Wave⁂

Smash Legend

Ryze carries the game only if he reaches late game. If you cannot reach late game, you will not carry. But because you are only powerful during late game, you cannot influence your team's early game as well compared to if you were playing, say, Ahri or Sion, who can roam after clearing some creep waves.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ryze is pretty good at roaming.. his snare sets up ganks so good, and once he has a tear he does pretty ok damage that teamed up is should be an easy kill. Ryze also builds movement speed quints and both movement speed masteries and he can get places so fast

Kira-

Smash Champion

HJAWOHOWHOWOW

THIS IS MY LIFE
do you look like your avatar?

At the very beginning of that game, I saw their Morde coming from top jungle. I said "care, shyvana starting red"

Seconds later, FIRST BLOOD

This happens more than you'd believe.
it gets worse the higher you go at least that's what i've experienced

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
WW is stupid. I just went 0/5 top as him feeding uncontrollably but didn't give a ****. Ended up carrying hard body basically being the sole reason any important team fights were won after I got barely any items.

Top Bottom