• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
All kinds probably. They're all pretty safe picks top.

Vlad has problems vs. everyone if you're a derp, but is good if you're not. Spec defensively, use armor/mres quints as necessary and just live till level 9 + WotA and then start ruining the whole cast.

Yorick can lose to really bursty guys early or high sustainers, but he's ungodly easy to play and will beat most players by just ghoul spamming with a manamune.

Shen loses to the stronger sustain characters like Udyr and WW, but is pretty safe and strong against everything else.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
So I need to keep up with the jungle meta-game so I'm going to try some more junglers. Junglers I have used extensively:

1.) Amumu
2.) Alistar
3.) Lee Sin
4.) Udyr
5.) Skarner
6.) Shyvana
7.) Trundle
8.) Rammus
9.) Shaco
10.) Maokai
11.) Nocturne
12.) Warwick

I've been told I should also pick up these junglers:
1.) Pantheon
2.) Jarvan
3.) Mundo

Anyone else?

Regards,

King of the Jungle

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I misread the post earlier and gave you some of Vlad's counterpicks instead of his good matchups, rofl.

Vlad can do well vs tons of mid champs. As long as you know what trades you don't win... and that you should pretty much never Q a minion before lvl 5 unless you're out of HP pots.
One champ I've never NOT dominated as Vlad so far is Viktor. Q for Q, you win each trade by a landslide.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Fizz makes vlad cry tears like he was a n american high school student watching kony 2012 for the first time

:phone:

jpak

Smash Lord
I play Just Your Average Joes(JYAJ) [spellsy, zig, captain korea, onebadbrad, and zion spartan] at 9 pm EST/8 pm CST/6 pm PST for NESL Premier League. I think it will be casted if not I will stream it if anyone wants to watch.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That image doesn't exist.

AP Karma is still hella fun to play for some reason.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I have never carried my team harder than I just did with Jungle WW.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Everything is entirely my fault, especially when I'm unable to gank all three lanes at the same time while wards are too expensive.

[collapse=What's a Ward?]
[/collapse]

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

stupidest game I've seen in a while. Our GP fed Fizz SO HARD, and even though Ashe and I were absolutely ****** Malphite and Taric bottom lane, we kept losing teamfights and getting our towers pushed. Managed to ace them once but I had like 10 hp left so I had to go heal. Then I tried to surrender when they were close to killing our nexus but my team was like nah, and then we ended up acing them again and they surrendered even though they had all their base towers left. Fizz said "free win for you" or something. >_>
We might have been able to kill a bunch of towers but I doubt we could have destroyed the nexus before they respawned..

Anyway, it felt amazing to play non-jungle Volibear for once. My ganks with junglebear are inconsistent, and combined with his kinda slow jungling time it's awkward to play him jungling. I love laning with him though, and flinging people to their deaths.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
When is it acceptable to build Sunfire? I hear it's good on Shen and Malphite.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Every single Ziggs I've seen so far (since his release) has been terrible. Is no one good with him?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
When is it acceptable to build Sunfire? I hear it's good on Shen and Malphite.
I personally don't like ever building Sunfire. It's just so gold inefficient and doesn't give you a counteracting effect to the attacker. Randuin and Frozen Heart will always be better in my eyes.

Every single Ziggs I've seen so far (since his release) has been terrible. Is no one good with him?
I'd like to think I'm pretty decent with him. I haven't seen Zac do poorly with him. It's odd that all of them you see are bad. I don't find him that hard to play. Toughest thing about him is knowing how to use his passive to win your lane.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, sunfire kinda sucks. It would be nice if you could upgrade certain items in this game like you could in DotA, by buying the recipe again. I think the aoe damage for sunfire cape is way too low anywhere past midgame, and there are much better things to get in midgame. But maybe that's just me.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah, sunfire kinda sucks. It would be nice if you could upgrade certain items in this game like you could in DotA, by buying the recipe again. I think the aoe damage for sunfire cape is way too low anywhere past midgame, and there are much better things to get in midgame. But maybe that's just me.
Sunfire's been nerfed repeatedly, that's why it looks sucky now. Before though, they were fun lool.

Old Garen.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
edit: @guy asking about Ziggs- From trying free week Ziggs.. he's really fun. he's got 1 skill shot move and 2 zoning moves and an ult that is easier to avoid the farther you are and does more damage in the center (meaning its meant for zoning instead of sniping if you aren't using it close range)

Ziggs is pretty different than your standard nuke them down AP

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You know that jungle glitch where the monster runs back to its starting position while healing really fast? How do you prevent that? I realize they can't go too far, but sometimes they seem to reset even without going too far. It happens to me the most with Volibear because of the Fear aspect of his roar... but srsly where can I find info on exactly how it works? It's so annoying to get massively set back jungling when it looks like the golem's not even close to as far away as it can go.

And why do people keep saying Volibear is OP when I play with them -_-

Top Bottom