• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Okuser

Smash Ace
Sooooooo. Does anyone here know anything about twisted treeline? I was playing some ranked 3s last night for a while with some friends, we went 10-0 but only because we were always just individually better. We would almost always get dominated in the first 10 minutes cuz we didn't know how to use a jungler on that map or other strategies that people were using.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So, for MF, I'm stuck between flat AD quints, flat armor pen quints, or flat HP quints. Is there a clear best option, or is it just personal preference?

Coney

Smash Master
1600 is ****ing disgusting, the egos run rampant and people would rather turn the game into a glorified chat room than play the ****ing game. Holy **** this is insane.

*mid dies*
"GG, bot's cs sucks"

Coney

Smash Master
Omni and I were talking about this today...not very well-versed in MOBAs so if this has been done forgive me, but how do you think people would react to an MVP-style system? After the match, the opposing team has the option of choosing the other team's MVP and that player is awarded more/loses less elo.

Just an idea. I'm sure it'd be overrun by trolls voting 0/6 Vayne players MVP but in theory, something like this might be kinda cool. Bad idea?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Guys I was in Chicago on April first until now, did I miss any good April Fool's jokes? :(

bassem6

Smash Lord
who is the best ranged carry to take solo top (graves, corki, vayne, teemo, etc.) and what are their worst matchups?

i enjoy playing ranged carries but i hate having to duo lane
I have never done it but corki and ez are pretty stronk I think. Basically, you want them to have a built in escape. Bad matchups would probably be champs with high burst or gap closers.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
who is the best ranged carry to take solo top (graves, corki, vayne, teemo, etc.) and what are their worst matchups?

i enjoy playing ranged carries but i hate having to duo lane
personally, I think Graves is a goddamn monster top and that he beats on almost everyone. Pantheon's a nightmare for any ranged carry trying to solo and Xin/Wukong/Renek are pretty rough too. Generally speaking, Graves is a safe pick top who does well vs. most of the cast, but Teemo is very specialized at destroying the super high sustain picks. that's my opinon though as I don't have a ton of experience at it, though I've been experimenting from time to time.

also Vayne is a monster vs. Cho and Udyr from what I've seen, but kinda has it rough in most other matchups.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How is Nid vs Panth? I've played panths and destroyed them, and I've gotten destroyed by panths not sure what to think about it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Vayne is probably Riven's second hardest matchup behind Tiger Udyr. If played right the Riven should never be able to hit Vayne. She's just strong against champs that have to run up to her.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
How is Nid vs Panth? I've played panths and destroyed them, and I've gotten destroyed by panths not sure what to think about it.
I play this matchup all the time and I completely body Nidalees short of getting camped. Pantheon just ruins her for the first 6 levels in terms of mana efficiency of his harass vs. mana efficiency of her sustain. It can snowball against Pantheon if she gets ahead somehow, but it usually takes a lot of help early to get her there.

Vayne is probably Riven's second hardest matchup behind Tiger Udyr. If played right the Riven should never be able to hit Vayne. She's just strong against champs that have to run up to her.
Yea, she counters the same sort of people teemo does, but I ran into mana issues trying to condemn guys with sustain/shields every time they ran at me. Very limited testing though. The nice thing about Teemo in these matchups is that he spends so little mana ****ing with them and once he hits 6, he's impossible to gank with mushrooms, whereas Vayne's mana issues with condemn felt pretty rough to me and I felt a lot more exposed to ganks since she's pretty sucky at running FROM people.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Yeah Dphat and company were narc *** *****es but my manna was strong enough put team on my back

:phone:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Honestly, I've started to hate seeing questions about 1 vs 1 matchups because there's so many other factors that contribute towards laning and post-laning than whose kit beats whos in a straight up 1v1. What kind of answer would even be very relevant to your goals and reasons for asking this question?

Are you trying to decide if you should pick Nidalee or Pantheon vs the other? Because the answer is very likely going to be "no" to both when you're stuck in tournament draft mode 5vs5s trying to decide what to choose to counter the other.

I mean...
Nid wins...

-in a 1v1 match
-if she does a rune page made for vs pantheon
-and mastery page built for out-sustaining pantheon harass
-and an item build built to counter him
-designed to make it to late game, which she theoretically would have higher damage -output against because of mixed magic and attack damage
-... if she plays it in a way that would normally give pantheon complete roam potential in a 5vs5

But realistically, you could probably run a 40 armor rune-page in SOLOQ against some random, uncoordinated team and win the lane simply because he won't have the mana pool to force you out of lane, ever, so he'll just kinda lose to your rune page.

Which only ever works because so few people bother switching up champs for mid and top lane for some goddamn unknown reason I can't wrap my head around. (why isn't that **** ever punished with a strong level 2 jungler?)

edit: also, anyone around 1800+ wanna duoQ with a guy learning jungle? Just want someone to run ideas by, critique each other, etc. Not too focused on elo- more at getting better at jungling atm.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Just cause you make a mistake and call it manly instead of admitting you're wrong and made a mistake, doesn't justify your decision and doesn't make people *****es. Regardless fun game turz you played well.

I hate having to explain I'm not serious :/ takes all the fun out of it. In my defense I was playing on a crappy comp for the first time in months. What's a ziggs?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
*bar the ranged ads who are actually ad casters (i.e., graves)

Personally I don't think that most of the ranged ads are capable of shutting down nasus early enough for it to not become a whitewash from level 5.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I wouldn't play a ranged AD against nasus top.
I would.

*bar the ranged ads who are actually ad casters (i.e., graves)

Personally I don't think that most of the ranged ads are capable of shutting down nasus early enough for it to not become a whitewash from level 5.
1. I think most of them can.
2. I will take a 2nd farmed ranged AD over Nasus late game every day of the week. I guess I'm just one of those people who's only ever been horribly unimpressed with Nasus's late game because at the end of the day, he's still a melee with no gap closer.

Top Bottom