• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Only in certain scenarios, Zero.
As long as the tackle has connected before the Flash happens, it'll pull them back, obviously.

Works on most teleports or jumps too. It's sooo satisfying. :applejack:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
poppys tackle is jank sometimes it stuns in thin air
It literally looks like she slams past the person and they get slammed on her back. It's ********, that ****in DBZ hit you left then teleport and slam you again.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Only in certain scenarios, Zero.
As long as the tackle has connected before the Flash happens, it'll pull them back, obviously.

Works on most teleports or jumps too. It's sooo satisfying. :applejack:

Not satisfying when it happens three times in a row on twisted treeline and being called a noob lux because of it.

Also, idk if you were able to tell which skyper I was, but, who cares. Welcome to the Dirty Dongs. "AMY ROOOOOOOOOOOSE"

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
(In response to I think Omni earlier about FM Trinity and ****, pretty sure it's about trundle too)

???

Don't go TF and Mallet, or Mallet and Warmog in the same build. FM Warmog is redundant health wise, and TF Mallet is overkill. FM Warmogs also means... you literally do nothing. Other bruisers that built Wriggles/some other **** can probably beat you at that point 1 v 1 because you have no damage. Obviously you wanna go for the Carry, but when that's not feasible and you have that front line Jarvan Cho WW etc to deal with, that Trundle does nothing at all to them.

Pick 1 of the two, I'm more fond of TF because Trundle is fast and the extra damage means you won't have to stick on them forever to begin with for them to fold. (and because it won't make bigger health items feel silly as if you went Mallet). If you're top and farming/killing, you can do Atmogs if you wish. He can also do cheaper tanky **** like wriggle aegis etc. Just whatever you do, don't go super HP mode or TF Mallet mode on him.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
[COLLAPSE="23/0/9"]
[/COLLAPSE]

The best game I will ever have.

And it got me thinking: Is there any validity at all to getting some AP item on MF (Lichbane, TF, etc) for her passive W, ult, or E? Or am I being silly?

sheikamaru

jive
READ BEFORE YOU IGNORE PLZ

can someone repost that gif of nasus chasing teemo through shrooms and cursing, i forgot to save it lol

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
On item build:
Tear is necessary since you basically spend mana to get voidlings. Manamune and Brutalizer are your friends. Manamune is so good it's crazy. I wouldn't play him if the opposing team has good invade or your have a blue dependent carry (anivia, cass, or w/e).

I typically get CDR boots at some point, though I'm not sure what the correct balance of CDR is needed between boots + blue + brutalizer + masteries + runes. You also want GA as soon as possible, since while you are reviving your voidlings can still tear through the opponents. Other items you want to build would be anything that gives AD or Arm Pen (like BT and LW). You don't want attack speed cause half the time you are running around not attacking as your voidlings beat face, or you are ulting.

On jungling:
Start Q, max out passive at fountain, and get decent leash on blue. After leash and before golem starts attacking you, time your attacks such that the voidling hits the golem last. The voidling will aggro the golem if it was the last thing to hit it. This is key to jungling. Grab E next so you can control your voidling (W on lv 3). Queue up your next passive before each camp. Try and learn the spacing of when the mobs de-aggro you but re-aggro on your voidling, its tricky... real tricky.

You can gank earlier than you think, cause voidlings have an insane 451 movespeed. Just position yourself well and let the voidlings do the work. Care for incoming minion waves.

On fighting:
In general, try and do team fights in the jungle where minions won't interfere with your voidling aggro. You can dash in and out of fog-of-war while your voidlings fight, making it hard for the opponents to hit you. Mid/late game you can 1v1 anyone, especially if your ult is up and/or you have two voidlings available.

That's what I remember, it's been a while since my friends have let me play him =O

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Right. Last Whisper. I never remember that item, but I remember Void Staff always, for some reason. Thanks. =P

The amount of damage that Voidlings do is scary.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I dont know. Specializing isn't a bad thing. I always wonder if it would be better if I just played 1 (maybe 2) roles instead of all across the board. I think I play each of the roles just fine, and I enjoy all of them equally (some more than others on certain days).

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I dunno, I just always feel like I have a handle on other characters and like I'm playing them well and then I'm like, "HEY! Why am I 1830 now?" Then I play J4 and Pantheon every game and climb back to 2K in no time. I guess it's like no matter how hard I want to be a Pikachu player in Melee my Falco will always be better because of the amount of time I spent playing that stupid character.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, it doesn't really matter if you don't plan on going competitive. Just play what you love and are best at.

Johnny number 1 example of this.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Have any of you guys bought referral packs on eBay? Sounds really fishy to me, but Collector's Pack + about 11k RP for $60 or $70 is really tempting.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Ugh game laggin so bad lately, I couldn't even place sight wards, anyone ever have that happen to them? It just kept saying Invalid Location over and over...

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I've been trying to unlock my inner Daigo (being seemingly unphased) while playing LoL.

Do any of you ever play games where you just put both teams on ignore?

Coney

Smash Master
How much of solo queue is luck?

I ask because I hit 1600 recently and while I find that pretty acceptable for my current level of play, pretty much every solo queue game is so outrageously one-sided that its clear the teams have been mismatched. Like, 80% of the games in my elo are complete 19-2 stomps by the 20 minute surrender, just doesn't feel like there's any possibility for individual rise or fall, just becomes a game of who gets more/bigger idiots.

Coney

Smash Master
at gold level and above, people know how to press their early game advantage. that's how most of them got to that level in the first place.
Sure, but what about the other side of that? Shouldn't gold level players also be used to playing while behind?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
just doesn't feel like there's any possibility for individual rise or fall, just becomes a game of who gets more/bigger idiots.
No, you just don't see where you're capable of carrying games by yourself.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
In solo queue in particular it's very possible to make big comebacks b/c of inferior warding and picking people off (main way to carry a losing game). People will press their advantages better in higher level games, but still not nearly well enough to cement it every time (which is why people don't usually surrender in solo queue)... it's not like arranged.

D

Deleted member

i like taric too tbh hes like a mini alistar with better burst dmg

i'd say 1600-1800 bracket is toughest many egos/ psuedo-good people there, but if you truly belong post 1800s you will climb if you **** ur lane

Coney

Smash Master
I think I'm in that pseudo-good category, just finding it difficult to go any higher. For every win, I lose, and it always feels like its out of my control. Just need to learn how to...control it.

I used to demand and lock in mid and carry games hard back when I was climbing from start to 1600, I stopped because I started running into matchups I'd go even in or start losing, so I got the impression that I was at an elo where I could trust others to carry. Maybe I have to go back to that.

john!

Smash Hero
Sure, but what about the other side of that? Shouldn't gold level players also be used to playing while behind?
well, since they rose up from the 1200 bracket, they're probably used to dominating their lane... then they get behind in their lane and don't know how to deal with it, digging themselves in a deeper hole.

at least that's my theory. i rarely dominate my lane lol. i just dominate teamfights (provided the game isn't over already)

MacD

Banned via Administration
vlad OP

keep destroying my lane then carrying assuming my team didn't fail every other role

he's so fun. and at max CDR you can Q>E>W>Q>E>zhonyas>QE>W>Q>E

like wtf

Top Bottom