• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I ended up watching the rest. First game was just downright painful tho

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
In all seriousness, think he's gonna be a jungler based off his W and Q. With movement speed and his E giving him more movement speed and knockback, sounds like a good ganker. Guys getting away? Ult into them and it fears them at the end of his ult.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I love Miss Fortune.
Isn't her ult incredibly fun? She might be my favorite ranged AD, though I don't play that position very often. I would probably main her or Caitlyn if I did, but there are others I haven't tried.

You people should totally add me (account name's same as on SWF) sometime >:O

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Her ult is one of the amazingly amazingly fun things about her (But her ult is so subject to getting stunned..). She has the BEST laugh in the game, hands down (Singed is the only competition), her taunt is so good, her Q rocks for harassing...she's definitely my favorite AD carry now (and the only one I do even ok with, cause I suck at this role). Her W and E are really good, too.

I dunno. I just love her. I'll add you, my SN is SillyOne.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
If your team is focusing tanks, is it more important (as tanky dps) to go after their carrys or peel for your tank focusing carries?

Also after laning phase I do fine in arranged but poorly with randoms. I think this is obviously due to communication, but do you guys have any tips for dealing with lower teamfight communication?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just realized that Leviathan loses 1/3 of its stacks when you die, instead of all of them. I guess it's not as terrible as I thought, but it's still terrible.
Still, 15% damage reduction at max stacks is hella nice. I might consider getting it next time I play Karma mid, since I barely ever die with her.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
If your team is focusing tanks, is it more important (as tanky dps) to go after their carrys or peel for your tank focusing carries?

Also after laning phase I do fine in arranged but poorly with randoms. I think this is obviously due to communication, but do you guys have any tips for dealing with lower teamfight communication?
That mainly depends where the enemy carry is positioned and how long it would take you to actually make them get out of the fight. If your carry is properly farmed and well positioned then I would set my attention on trying to keep him safe and use your cc to either pull in higher target foes or at least try to keep the enemy tankt dps from reaching him.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I just realized that Leviathan loses 1/3 of its stacks when you die, instead of all of them. I guess it's not as terrible as I thought, but it's still terrible.
Still, 15% damage reduction at max stacks is hella nice. I might consider getting it next time I play Karma mid, since I barely ever die with her.
Same for Mejai's and Sword of the Occult. 1/3 stacks.
I think Bloodthirster is 1/2 of the stacks now.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Pick Miss Fortune
Solo lane (DC'd Karma was supposed to support me) against Heimer AND Riven bot
Top feeds their Lee Sin
Jungler gets counter jungled hard and ragequits
Mid is bad
Still go 20/5
Barely lose

I seriously tried to carry as hard as I could... Not even the 2 or 3 triple kills, the 300+ CS, or anything worked, but we still lost. smh

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
19/8/10 as Karthus. Team feeeeeeeeeeds Talon + Zilean + Warwick, me and Ashe are the only damage output. Everyone else on our team DC's intermittently, making it impossible to try to win. I end with 326 CS.

I dunno if I can do this anymore.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So yea, I just picked up lee sin the blind monk.

This seems like an accurate representation of how powerful he is.

Granted, had a few false start games where i just sucked, but when I started getting into the groove it was "GANK EVERYTHING, EVERY LANE WINS!"

Seriously, feels broken as f***, I knew I was right to ban him whenever I play draft, though now I don't have to if my team is picking first. :smirk:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Ugh, I played a game where someone forgot the ban Morgana. I was last pick and my team left mid to me. I said, screw it, I'ma have fun with it.
Went LB, killed her 3 times... and lost because it's Morgana.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Wooohooo!

Haven't played this game in ages.

Won 5 games in a row last night with my 4 friends.

Gangplank top, Morgana mid, Voli/Brand bot and Amumu jungling.

Our CC and damage was insane in team fights.

Black shield amumu>amumu bandage and ult>Gangplank goes in after ulting the area>Morgana goes in with binding,tormented soil and her ult>Brand and Voli go in with combo and clean up everything.

I wish we recorded last night because we actually had the ability to since we were streaming. :(

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Pick Miss Fortune
Solo lane (DC'd Karma was supposed to support me) against Heimer AND Riven bot
Top feeds their Lee Sin
Jungler gets counter jungled hard and ragequits
Mid is bad
Still go 20/5
Barely lose

I seriously tried to carry as hard as I could... Not even the 2 or 3 triple kills, the 300+ CS, or anything worked, but we still lost. smh
Madness, I have only seen one person beside me ever play Karma, and they were so underwhelming (was on opponent team) that I didn't pay attention to her, even though I didn't know her moveset back then.

edit:
that was funny

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ugh, I played a game where someone forgot the ban Morgana. I was last pick and my team left mid to me. I said, screw it, I'ma have fun with it.
Went LB, killed her 3 times... and lost because it's Morgana.
Well you realize she's an AP carry and you're an anti-carry right? Of course she's gonna do more in teamfights, cause you fall off relative to more traditional AP carries.

On the other hand if you were playing another AP carry like brand or kennen or cassio and did the same thing, you would've hard carried. Course that's a lot harder, morg is in general a very safe character and LB is very good at taking advantage of small mistakes.

At the same time, other carries can do more during the laning phase.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Ryze carries the game only if he reaches late game. If you cannot reach late game, you will not carry. But because you are only powerful during late game, you cannot influence your team's early game as well compared to if you were playing, say, Ahri or Sion, who can roam after clearing some creep waves.
Ryze is pretty good at roaming.. his snare sets up ganks so good, and once he has a tear he does pretty ok damage that teamed up is should be an easy kill. Ryze also builds movement speed quints and both movement speed masteries and he can get places so fast
yeah I was gonna say this^ to answers Wave's comment

after I get Tear I'm pretty much set to make plays in other lanes

I start boots and I have move quints and movespeed mastery so I'm running at like 383 right off the bat. I usually have enough for tear as I'm reaching level 6-7 and then I just make moves. and go back and push my lane down hard to go make more moves.

Vyke

Smash Champion
In all seriousness, think he's gonna be a jungler based off his W and Q. With movement speed and his E giving him more movement speed and knockback, sounds like a good ganker. Guys getting away? Ult into them and it fears them at the end of his ult.
His ult is using a new mechanic called Flee instead of Fear. It's basically a fear that makes them run away from you instead of a random direction, so it will be position based.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I wonder if I should take Karma's AoE (Q) or Shield (E) for level 1 teamfights. I usually take E because it saves a single target better while also doing damage, but Q is more spammable and can be used to heal my whole team... hmm.

/not that anybody but me plays karma and can give advice

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think I've played her more than any other char, even volibear o_o
Definitely going to be my top pick for AP mid or support. Only problem is she's kinda gold dependent and can't get that gold as support...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Speaking of bad teams, I just got one -_- had a good luck streak so I've forgotten how painful it could be. Yi was solo top against tryndamere and I think Fiora, and got first blooded before minions spawned. Then he proceeded to continue dying, and lategame kept going by himself and fighting instead of running. He went like 7/23/6, and our Riven and Graves had almost as bad scores. Our Udyr was pretty beast, and my Karma did well considering how my teammates fed and I was matched up against Kassadin, who I figure is one of my worst matchups.

But yeah, it was painful. I forgot to look at levels postgame, but I have noticed by looking at other games that there are some low people in them, like level 6. I would hope that's just because they queue up with a higher level friend or something :/
Don't bother picking her if you can't solo lane then.
I haven't played her as support very much lately, but all the guides say that if you're supporting with Karma, you don't need gold/5 items, which is just weird to me.

Top Bottom