• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7gEWgz0fcY

Kayle change (likely buff)
Teemo bug fixes (buffed)
AP mid-focused rune changes (some MR runes nerfed, some AP / MPen runes buffed)
Increased experience from killing champions higher level than you

Not sure about the experience change. They say there won't be a rubber band effect, but I'm not so sure that'll actually happen.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
AP mid-focused rune changes (some MR runes nerfed, some AP / MPen runes buffed)
I will confess I don't understand. They go around nerfing all the APs that see play, then decide AP is underpowered?

Also, announcers for IPL are saying olaf counters vlad, but what do they know?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Why Annie? Someone else said these, but I'm very skeptical.
Because they can burst her down before she makes use of her mobility. Even so, arhi just wants to try and farm at a distance in those lanes and gank other lanes a lot to get fed.

But think about it. How does arhi kill Annie? If she gets in range shes going to get stunned and then have a bear dropped on her face.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
My mistake on the earlier Karma post, the thread I found was hinting at some sort of knock up but Guinsoo's actual twitter said she is getting a silence. She is currently in testing realm according to a riot post from the European forums.

I'm surprised that I found out today that Katrina is planned for a rework after Twitch and Eve.
What's it mean to be in testing realm? Almost finished, changes probably coming in an upcoming patch? :O

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1988091

"Improved Floating Combat Text", "Mastery Pages Stored Server-Side", "UI Updates"
Sounds good.

I'm glad about these kinds of updates. I've played Heroes of Newerth for a bit and I never took good UI's for granted ever again.
Izzit bad?
omg riot stealing dota 2 UI hehehee
Wait really? I played Dota2 a couple times and thought it was hideous in every way compared to LoL.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Triple support winning games, supports too stronk

God damn i'm picking up AP soraka

Also loving the kpop on the stream LOL

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Because they can burst her down before she makes use of her mobility. Even so, arhi just wants to try and farm at a distance in those lanes and gank other lanes a lot to get fed.

But think about it. How does arhi kill Annie? If she gets in range shes going to get stunned and then have a bear dropped on her face.
Can't she just poke at Annie with her orb and charm? Annie's own skills can't compete with that range, can she? I mean, Ahri doesn't exactly need to be in range to get some damage in.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Then perhaps I'm just underestimating how her stun affects her laning, and her burst. I guess if you've got minions in between you and her, you can just stun with W without fear of getting charmed, then kill her. Maybe I'll get to try it out to see for myself, but it makes sense, I suppose.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
>claim karma mid
>guy chooses kassadin and says no
>choose support masteries and clairvoyance
>before countdown's over he picks lux
>game starts and he says i should mid since i said i'm good at it
-_-
>end up outfarming vlad mid anyway and we win with me going 5/5/28

was kinda fun. At least I got extra gold/5 o_o would have liked Ignite over CV to help me kill lane opponent though >=(

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
What's it mean to be in testing realm? Almost finished, changes probably coming in an upcoming patch? :O
Test Realm is basically trying out the changes and seeing how they do, do they work for the character and such. Possibly in a month or two, really depends how well she does in it. I remember there were a few concepts such as reworking veigar Q ability that made it their but was later scrapped. I think they want to be safe with Karma so they are just taking their time, I can't give any estimate since anything could go during the testing stage. Keep your eye on the beta testing forums.

Champion after new champion spotlight:
They seem to find this stuffer earlier every time.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I just had a guy say that he was best with jungle Yi and Tryndamere. Then he said he was going Amumu. He died to blue buff, then tried to ult a Fiora that was ulting and said it was "bugged" when it didn't work.

Seriously, I'm done with ranked.
She's not invincable during the ult, just untargetable.

Yes it's stupid and inconsistent, but it is possible to hit her with skillshots and aoe damage while she's ulting.

Some things don't however, for example apparently nunu's slow is tied to the ground and being "off the ground" doesn't apply it. I believe this generally refers to being in the middle of blinks that don't have invincibility but also applies to fiora's ult. When the channel ends, it only does damage to people who the slow is currently being applied to.

Apparently this is also the case with amumu's ult.

And yes this is COMPLETELY different then every other use of unforgettable which makes the character invincible to damage that hasn't been applied (delayed damage counts as applied). Not only is it unreasonable for an already OP character, but it's confusing for rather obvious reasons.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Evidently I'm better at support Voli than support Karma. Who knew?
Voli/Ashe bottom lane seems to work very well for me whenever it happens.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Zac tried your level 2 WW ganks with just blue buff.. fairly solid technique..

My strategy was to get caught stealing their red, proceeding to just run directly into mid and completing a gank on Midraka and causing her to burn flash in the process.. OP nerf plz.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Evidently I'm better at support Voli than support Karma. Who knew?
Voli/Ashe bottom lane seems to work very well for me whenever it happens.
You're not actually using this as a reason to change your support preferences are you?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I watched the patch preview, and I'm afraid I don't understand what they did to Teemo's Toxic Shot. Can someone explain it in a way that makes sense?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The dot doesn't reset. Whn teemo went over 1 attack speed, the dot didn't tick cause each auto was reseting the dot timer. Now it shoufl tick, timer left probably just resets now

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Teemo has 2 parts on E. The first is on hit, the next is the DoT. Previously, if you attacked fast, you would only get the on hit and no DoT at all. Now you will get the on hit and the first tick of the DoT, so basically now you won't miss out on the first tick anymore.

D

Deleted member

U guys assume the ahri is garbage rofl. Well any ****** will die to an Annie burst no matter the char

:phone:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
U guys assume the ahri is garbage rofl. Well any ****** will die to an Annie burst no matter the char

:phone:
Yes, but arhi kills people by getting close to them. If she doesn't hit annie hit her E then she dies. Someone like brand can just kill annie from further away and his w is much harder to dodge than ahris q is. Ahri doesn't win damage trades in the match-up even when annies stun is down either.

Coney

Smash Master
Blighted Quiver
Passive: Varus' basic attacks deal 10/15/20/25/30 (+0.2) bonus magic damage and apply Blight for 6 seconds (stacks 3 times).
Varus' other abilities detonate Blight, dealing magic damage equal to 2/2.8/3.5/4.3/5% (+0.01%) of the target's maximum Health per stack (Max: 360 total damage vs Monsters)

Cost - 55/60/65/70/75 Mana
Range - N/A
1) Holy **** what the ****
2) How's there a mana cost? Just sounds like a modified Silver Bolts...

Top Bottom