• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Flayl

Smash Hero
Hrmm, with the lifsteal nerfs and Doran nerf, I wonder if bot lane carries are going to take up doran shields. Or just boots + 3 pots.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
probably not D shield stack because that would cut down significantly on DPS for them. D Blade is a nice solution to still get damage/lifesteal to scale while not being super squishy early/mid game. If that gets nerfed to hell, you probably wouldn't see Shield take that place.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Doran's is a lot cheaper, gives some sustain through the health regen, and the armor would make trading a lot easier.
If you really want a defensive item then I think it's an okay choice on an AD, but I still don't like it all that much. You would have to be in a pretty scary lane to make me want to buy an early Doran's Shield.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i could see 1 dblade + 1 dshield opener being slightly cool actually lol. ill try it on MF/graves after da patch could be aight

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Isn't it exactly the same as now, but with 40 total less health? The price isn't going down, is it?

The only Doran's item I consistently use is the ring. The mana regen is very noticeable to me, whereas the benefits of the blade aren't as much (though i guess i do get it on the rare occasions i play AD carry) and the shield... i'd personally rather just get a regrowth pendant and potion because it can build into something.

Lovage

Smash Hero
dorans shield is almost always a bad STARTER but as a first-back item it can be really useful. see: ap's vs. bruisers top lane, anyone vs. pantheon, etc.

pretty much all the dorans items are really bad starting items except for a couple heros/scenerios.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
dorans shield is almost always a bad STARTER but as a first-back item it can be really useful. see: ap's vs. bruisers top lane, anyone vs. pantheon, etc.

pretty much all the dorans items are really bad starting items except for a couple heros/scenerios.
Oh, that makes sense. What about AP mids? I know a lot get boots/pots, but (at least when I'm Karma) Doran's Ring is all I need to start.

edit: ever since today, I keep getting this glitch where I load pvpnet and the whole screen is blank -_- and i got that invisible champion select glitch for the first time in weeks.

edit2: just did a draft pick and did the whole discussion on our teamcomp vs theirs etc....... and right after everyone's picked, someone on their team leaves
GOD THAT IS SO ANNOYING WTF

Lovage

Smash Hero
there's a good chunk of ap's that can comfortably start dorans ring and do fine in LANE, but it's a risky build. the risk is, if your jungle gets invaded, the mid with boots is gonna get there before you and kill ur jungler/get an early advantage in the 2v2. also if you get gonked early, you won't get zoned for the rest of your lane because you're half health with a dorans ring vs. a vladimir.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I started ap mid without boots and I hated it so much cause I was so immobile. The only way I would say you can go without boots in the beginning is if you don't have to dodge skill shots, having a flash skill is a bonus to help avoid ganks. Even then, you are SO easy to chase to CC/harass with auto locking skills

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You aren't playing against good players yet auspher. People start boots/3pots for the sustain and to dodge skill shots, as well as what lovage already mentioned.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
DRing is fine for champs who have their own sustain, so Karma as you mentioned. Mana regen = more heals for her.
Lovage brought up a HUGE reason why boots are so good though. Even if a champ doesn't need the health potions to keep themselves in lane, the mobility is so so so so soooooo good.
Just look at how junglers play now for example. Cloth + five pots was basically the start for junglers for god knows how long, and it still works just fine if all you want to do is sit in the jungle and kill neutral creeps. Missing the mobility that the boots give you though makes you weaker when it comes to any early action though. Teams just give their jungler a strong enough pull that even a weaker first clear jungler can start boots.

voorhese

Smash Master
Wowowwowowowowowo

tsm focus the damn kog! He was right next to anivias egg and you focused the egg.....

I have a question about the fight they won next to baron where voyboy killed dyrus b4 he died.

After the swap happened that almost saved kog, shouldn't have jana ulted right away? kog was out of ult range, and it would have reset the fight 5v4 right?

Lovage

Smash Hero
he was way too low hp for that to be worth it. they did however just do what you're talking about in the teamfight that just happened. janna ult seperated kog from people to hit, and nocturne so far from his team, the fight became 4v5 after they just ***** the **** out of nocturne 5v1. this is janna at her absolute best

voorhese

Smash Master
also the goal of an ad carry is to apply damage/pressure to whoever they can while staying safe right? so would tiamat be good on characters like kog who do true damage and have a really safe range? I know traditionally tiamat isn't that good.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Definitely looking forward to the CLG Dig TSM top 3 tomorrow.

What does everybody think is the better tourney style? The group stage pools style or the double elimination bracket?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
god i hate arrogant pricks
even if they're decent (despite the fact that lee sin is apparently OP)
don't be an arrogant prick plz

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
The status effect Fear needs to be REMOVED from this game. So absolutely stupid. At least let me go in ONE direction for 90 minutes.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's two sided, I've seen that Fiddle fear make the person run to safety for free lol

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
also the goal of an ad carry is to apply damage/pressure to whoever they can while staying safe right? so would tiamat be good on characters like kog who do true damage and have a really safe range? I know traditionally tiamat isn't that good.
A few characters that work decently well with it are Twitch and Fiora and that's mainly because of their ultimates. They can hit multiple targets with their ultis and works really well with teams that have a tendency to clump together. I would rather get a defensive item like GA or another damage item than tiamat though, mainly for reliability.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey does anyone above 1700 (im setting arbitary elo requirement here. requirement is so I know u at least know the super basics) want to play ranked 5s at least like twice a week. I want to play arranged to help get better. We can talk picks and strategies and go over our biggest mistakes at the end of each game in an effort to improve. We'll have someone record matches through lolreplay to settle disputes.

If you think you're hot stuff I'm not playing with you. This is for bad kids like myself who know they're terrible but know they have potential to play smarter.

I'll be playing jungle and support- mostly jungle.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Bassem wanted to get a ranked 5s team together, but some of us are getting murdered by real life atm.

EDIT: Hecarim's animations all look AMAZING.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Hey does anyone above 1700 (im setting arbitary elo requirement here. requirement is so I know u at least know the super basics) want to play ranked 5s at least like twice a week. I want to play arranged to help get better. We can talk picks and strategies and go over our biggest mistakes at the end of each game in an effort to improve. We'll have someone record matches through lolreplay to settle disputes.

If you think you're hot stuff I'm not playing with you. This is for bad kids like myself who know they're terrible but know they have potential to play smarter.

I'll be playing jungle and support- mostly jungle.
pick me pick me

i'd want to AD

Top Bottom