• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I may not be a good judge, but I have a feeling Hecarim is going to be played a lot, even after release week. I have barely seen any Lulus since her first week, though it may be different in ranked?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lulu is a support, they always see less play because many people don't enjoy playing them or value their importance, especially at lower levels.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What's the best way to test characters you haven't played? I just made a dominion solo game to test Trundle's moves because I know you get free gold and exp while afk, but of course I returned to see that I was disconnected. I have no idea why the game would disconnect you from your own game, but there you have it.
So anyway, you have to level your champ in order to test it out, right? I wish there was a way to get instant gold/levels in private games so I could test out builds and stuff :(

voorhese

Smash Master
A few characters that work decently well with it are Twitch and Fiora and that's mainly because of their ultimates. They can hit multiple targets with their ultis and works really well with teams that have a tendency to clump together. I would rather get a defensive item like GA or another damage item than tiamat though, mainly for reliability.
Yeah i used to use tiamat on twitch to combo with my ult for baron/dragon stealing.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Hey does anyone above 1700 (im setting arbitary elo requirement here. requirement is so I know u at least know the super basics) want to play ranked 5s at least like twice a week. I want to play arranged to help get better. We can talk picks and strategies and go over our biggest mistakes at the end of each game in an effort to improve. We'll have someone record matches through lolreplay to settle disputes.

If you think you're hot stuff I'm not playing with you. This is for bad kids like myself who know they're terrible but know they have potential to play smarter.

I'll be playing jungle and support- mostly jungle.
Im going to try and gather the squad for some games tonight d00d.

Bassem wanted to get a ranked 5s team together, but some of us are getting murdered by real life atm.

EDIT: Hecarim's animations all look AMAZING.
Yeah I got Izitserious to be an alternate top laner for us when youre not on.

pick me pick me

i'd want to AD
You can be the alternate ad carry for the team I made already if you want. I'll send you an invite tonight.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What's the best way to test characters you haven't played? I just made a dominion solo game to test Trundle's moves because I know you get free gold and exp while afk, but of course I returned to see that I was disconnected. I have no idea why the game would disconnect you from your own game, but there you have it.
So anyway, you have to level your champ in order to test it out, right? I wish there was a way to get instant gold/levels in private games so I could test out builds and stuff :(
Instead of being AFK, kill **** to get exp faster

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
WTF. Voyboy just outplayed half of CLG.
No kidding, and then that port bottom lol Voyboy has been so impressive this tournament.

It's still going on bassem.

Edit: Tower diving cho is scary lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Watching League seems to be really popular. Moreso than watching melee?
I should try it sometime, but streams are usually at weird times when I get to them. Are there any videos or anything you guys would recommend?

Riven's a beast

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Watching League seems to be really popular. Moreso than watching melee?
I should try it sometime, but streams are usually at weird times when I get to them. Are there any videos or anything you guys would recommend?

Riven's a beast
http://www.justin.tv/ipllol/popout
^ipl 4 stream right now losers bracket finals between clg and dignitas watch now
almost at 100k viewers

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Does no one (AD carry) start IE anymore (as a first major item), or is it just situational? I see people in games that I play/watch start BT, or PD (which I understand for Kog).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Does no one (AD carry) start IE anymore (as a first major item), or is it just situational? I see people in games that I play/watch start BT, or PD (which I understand for Kog).
Vayne gets enough damage from her W to start BT. A lot of kogs go zeal->IE->PD but it really depends on the champs. I think most of the other AD's go IE first.

Edit:

CLG with that poke comp.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Blood Thirster still gives you a good amount of damage and it keeps you alive, so it can be better than IE in certain situations. Plus now that it only looses half stacks it is more viable.
Phantom Dancer gives you more mobility which gives you more map presence, and ability to kite around in a team fight. Plus some champs scale more effectively with attack speed than others like Vayne, Kog, and AD Kennen.
IE is the most raw damage, but you are not always going to want the raw damage.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
She gets way too much free tankiness for how much damage she does with items. That's honestly the only problem with her.

EDIT: Dignatas is screwed. They have absolutely no one to engage for them.
Everything is possible with the Blind Monk

On a more logical note, I see now way for Dignitas to stick on to Kog Maw

Those traps on Corki....

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
There you go. Called that ****. If you want a strong Lee Sin/Morde team you need a hard engage jungler. All of them have to just run up to people.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
They really just let themselves get outpicked imo.
They are up against a poke comp, and not just a poke comp but CLG's poke comp. They have no hard engage, so really CLG can just do what they want against them all day. With Janna to break up any fight, what was Dig supposed to do?
Iunno... I would just never want to let CLG get their poke comp, and especially when you don't pick to counter it.

TSM vs CLG in the finals is going to be great. Old rivals fighting it out, can't ask for a better finals.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
All they needed was a Nautilus jungle, or to grab the Shyvana for themselves (instead of Mundo) and they would have been set. Shyv/Naut jump into them, Lee Sin shields to whoever jumped, and the engage is set at that point (plus the person engaging is tanky, as opposed to the super squishy Lee Sin that Voyboy built).

Lovage

Smash Hero
Hey does anyone above 1700 (im setting arbitary elo requirement here. requirement is so I know u at least know the super basics) want to play ranked 5s at least like twice a week. I want to play arranged to help get better. We can talk picks and strategies and go over our biggest mistakes at the end of each game in an effort to improve. We'll have someone record matches through lolreplay to settle disputes.

If you think you're hot stuff I'm not playing with you. This is for bad kids like myself who know they're terrible but know they have potential to play smarter.

I'll be playing jungle and support- mostly jungle.
you can scrim hbj to WHIP u into shape

dominate doing nothing with mundo it seemed every game

everyone should have a pocket ashe vs clg
lol for real, i had the exact same thought watching yesterdays matches. ashe ***** da gay splitpushing/great vs. bruiser melees like saint

clg vs tsm in grand finals
been a hell of a long time since i've seen that mu
gona be a good finals

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Can't the players hear the commentators (who are really horrible btw) when they're screaming about a gank, dragon or Baron...??

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
spectator delay and i'm hoping soundproof headphones >_>

otherwise wouldn't they hear each other since they are playing in front of each other?

Top Bottom