• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Leacero

Smash Lord
Hey does anyone above 1700 (im setting arbitary elo requirement here. requirement is so I know u at least know the super basics) want to play ranked 5s at least like twice a week. I want to play arranged to help get better. We can talk picks and strategies and go over our biggest mistakes at the end of each game in an effort to improve. We'll have someone record matches through lolreplay to settle disputes.

If you think you're hot stuff I'm not playing with you. This is for bad kids like myself who know they're terrible but know they have potential to play smarter.

I'll be playing jungle and support- mostly jungle.
I'll play, can probably do 2 a week, but probably best to consider me as reserve.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I guess he's like 6'4 or so.
Pretty damn tall, especially when he's standing next to a bunch of Asians.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Hey does anyone above 1700 (im setting arbitary elo requirement here. requirement is so I know u at least know the super basics) want to play ranked 5s at least like twice a week. I want to play arranged to help get better. We can talk picks and strategies and go over our biggest mistakes at the end of each game in an effort to improve. We'll have someone record matches through lolreplay to settle disputes.

If you think you're hot stuff I'm not playing with you. This is for bad kids like myself who know they're terrible but know they have potential to play smarter.

I'll be playing jungle and support- mostly jungle.
I'm all for this, Dan. I'm not 1700 elo as you know but I pick up information like a sponge and I've been looking for a solid group of people to improve with for a long while. I'm looking to main support so your advice and experience would be easy to pass onto me, as well as applying all the things I've learned from jpak and from watching Nhat Nguyen. I'm a little tired of solo and duo queue these days and I think the only thing that interests me anymore is playing arranged with better players and the opportunity to improve

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
His positioning is just insane. He somehow manages to output crazy DPS while remaining untouchable. He dodges skillshots while chasing people with ease. However, the Cleanse/QSS every game might be a part of that.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's ok guys, everyone keep picking Mundo, it will work eventually.

EDIT: @ Zolga - it was pretty dumb of them to be surprised by cleanse despite only a few hard CCs. Cleanse reduces durations of slows which also impede positioning and movement.

@Dan below - in general today in tournament he has positioned himself incredibly well. He is always doing damage while moving, which is more than can be said for some of the other AD players.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not even his positioning imo. Clg was just winning the fights where they engaged well. TSM didn't have anything to re-engage with when their tanks are already bursted down some. Very little cc to nail down vayne so he was free to tumble around with her passive and chase and hit people as they ran.

Remember the fight they "caught" vlad and used cc on him. Then he pooled and slowed everyone and kog just melted people. Vayne couldn't hit anyone with her low range without use of her passive and tumble- she's very immobile if she can't proc her tumble to reset the cooldown to 2 seconds.

@PX- oh, i was just talking about this last tsm vs clg game

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
*Looks at Dan*
*Looks at Regi*
*Listens to Dan talk*
*Listens to Regi talk*

Sometimes genes aren't fair.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
It's more along the lines of their intelligence.
Their maturity would certainly have a large impact on that though in just their willingness to learn and develop themselves as a young adult.
Regi still could have gotten the short end of the brainpower stick though :rolleyes:

I don't know why TSM would just give CLG the "Protect the Vayne" comp again :3

Lovage

Smash Hero
for real - dan actually kinda knows what he's talking about. league of legends commentary on the whole is a joke compared to CS/starcraft/dota

EDIT after set 2, game 1:

chaox ashe pick working just like me and mccain predicted
i anticipate clg banning ashe and tsm banning anivia next match.

Okuser

Smash Ace
ashe really wasn't a great pick, doubelift dominated chaox by about 40cs and managed to take a **** ton of towers the only reason it was even close was because of how ****ed saintvicious and hotshot got leading to them getting every single dragon

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I feel like ashe was a great pick, it actually game them something to initiate with which they really needed.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Honestly it was OddOne Udyr putting in work. Get leads for all of his lanes. Ashe initiation came in handy later of course, but by then Ryze was already huge and dismantling CLG pretty much solo.

Though I still think Ashe would be the answer against the poke comp.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Love that my older bro's in journalism, Riot Nasus and Sivir up in this.

Now please buff Nasus so he doesnt have to farm all day

MacD

Banned via Administration
every guide says olaf destroys vlad

hard to know though since he went to lane with half his mana and got 3 man ganked a couple times. it didn't help that somehow regi after those like 3 failed ganks was at the same CS as bigfatlp

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I loaded the stream again JUST in time to see someone destroy the nexus and win the championship lol.

good job TSM, whatever that stands for.

Lovage

Smash Hero
ashe really wasn't a great pick, doubelift dominated chaox by about 40cs and managed to take a **** ton of towers the only reason it was even close was because of how ****ed saintvicious and hotshot got leading to them getting every single dragon

doublelift and chauster dominated the lane of course (a league of legends dominate which means 0 kills and 40 cs lead lol), but TSM didn't pick ashe + soraka for its lane dominance . it was purely a late-game pick, and pretty much the entirety of their lategame strategy after tier 1 towers had fallen revolved 100% around ashe.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
for real - dan actually kinda knows what he's talking about. league of legends commentary on the whole is a joke compared to CS/starcraft/dota

EDIT after set 2, game 1:

chaox ashe pick working just like me and mccain predicted
i anticipate clg banning ashe and tsm banning anivia next match.
Not like us smashers haven't had expirience with terrible commentary...

Dan's awesome though, glad he's around to comment. Unlike HatPerson, I felt really bad for the guy who had to comment with him who, while he wasn't amazing, needed to comment around this deadweight that knew like.... nothing about the game.

Now excuse me I'm gonna get drunk over the biggest d***s in competative league taking the tournament. Ok not really, but it's Easter and extended family is over so I'd prefer to get back to them and pretend this tournament didn't happen.

Top Bottom