• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Anyone know of a "How to play" janna video, where the person actually talks and tells me tips on playing janna (preferably in a female voice)?

What's The Point

Smash Master
Anyone know of a "How to play" janna video, where the person actually talks and tells me tips on playing janna (preferably in a female voice)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrsTE1vpoXM

can't even believe I have to ask this.

who beats Midraka?
Your jungler. Starfall has crazy range and is AoE with MR shred so it can harass and push. She can sit back and heal herself to stay ahead in HP. She has a long range instant nuke that silences so it's hard to harass back. I haven't seen her since Infuse stopped giving her mana but I imagine it's still roughly the same just not as aggressive. Her only laning issue is that to harass she has to push so your jungler should have easy ganks if she is trying to harass.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Cleanse breaks the slow, but I think the stun still comes out if you cleanse beforehand. I dunno about QSS though.
So, in summary...Pool doesn't break the stun/shackle. Cleanse breaks the slow and maybe the shackle? QSS definitely breaks the shackle, I just did it a few games ago.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
^thats what I'm thinking.

I don't see how she would be less effective later. starfalls would be hitting like trucks by about the 3rd hit. while she can keep everyone alive and silence whoevers causing problems

either way you are right. the game I lost to soraka mid our jungler never ganked my lane. and I called and pinged and all those things for it. oh well.

Also My Mid game/late game Annie is slacking. I don't know what else to do after I'm ahead of the other mid like 3/0.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This doesn't work for bot lane as bot lane should never leave their lane. Two people out of lane is easy to call, support can't leave because then the AD will be bullied and denied, and the AD can't leave because he isn't farming and the support will die.
Janna can gank mid lane after like 5 seconds of flying really ****ing fast. No one's going to call mia on a Janna that's been gone for 5 seconds, they'll assume she's in a bush or warding. By the time Janna pops her head out in mind, the AD carry has enough time to back off a bit.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Seriously, this video is 2 years old... :( (and trolly)
I see it as more of a classic.

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=17635

Best I could find. It's not a video guide but it has a fully recorded game with time segmented commentary. And he's a man.

Edit - Actually meant to link this one but their both good.

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=6717

I don't see how she would be less effective later. starfalls would be hitting like trucks by about the 3rd hit. while she can keep everyone alive and silence whoevers causing problems
The issue is that you basically have a second but really strong support. She has that sustained AoE Starfall damage but it's nothing compared to a Ryze or Cass dealing out damage. It takes a fed Soraka like 15 seconds to kill somebody. Her lack of a CC is also very bad since the hard CC is usually expected on the AP Mid at this point.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Scarra after they won vs CLG basically said that Soraka mid wins every standard midlane matchup save vs Cass which is even.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Push your lane, run to the other lanes, Tibbers them, ping for dragon/towers?
I probably used Tibbers for a Kill.

once you are 2-3 levels ahead of the other mid Annie's combo is usually all you need to get a kill.

but I definitely don't ping dragons....hmmm I should work on my play calling.

sucks going 7-1-2 in lane and then ending the game 9-4-4 because I didn't really know what to do/where to go later.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Never have I felt the perspective disadvantage of purple side as strongly as I did today against Olaf.

Also I hate Jannas that only shield me after the opponent has harassed me and backed off. Thanks.

john!

Smash Hero
i'm sure some people beat her 1v1 (i haven't played vs. midraka so i wouldn't know) but jungle ganks **** her because she has to stand in the middle of your creep wave to farm it (like mord) and she has no escape (like mord)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I think maybe I should just start playing other positions again.

my top lane Riven is still pretty "strong" (in the under 1500 sense of the word) and I play a pretty good MF but bot lane makes me mad.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Why is Lux a "bad" pick for an AP mid? She has long range, burst, average CD's, CC, and is a safe pick to farm with in lane. Is it the whole "other APs do all of that better" thing or is there a glaring weakness I'm missing?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
pretty long CDs and her ult's main purpose is sniping, which doesn't bring much to teamfights to such as..

Morgana who has a binding, easier farm, a team fight ultimate, and her shield isn't a skill shot and blocks CC.

To below: Also, building CDR doesn't account for how long your CDs are cause then assume everyone is 40% CDR and Lux still has bad CDs

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
average CD's
Lux has average CDs if she builds CDR. How many AP mids have CDs comparable to a base of 11 seconds at rank 5? Leblanc and Morgana are the only ones who comes to mind, really. Maybe Brand if you stretch it, but Brand also does like twice as much damage as Lux.

jpak

Smash Lord
lux is good but all her abilities are skill shots and not that easy to land so theres a decent amount of risk involved. if you can land them all then go play her!

yes xp buff for support will be nice. i wont be level 10 when someone is level 17! and changing janna ult mana cost is kind of riot :) (if they go thru with it)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Her ult kind of has nice cooldown, at 40% reduction....24 second nukes...yeah.....*sigh*

I also feel like she has slight mana issues, but I might just be spammy.

A skillshot shield is really stupid, though. :(

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Makes sense. ^^

Lux has average CDs if she builds CDR. How many AP mids have CDs comparable to a base of 11 seconds at rank 5? Leblanc and Morgana are the only ones who comes to mind, really. Maybe Brand if you stretch it, but Brand also does like twice as much damage as Lux.
Yeah that's true.

i think she just flat out loses lane to 99% of other mids
Eh. I don't know about 99%. She's relatively safe at farming and harasses well. Sheild mitigates a lot of damage during the lane phase.

lux is good but all her abilities are skill shots and not that easy to land so theres a decent amount of risk involved. if you can land them all then go play her!

yes xp buff for support will be nice. i wont be level 10 when someone is level 17! and changing janna ult mana cost is kind of riot :) (if they go thru with it)
I don't find them hard to land, but I will keep all this in mind. I think I'll continue to play Lux until it stops working. ^^

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
basically Lux's usefulness comes down too: Did you steal dragon/baron or snipe someone running away? If not, then Lux was pointless as she didn't do anything that anyone else could do or better than her.

Top Bottom