• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jpak

Smash Lord
basically Lux's usefulness comes down too: Did you steal dragon/baron or snipe someone running away? If not, then Lux was pointless as she didn't do anything that anyone else could do or better than her.
need to re-evaluate the way you look at this game..

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
So, Soraka's an overpowered piece of **** and I have no idea who to focus after she heals the carry. Do I focus the tank or the tank? This is a legitimate question covered in salt.
Who are you? The other AD carry? Bruiser? AP caster?

Your #1 priority is defending your AD carry. #2 priority is disrupting their AD carry. Some champs do one or the other slightly better so it depends on who you're using.

Lovage

Smash Hero
So, Soraka's an overpowered piece of **** and I have no idea who to focus after she heals the carry. Do I focus the tank or the tank? This is a legitimate question covered in salt.
are you talking about bot lane? vs. soraka teams, you need to bait out her heal with a small poke (an auto + q with any hero,) wait 6 secs for your Q to come back and kill whoever target because they don't have heal for another 8 seconds. never waste your time damaging an armored target unless you're a) WAY stronger b) your jungler is gonking and he's the closest target/doesnt have flash or c) you have pro calculations and it's the best choice.

UNLESS you're playing a leona/alistar lane with a strong AD (anyone but pre-6 ashe will work) then you just set up big kills 2v2 with ignite and huge CCs. after like my last 100 bot lane games i am convinced leona counters the **** out of soraka lol.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Who are you? The other AD carry? Bruiser? AP caster?

Your #1 priority is defending your AD carry. #2 priority is disrupting their AD carry. Some champs do one or the other slightly better so it depends on who you're using.
More often than not, Renekton.

I don't want laning advice. I want late-game advice. I guess I should just protect carry at all costs because I see no way to disrupt a ranged carry that doesn't give a crap about what I do. In that case, should we focus the 4 tanky aps nearby?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
More often than not, Renekton.

I don't want laning advice. I want late-game advice. I guess I should just protect carry at all costs because I see no way to disrupt a ranged carry that doesn't give a crap about what I do. In that case, should we focus the 4 tanky aps nearby?
renekton usually dives the enemy AD carry does he not?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
after like my last 100 bot lane games i am convinced leona counters the **** out of soraka lol.
Isn't it supposed to be something like Sustain > Balanced > Aggressive > Sustain for bot lane comps?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Just get both, Gamer.

I think a great Renekton build atm is something like Merc's, Maw, Mallet, Atma's, Last Whisper and then whatever for last item.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Last item could always be a Frozen Heart or Ghostblade which gives you some of that CDR.

The rest is core build on TankyDPS pretty much.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Isn't it supposed to be something like Sustain > Balanced > Aggressive > Sustain for bot lane comps?
not really

which supports are in the lane and how good the ad player is will determine who wins. aggressive beats sustain unless the sustain is alistar (maxing e like a vag) then aggressive has a hard time securing kills. balanced comps are weak early, will lose to high damage ad + sustain unless the balanced comp has kennen/corki/ez

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Just get both, Gamer.

I think a great Renekton build atm is something like Merc's, Maw, Mallet, Atma's, Last Whisper and then whatever for last item.
I tend to build Merc's/Tabi, Spirit Visage, Randuin's, Force of Nature, Atma's, Maw. Late game, I trade Spirit Visage for Frozen Mallet or Last Whisper.

Now that I think about it though, when late game comes, carries get Last Whisper/Void Staff and that means I'm paying for wasted stats. A more DPS-oriented build may help. At least until I get silenced by Soraka. **** her so much.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How Silence stop right clicks???

I don't like Visage on Renekton. Visage great on someone who heals all the time, for a lot every time. WW Vlad people along those lines. Renekton usually needs a wave/charged up Q to heal noticeably, and the boost isn't usually enough to make much of a difference. In 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 situations, you aren't gonna be getting much out of Visage on him. You Q once, get 10-30 extra health back if that, and the other stats are ok but don't contribute that significantly to him getting bulky or hitting harder. Since you can already heal more through AD scaling, I'd rather go AD most of the time and non mid tier/game items on him. Like getting Brutalizer for CDR or working on warmog/mallet/etc for health tanky.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone tried getting SV on Ahri? Never tried it but it doesn't seem bad. She likes CDR a lot. Does SV increase the heals from other items such as wota or only mechanical heals?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
It used to only work on built-in heals, but it applies to life steal and spell vamp now.

I like Spirit Visage for the health + MR + CDR. I see your point though, DMG. Is there any hope for the mid-tier items?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
K I just bought Lee sin and I have NO idea how to play him. Seems like you want to attack twice between each of your skills(I had no idea he had 6..sort of lol) to make use of your passive. Other than that I have no idea what runes I should use and what items I should get. I'm primarily interested in going top with him, but jungle stuff would be good to.

Helps?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I run ad marks and quints, standard of armor seals and mr/level glphs, but that's matchup dependent. His kit is pretty nuts.

Top Bottom