• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

bassem6

Smash Lord
K I just bought Lee sin and I have NO idea how to play him. Seems like you want to attack twice between each of your skills(I had no idea he had 6..sort of lol) to make use of your passive. Other than that I have no idea what runes I should use and what items I should get. I'm primarily interested in going top with him, but jungle stuff would be good to.

Helps?
Ad quints, armor pen/ad marks, Armor yellow, mr blue is what I would do.

Viable Items include dorans, frozen mallet, atmas, mercs/tabi/lucidity, last whisper, randuins, force of nature.

Triforce and wits end could also work if youre looking to do the deeps and the rest of your team isnt doing enough damage.

Max q then either w or e depending on how hard your lane is. W if youre having trouble, E if youre stomping. Most of the time w is a better option since it will lower your chances of dying and can also save your teammates.

Harass people with q>q then w back to your minions for safety. E your opponent when you can do it without pushing your lane. Whenever you are looking to kill somebody, do q>r>q because the second part of his q does more damage based on how low health your opponent is (kinda like garen/riven ults).

Lee sin is really strong top.

chances are you aren't going to be landing random resonating strikes

what you wanna do is safeguard to your minion as they try to last hit, tempest/cripples and then pound the **** out of them while having absurd lifesteal/vamp and a big shield to boot.

then you ignite, chase, and kill them. ez

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Cho' Gath doesn't need Warmogs, right? Feast gives him enough HP for him go for resistance items first? Or perhaps not Warmogs, but something less big, like Shurelya's? I usually don't get HP items on him outside of RoA, but perhaps I'm wrong, and S2J (or anyone, really) can enlighten me. :)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Vayne/WW really far out of position for that baron.

This Vayne throwing hard
Yup, sad times. Also i was ill-prepared for top lane. I'm not sure who to use against vlad atm. I dont top much and i dont know counterpicks, but i know how to play champs.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Cho' Gath doesn't need Warmogs, right? Feast gives him enough HP for him go for resistance items first? Or perhaps not Warmogs, but something less big, like Shurelya's? I usually don't get HP items on him outside of RoA, but perhaps I'm wrong, and S2J (or anyone, really) can enlighten me. :)
pretty much never get warmog's
even roa is can be excessive
banshee and randuin's are good if you need extra hp

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yup, sad times. Also i was ill-prepared for top lane. I'm not sure who to use against vlad atm. I dont top much and i dont know counterpicks, but i know how to play champs.
Either heavy aggressive early champs or high sustain champs. Teemo not so great b/c Vlad can just heal off harass like nobody's business. I know Mogwai disagrees with me, but I really like Chalice rush WW against Vlad.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Roaming AD that takes no CS while support farms all the gold and gets top tier support items that change the game more than DPS items

MacD

Banned via Administration
AD nid, olaf is apparently a really hard match up if the olaf doesn't get behind at all (not sure, just what people say)

if you check the vlad guides on solo mid, a few of them say what his harder matchups are.

but idk how much you care since you don't even play top

Sounds like a job for Tristana
LOOOOOOOOOOOL

that reminds me of a game where a trist roamed, that game so silly

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Used Gragas for the very first time today....he seems to be really, really good. Why don't I see more of him?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I played an AD carry for the 1st time yesterday.

It was Ashe.

Demanded I went mid.

Got Ahri and crushed her.

Next game did the same and got Yorick mid.

Was crushing him so badly early on that he had to swap lanes with their support Lux.

Got a bunch of sweet Ashe ults too, cross lanes, down river, straight at the nexus for a push.

Ashe is awesome.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Used Gragas for the very first time today....he seems to be really, really good. Why don't I see more of him?
He can't carry games. His damage is ok but his useable damaging move is his barrel (body slam only can be used if you can get away, which won't happen against ranged mages with CC) which has quite the CD when you have only 1 move...

And this makes me see how broke Lulu.. She takes 1/3-1/2 (this is at 90-100 AP no MR items yet) your HP with help pix! > guarenteed glitterlance since pix is right on them. And her CDs are significantly better. At 40% CDR, glittlerlance is 4 sec, her 35% movement speed for 5 seconds is on a 7 second CD at max level (oh hai permaghost with a +ability power buff), her help pix is on a 6 second CD, god damn..

Bring back AD Ratios on Gragas :[

Edit: Graves sucks? Why? (don't know AD carries)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I played an AD carry for the 1st time yesterday.

It was Ashe.

Demanded I went mid.

Got Ahri and crushed her.

Next game did the same and got Yorick mid.

Was crushing him so badly early on that he had to swap lanes with their support Lux.

Got a bunch of sweet Ashe ults too, cross lanes, down river, straight at the nexus for a push.

Ashe is awesome.
I played her a few games ago. I don't know what it is, but Ashe is really hard to last hit with for me.
But then she gets her ult and it's just so much fun.

I haven't bought a champ in a while, I'm wondering who I should get next. Looking through the list, here are some that interest me: Pantheon, Lux, Nidalee, Anivia, maybe Rumble, maybe Irelia, maybe Viktor, Fizz, Talon, maybe Leona, Kennen, and Malzahar. Problem is everyone after Irelia costs 6300 :(

You guys have any favorites in there? I'm most interested in another magey type right now, particularly Malz, Anivia, and Lux. Only one I played was Malz, and that was one time when I was completely new, and I got the feeling he wasn't the most newb-friendly type to play.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I love mages and supports as my favs. jungling is fun too, but i only do it when no one else can jungle. AD carry is the role i can't play well.. (positioning in team fights) solo top i usually play a mage there..

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Anivia is really hard to be decent with I heard, same goes for Malz.

Lux, Nidalee and Kennen are all really solid champs too.

Funny thing Asdioh is I find it really easy to last hit with Ashe.

Maybe the year or so of last hitting with Brand/Xerath has made it easier.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anivia is really hard to be decent with I heard, same goes for Malz.

Lux, Nidalee and Kennen are all really solid champs too.

Funny thing Asdioh is I find it really easy to last hit with Ashe.

Maybe the year or so of last hitting with Brand/Xerath has made it easier.
What's your reasoning for Nidalee being solid? Just curious. Do you play her ever.

Top Bottom