• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Matchups and what you need to provide for your team. If you want to dominate your lane you grab the Brut vs enemies that don't build a huge amount of armor, if you want to spec more for late game and do some more damage you grab the Maw, Mallet, Atmas, Mercs, Whisper build.

I also wouldn't max shield against everyone. There are some champs that you can trounce early if you max Q or E. Shield max is for his more even/troublesome matchups imo.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Matchups and what you need to provide for your team. If you want to dominate your lane you grab the Brut vs enemies that don't build a huge amount of armor, if you want to spec more for late game and do some more damage you grab the Maw, Mallet, Atmas, Mercs, Whisper build.

I also wouldn't max shield against everyone. There are some champs that you can trounce early if you max Q or E. Shield max is for his more even/troublesome matchups imo.
What match-ups would I max Q or E over W in? I've only played him twice, and haven't seen many so I'm not too familiar with his match-ups.

Edit: Also great stuff guys. Lots of useful info.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Just played draft and the only spot left was mid, and some (arrogant) support Lulu was horrified at the prospect of me going Karma mid, so I ended up going Annie. I pretty much just stayed there all game while my teammates (who were arrogant but good) kill everything and we won. :\
I'd play Annie more if I had the reverse skin.
Frostfire Annie is best Annie, imo. But they're all really good.

And I also bought Karma today. She's odd, man. So odd.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Bull****. Reverse Annie is not only Annie's best skin but one of the best skins in the game. I own one skin (Free RP from server issues) and it's Reverse Annie.

I wish she was still a good mid though. APs coming out always have more and more range with more zoning tools.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
What match-ups would I max Q or E over W in? I've only played him twice, and haven't seen many so I'm not too familiar with his match-ups.

Edit: Also great stuff guys. Lots of useful info.
Against the likes of Tryndamere or other auto attacking melee I would go for E for guaranteed damage and maximum debuffing.

Against champs you need to kill early before they get huge and that can't harass you too hard for the first handful of levels or that jump to you a lot Q is not a bad idea (I like to grab Q or E against Rumble for example, depending on how my skillshots are feeling).

Against ranged/sustain or champs you can't really trade with (think Olaf) I think W is pretty much the go to (though I would probably be aggressive against WW should you face him top).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Just played draft and the only spot left was mid, and some (arrogant) support Lulu was horrified at the prospect of me going Karma mid, so I ended up going Annie. I pretty much just stayed there all game while my teammates (who were arrogant but good) kill everything and we won. :\
I'd play Annie more if I had the reverse skin.
I have yet to see any Lulu do a proficent job at supporting..

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I do okay with Lulu support. All depends on how Rambo my AD carry and I get.
I have fun with Urgot Lulu bot lane. :applejack:

bassem6

Smash Lord
so the rumble vs vlad mu goes like this. At level 4 as rumble, you have lvl 2 flamethrower, level 1 e and level 1 sheild. If vlad comes up to cs, you run at him and flamethrower with shield and if he tries to commit, he dies. You need good ward coverage for this to work but this matchup is super easy if you play it aggressively.

Once vlad gets low enough, you can just kill the jungler if he tries to gank or kill vlad if he tries to follow up on a jungler gank. You start boots, 3 hp pots btw.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I love AP Lulu, fricken amazing when you have CDR on her, glitterlance > whimsey self > help pix > glitterlance is such an amazing combo (especially since glitterlance is pretty much guaranteed after landing help pix if you know how to aim), if you want the kill, then ult after the 2nd glitterlance and glitter lance > help pix again. There is room to auto attack inbetween all that.

That said, i'm 1 exp away from level 30, i kinda lol'd at that

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

And I also bought Karma today. She's odd, man. So odd.
What's odd about her? I think the way she moves and attacks is kinda weird, but I've gotten extremely good at last hitting with her (better than my ashe at least lol)
Her spells are simple to use once you know what they do. If I'm mid, I focus exclusively on E and Q until teamfights start happening, which is when a point in W is useful. And her passive reminds me of Tryndamere, how she gets (much) stronger when her health goes down.

I have yet to see any Lulu do a proficent job at supporting..
Well this guy and sivir did something right bottom because they got pretty fed. Wasn't really watching what they were doing though.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Free_champion_rotation
I need to try Lulu and Xin! Maybe Yorick but he seems kind of boring. I'll also have some fun with Shen and MF :3

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I always get a point in W as Karma at lvl 4. Its such a strong anti-gank deterrence/gank enabler, especially because of mids size, so theres really no reason NOT to have it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I always get a point in W as Karma at lvl 4. Its such a strong anti-gank deterrence/gank enabler, especially because of mids size, so theres really no reason NOT to have it.
yes there is. it hurts your ability to trade. I usually look to get it at 8 or 10 if I can afford to wait that long, but it's matchup and game dependent.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
haha you guys act as if people play karm-

oh wait someone said mogwai plays her. What do you think of her as AP? That arrogant Lulu in my game said he's played all the supports, and that Karma is a horrible support but better at AP, but even at AP she's garbage. >_> and are you excited for a rework?
How long do reworks take? :c

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
so the rumble vs vlad mu goes like this. At level 4 as rumble, you have lvl 2 flamethrower, level 1 e and level 1 sheild. If vlad comes up to cs, you run at him and flamethrower with shield and if he tries to commit, he dies. You need good ward coverage for this to work but this matchup is super easy if you play it aggressively.

Once vlad gets low enough, you can just kill the jungler if he tries to gank or kill vlad if he tries to follow up on a jungler gank. You start boots, 3 hp pots btw.
1) Level 2 Flamespitter still does pretty poor damage, and he can drop free harass on you with Tides, Auto attacks, and Qs.

2) You are gonna have gone back to base before you hit level 4? :\

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Karma's a situationally strong AP. She crushes most APs in damage trades and is fantastic at supporting strong tank/bruiser play, but has a midgame soft spot where other APs are blowing up teams with their ults, whereas she needs long drawn out fights to really shine. She's pretty awful as a support though. Her main strengths come from her AP scaling and passive and supports just don't get farm. If she's trying to do anything bot, she'll accidentally push the lane and provide considerably less utility than all the other supports, so she's best relegated to mid.

Karma rework will most likely be awhile. She's a tough nut to crack from a design perspective, especially if they want to shift her to a support role.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Karma's a situationally strong AP. She crushes most APs in damage trades and is fantastic at supporting strong tank/bruiser play, but has a midgame soft spot where other APs are blowing up teams with their ults, whereas she needs long drawn out fights to really shine. She's pretty awful as a support though. Her main strengths come from her AP scaling and passive and supports just don't get farm. If she's trying to do anything bot, she'll accidentally push the lane and provide considerably less utility than all the other supports, so she's best relegated to mid.

Karma rework will most likely be awhile. She's a tough nut to crack from a design perspective, especially if they want to shift her to a support role.
Yeah, that's the thing about her supporting is that you need AP but can't get enough gold for it :(

Speaking of Karma, I was watching some of those top 5 plays and just happened across this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quaKULu_UrI&feature=player_detailpage#t=121s
I have that skin :O

Also, are you saying they're trying to make her almost pure support? That sucks >_<

Lovage

Smash Hero
dam this thread moves fast

@ lee discussion

i think top lee with 21/9/0 with a standard Ad page maxing w is one of the easiest things in the game and anyone can play this hero and get easy elo right now. he has retardedly easy sustain (activate iron will as much as you can if you need hp/can afford to push the lane, use E while its on for big spellvamp,) he crushes soo many melee bruisers, he scales into late game and he's mobile as ****. definitely a top 3 pick if anyones grinding solo que imo.

edit: i'd love if they reworked karma as a better support, bot lane always needs new supports **** gets BORING

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
What's odd about her? I think the way she moves and attacks is kinda weird, but I've gotten extremely good at last hitting with her (better than my ashe at least lol)
Her spells are simple to use once you know what they do. If I'm mid, I focus exclusively on E and Q until teamfights start happening, which is when a point in W is useful. And her passive reminds me of Tryndamere, how she gets (much) stronger when her health goes down.
She only has three skills, and that alone makes her different than most of the champs I play regularly. Couple that with having never ever seen her, it's like I just unlocked a never before seen character, hidden in the game files. And her moves are kind of individual, too. I'll try her out and see if I like her.

Why am I losing games to Xin Zhao, btw? Who counters him (or just beats him), and how can I mitigate his BS?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
How would you go about, building AP Lulu?
Is it just regular AP build?
I noticed she has a lot of mana issues.
start boots 3pot > tear > wota and CDR boots > dcap, void, abyss scepter/Zhyona's and one of the CDR Ap items: deathfire grasp/nashor's tooth/evil tomb (after wota it depends on how you are doing, what the enemy is building, ie resistances, tanky get DFG)

I use either 21/9/0 or 9/21/0 masteries (since i'm building tear, i don't need mana masteries) defense masteries if the team needs an AP bruiser over an AP carry.

You don't want to go back till you have 1100 so you can buy a tear and a ward. Don't finish tear till later cause it doesn't give much AP till after you finish charging its passive anyways. Once you have a tear, you can harass often. With MPregen masteries you can spam harass. Lulu's skills get so much stronger with levels its ridiculous.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
start boots 3pot > tear > wota and CDR boots > dcap, void, abyss scepter/Zhyona's and one of the CDR Ap items: deathfire grasp/nashor's tooth/evil tomb (after wota it depends on how you are doing, what the enemy is building, ie resistances, tanky get DFG)

I use either 21/9/0 or 9/21/0 masteries (since i'm building tear, i don't need mana masteries) defense masteries if the team needs an AP bruiser over an AP carry.

You don't want to go back till you have 1100 so you can buy a tear and a ward. Don't finish tear till later cause it doesn't give much AP till after you finish it anyways. Once you have a tear, you can spam harass. Lulu's skills get so much stronger with levels its ridiculous.
Sweet, thanks for the help! :D

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
The amount of glitches in PBE right makes me happy the patch is delayed, Karthus Ulti doesn't even cast while he is in his passive. On another note Korea's patch is due for the twelfth according to a translation from their site.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone see the top 5 plays they showed during ipl4? The 1 clip was of a janna and I wanted to show rauleen but I can't find it anywhere.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Most of the information they've provided leads me to believe that they want her to feel like a support and not an AP, but that's going to require a lot of work on her kit IMO.
She's going to be an AD Bruiser. :applejack:

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
She only has three skills, and that alone makes her different than most of the champs I play regularly. Couple that with having never ever seen her, it's like I just unlocked a never before seen character, hidden in the game files. And her moves are kind of individual, too. I'll try her out and see if I like her.

Why am I losing games to Xin Zhao, btw? Who counters him (or just beats him), and how can I mitigate his BS?
Everyone beats Xin Zhao, lol. Idk about no-rune-page players though. I imagine runes change the game really hard.

But if you really are scared of him. Just get a chain mail.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Xin Zhao loses to level 2 ganks. If Xin doesn't fall behind he does pretty well since he trades well. Xin is too easy to camp with a jungler. Ranged harass doesn't work since Xin's gap closer + TTS does a lot of burst damage. (especially if he's using armor pen runes like he should)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Can anyone suggest builds that give me the highest nuking power the fastest, ignoring survivability items?
Most Karma builds suggest Rod of Ages first, but I usually skip it because I have no problems surviving, I just need more AP to kill. I also need 30% or higher CDR.

What I normally do is something like this:
Start with Doran's ring, get boots and wards and possibly another Doran's, get Kage's Lucky Pick for the AP and extra gold income, turn it into a Deathfire Grasp, get cooldown boots, get Deathcap, then other stuff. Recently I've been trying Deathfire+Morello's for the CDR, and use Sorc shoes instead.
Is there anything that can get me higher burst, faster?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What I normally do is something like this:
Start with Doran's ring, get boots and wards and possibly another Doran's, get Kage's Lucky Pick for the AP and extra gold income, turn it into a Deathfire Grasp, get cooldown boots, get Deathcap, then other stuff. Recently I've been trying Deathfire+Morello's for the CDR, and use Sorc shoes instead.
Is there anything that can get me higher burst, faster?
By definition, the way to increase your burst is AP. Morello's or DFG is fine, but ideally you should have blue buff, making a lot of that CDR superfluous. Once you've maxed out your CDR (if you're into that kind of thing), go for AP. DFG could work well, with your passive boosting its active's power, in addition to the gold from Kage's. If you just want to do damage, get Sorcerer's, Deathcap, Void Staff, even Lich Bane. Items like Zhonya's, Abyssal, RoA, and Rylai's are good options, though they're less efficient in terms of gold per more damage done because you're paying for armor, MR, or HP.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

I don't agree with that. Playing aggressively early on as Rumble tends to push the lane. His Q is notoriously easy to hit minions with even if you're just harassing. I think you want the opposite, get Vlad to hit you a few times or have him push the wave early on to open him up to ganks or blow his pool or something while you last hit easier. Rumble early on does not do much damage and doesn't have the regular AA range to sit back easily and farm. Rumble is more vulnerable early on when going to last hit because you either have to blow your spells to last hit (and they are pretty weak early on for doing this not to mention the fire AoE will probably damage minions that you don't want to hit, and you can't sit there and harpoon every hit) or you have to go in range and aa them. Vlad is usually vulnerable when it comes to that as well, except the people that give him a hard time are ones with range that won't also push out the lane. Rumble doesn't have an easy way of harassing him that won't also push the lane. He can get away with it vs a lot of Melee because they absolutely have to get the farm and won't be able to handle him in trades damage and range wise. I think if anything, the time to go in is around level 6-9. Probably have a better shot before level 7 if you land a good ult or his pool is down.

1) Level 2 Flamespitter still does pretty poor damage, and he can drop free harass on you with Tides, Auto attacks, and Qs.

2) You are gonna have gone back to base before you hit level 4? :\
Yeah while Rumble's CD's are down, he can't do anything to Vlad because Rumble's basically Melee at that point. Even if you get Fire back up, the only way Fire is very effective vs people is when you hit most of the duration with it. If you only manage to get half of Fire off, but have to eat his harass in exchange, it probably isn't worth it and you're probably gonna push the lane doing that.

The amount of glitches in PBE right makes me happy the patch is delayed, Karthus Ulti doesn't even cast while he is in his passive. On another note Korea's patch is due for the twelfth according to a translation from their site.
Eww PBE gay

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
AP standards:

To rush damage: dcap + sorc shoes

to rush skill spaming: AP CDR item (Evil tomb or DFG) + CDR shoes/sorc shoes + blue buff

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've been getting Merc Treads in mid lately, for the semi-early MR, and so I don't get bursted down by early Sorc Shoes, but should I invest my gold elsewhere? It made sense to me when I started doing it, but I'm curious if I could just go negatron + Sorc Shoes, and build the negatron into something better later on.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Thanks kirbywizard! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=23037258#post23037258

Sounds good to me >:3
Glad I'm getting used to playing her before she gets buffed. That will make things a cakewalk later. Just last game I was reminded of her amazing tankiness for a mage. She's a godlike baiter with low hp, at least 1 mantra up and especially with summoner heal.

edit: is Mobafire really that bad? Srsly

Top Bottom