• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Then, like others say, you might just want to pick a faceroll champ and faceroll your way out of your bad elo. Like Cass.

God I hate her.

But if you're stomping people like you say you are, just choose one who can carry super hard.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I did my 1st ranked game there the other day.

Was Brand in mid lane vs Karthus.

Our top lane Nasus fed their Gangplank and our bot lane who was Graves/Lux somehow couldn't win a lane against Garen ON HIS OWN! (Their other bot lane champ was AFK)

We lost pretty badly even though I won my lane and got fed a bit mid game.

How does Lux/Graves lose to solo Garen?!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Lux can't stand up to big brother.

I'm really beginning to like the support role. But I never know what to build past Philo, CDR boots, Aegis, and HoG.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Never die, do massive deeps.
Like a boss.

Kiting doesn't exist when you are amazing at using FLASH.

Don't listen to those plat scrubs (oh wait, dan's a goldie :p), they don't know the power of never dying and doing massive deeps. No other weakness is applicable. You're the man now, dog. Or bear. Or Tiger. Or Fire Bird. Or Turtle McNeverDie.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Was that the Janna who escaped on no health and managed to pick up like 4 kills while being chased?

Because that was sick.
Yes I think that was it. MUST FIND IT.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
MF/Sona or MF/Alistar are my dream bot lane comps for the moment. MF/Sona seems like it'd be especially good.
I like taric MF as well. Huge burst.
I'm really beginning to like the support role. But I never know what to build past Philo, CDR boots, Aegis, and HoG.
Oracles, wards, shurelias almost always good. Locket of iron solaria or new starks (zekes?) can be good dependent on your/ enemy's comp. Wards are probably the biggest thing. They are my favorite item. Also if you max CDR by a different route later, sell your CDR boots for mercs, at least if you are a tankier support. I've never played support voli, but given that he's a friggen armored bear I imagine he'd be tanky.

Also pink wards in lane are fun, people who are forced to play support don't seem to know how to deal with them, at least at whatever my low elo is. Same goes for early oracles bot if you are confident you won't die. People either place wards in the same old spots or stop buying wards completely, both of which are fine with me.

Also, any thoughts on how much the kayle buff matters? I kind of want an excuse to run her with tristana and do huge dps at level 2.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Lux can't stand up to big brother.

Oracles, Shurelya's Reverie, also could build the HoG into a Randuins if needed. Idk much about support since I mostly play jungle, but this is what I see a lot. Also Zekes Herald is possible, anything with CDR and/or aura is generally good on a support.

EDIT: Ninja'd lol

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I find myself building Iron Solari over Randuin's more and more recently.

What should I build on support if the opposing team has heavy AP? I've got my Merc treads and Aegis (always), but I feel like that's not enough. Maybe a Chalice of Spirit Visage?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Why would you play udyr jungle when you can play manbearpigphoenixtigerturtle TOP LANE!

145 damage tiger procs level 1.

Seriously though, udyr seems a lot stronger in arranged teams then solo queue, he really needs a disable to get tiger off reliably

Edit: that was supposed to be Jungle udyr, and a "a disable to get BEAR off reliably". Intended to be a comparison of jungle udyr versus top lane udyr. I need to get more sleep.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I make sure that I'm buying wards every single time I go back. I try to have 4 green on me and 2 pink (imo, best item in the game). Wards for brushes and buffs, pinks for baron/dragon, and at some point I buy oracle's to go counter-warding (Actually, jpak's streaming helped me learn where, how, and when to place my wards, so I'm grateful for that).

The active on Locket of Iron Solaria is very nice to me, and it seems to be a pretty good item. So that, after Shurelyas, I guess. Aegis before Iron Locket, or after?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
My support build is just Boots1, Shurelya's, HoG, and Aegis. Everything else is situational, including the order, IMO. That said, I usually like to get Aegis earlier. Its aura is better early-game, and delaying your HoG upgrade gives you more gold from the HoG itself.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I tend to get shurelya's before aegis if early/midgame goes well and we start forcing objectives for fights to snowball the win. Otherwise I tend to get aegis before shurelya's usually.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't know how my entire post got removed.
Anyways, Udyr is counterable, he's just a ***.

@Shrouded: Already been said, but get Reverie eventually, buy oracles, and get tons of wards.
Depending on my team comp, I'll sometimes get Randuins/Solari, but that's pretty rare since I spend most of my gold on Wards.

I'll sometimes get the other elixirs if I have excess gold, and sometimes even WotA.

My item build at the end of games usually comprises of Reverie, HoG, Lucidity, Aegis, wards, and an extra oracle in case I die. :applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
EVERYBODY BLAMES EACH OTHER in solo q

NOBODY will EVER admit to their mistakes
You're just now realizing that? I already know that when my team is fighting each other more than the enemy team, it's over. Sometimes I can tell even during champ select.

aphromoo, nhat nguyen, westrice, salce, unstoppablex new team!
Nguyen is probably a fairly common name, but yesterday I saw some autolock Yi with that name and I would swear I recognized him.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'm trying to find an exhaustive list of his nerfs, because I checked lol patch and I know there's some **** they don't have included like the range buff on his ult or how his passive doesn't work with his ult anymore.

Before his nerfs he was stupid. He still has a strong kit, but the mana nerfs you can feel now when jungling. The big nerfs were to his ult though, CD wise it got double slammed. Higher CD and I'm almost positive that his passive won't lower the CD anymore either. I don't see that listed but I'm almost positive they did that.

Hmm... now that I think about it, it may have been some PBE or whatever notes back then that I read that said that about his ult/passive. I coulda sworn they hit that. Oh well.

Either way Skarner is a bit more reasonable but his kit is still really good don't be fooled.
I mean I rush a Philo, and really the only time I'm hurting bad for mana is right after a fight. Other than that I just use Q a ton to clear camps and W if I really need to clear quick/get somewhere.
Skarner has mana problems if you're spamming Q and W (which you need to do to clear camps faster and gank). Ult is up every teamfight, but it's not up every time you gank. And if you max CDR, you've either go a really weird build or are taking your mid's blue buff (which could be okay under certain circumstances).

Also, uh, Skarner is a really good jungler, so I dunno what you're talking about.
Again, once I get Philo mana is more of a minor annoyance than a full fledged problem. If I choose not to use W on a camp then I'm back to fairly high mana.

My build is

Philo
HoG
Mercs
Shurelya's
Frozen Heart
FoN
Situational Item (usually Tri Force or Warmog's)

The order past Mercs is variable, and swap out Frozen for Randuin's when I'm playing in a game with Ryze. If that's the case then I only reach 37% after masteries.

What's a strong Phoenix Udyr build?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Are you serious? You know carry junglers are the champs most often banned. (Atleast in solo que) Actually.. I think Udyr was the #1 ban at IPL.
Well yea, I'm saying he seems a lot stronger in arranged as a jungler then in solo queue.

Also I think he was mainly banned as a top laner, but he was the number 1 ban for IPL. Not that telling the difference between "banned for jungle" and "banned for top lane" is easy, but my understanding is as of late his top lane power has been far more acknowledged.

Master Raven

Smash Master
wow from what I've been hearing the Hecarim patch is buggy as ****.

Ziggs and Karth ult do no damage (the latter only when used during his passive)
Zilean double bomb combo only does the damage for 1 bomb
Hecarim W doing true damage on blue/red buffs instead of magic
etc

no wonder it isn't out yet

Top Bottom