• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Dominion is a fantastic game mode, but nobody actually knows how to do point control in the MOBA community. I mean, look how many people dont focus on killing towers in SR. People are already garbage before they zone into crystal scar

EDIT: Just got a Cass that goes bot in Dom vs jax and tries to fight him, and then wonders why shes dying

How does he even get in range for jump without flashing? why make no HP items? aaaaagh, it's not SR holy ****

Kira-

Smash Champion
Anyways something more interesting is hotshot will likely be switching to support and chauster will go top. i dont think this is a good change, both aren't comfrotbale with the new role. the reason why chasuter initially went to support instead of hotshot is because chauster can learn/already knows support while hotshot doesnt have a clue. hotshot wanted to learn support but felt the gap between him and other top supports was too much. i thought hotshot did fine top in IPL except for the last set.

whatever, you can be a mediocre support and your team can still perform well. but if you're really good then you can help the team lots.

btw chauster is probably the best laning support in NA, laning as in he does really well in lane.
my opinion

1. chauster is so good that it feels like he's wasted talent in the support spot
2. there's nowhere else for him to be so he should probably stay the support despite it making sense for him to play other roles

3. hotshot will suck at support for too long for it to be profitable

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
OMG that is SUCH a cute dog!

5v5 Brand would be funny too.

It would be like a firey apocalypse once everyone hit Lv 6.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
5v5 Shen or Pantheon.

Whoever ults last wins!

People would just be teleporting everywhere.

Or actually, how in the hell would 5v5 Jarvan work?!

Master Raven

Smash Master
yo dawg i heard you like craters so i dunked a crater in yo crater so you could have a crater in yo crater while in yo crater

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Master Raven you were cooler when you did Fat Albert voice and played league with us. Not Craters.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I beat this AD lulu top lane as kennen yesterday and after I killed her and she respawed I called mia.

we had A lee sin and mid pantheon that were just so ballsy they they decided to go invade the enemy jungle with NO wards

enemy wawrick and cass show up. Lulu comes in and cleans up. double kill. gg.

I'm slowly coming to find out my best role is really support at Low elo because if i don't ward nobody does. and playing Janna with all the gold runes + masteries and 2 gp5s is money son. lol

Had a guy also say Magic resist mid lane teemo is better than Talon mid. LOL he was about to **** our whole team comp up just to prove it but went alistar in the end so its K

Dojo

Smash Champion
@TKBro:

Playing as nonsupport roles, I've made it a habit to buy a couple of wards almost every time I back. Generally I like to AP mid so I've set it in my mind that I'm basically playing AP mid plus support with the wards. If I'm beating my opponent by a good amount of CS or manage to pick up a kill I'll attempt to grab 3 wards and ward both sides of the river and the enemy wraith camp. If I'm not winning by a good amount I'm doing it wrong. *shrug*

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
When using Skillshots, think of it like Space Invaders.
Don't aim were they are, aim where they're gonna be. :applejack:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
And if Mogwai doesn't die early on in lane from getting camped by the jungler, how else is he gonna solo tower dive them+mid and kill them?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@Dojo I by wards to when I mid (fav spot also) but I feel like as you guys said I'm missing something else that should carry me to the heavens

I'm still working on my play calling because as of Late I have been winning all my mid lane matchups. even the onces I thought sucked (aka Fizz vs annie after level 4)

neat thing about annie is if you throw a Q with a stun and fizz hops or vlad pools. you keep the stun and Q just goes on cooldown so you can stun them one they become targetable again with W. (I'm sure everyone knew that but still)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Got bullied bot today as Trist so much. Was 0/5 at one point. Then ended the game 7\6. What the hell. We lost, but still. Need to work on getting camped by entire team.

Lovage

Smash Hero
Dominion is a fantastic game mode, but nobody actually knows how to do point control in the MOBA community. I mean, look how many people dont focus on killing towers in SR. People are already garbage before they zone into crystal scar

EDIT: Just got a Cass that goes bot in Dom vs jax and tries to fight him, and then wonders why shes dying

How does he even get in range for jump without flashing? why make no HP items? aaaaagh, it's not SR holy ****

i was hella good at point control game modes from being good at wow but i think dominion sux DIX

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
How many of those "cooldown refreshes upon kill or assist" abilities are in this game? I know of Yi's, Katarina's, and Tristana's. And when looking at the top 5 plays, I keep seeing them get quadra/pentakills with those and I'm like ಠ_ಠ

Cia

das kwl
Hecarim is really strong. All the Hec players i run into seem to carry with him.

And his ult is kinda like shyvana's where u can jump through any wall with it D:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hecarim is really strong. All the Hec players i run into seem to carry with him.

And his ult is kinda like shyvana's where u can jump through any wall with it D:
Are you on a test realm or something?
And I could tell he looked strong. My guess is that he'll be very competitively viable, and picked/banned a lot, but what do I know :3

edit: google "tons of damage" lmao http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfp6hAsC4D8

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm terrible at skill shots. How does one read people better when laning :s?
Assuming it's not a mechanical issue, which is something you can fix by yourself, it has to be something you're not thinking about or thinking about incorrectly.

First, you will not consistently read people who are better than yourself, so first step is stop being delusional about your skill level, and get better.

Second, start thinking about what motivates your targets to move around in what directions. When you know all of their options in all situations, nothing becomes a surprise and you'll be able to react more quickly each time you see one of them. Then it's a matter of doing your best at isolating their options, judging their intent, and looking for patterns in their playstyle. When you're mechanically able to judge distances and speeds, and can think several seconds ahead about where you think they'll be when your skillshot flies at them, you'll become a lot more consistent at actually landing them.

Last, all these tips people are mentioning will just confuse you until you understand why they tend to work, if they even do work, so if you don't understand them after they mentioned it, don't bother doing them until you ask and can make sense of their reasoning.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Why has there been a queue for the last few days when I login into LoL?

AKA Why have so many people been on the past few days? Is it something special im missing that made the number of LoL players increase?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
In lane a good trick for landing skillshots is to just watch your creeps health and notice when they are going to auto attack to last hit.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So I just finished my placement matches, 6/10 success rate so far. Most of the people have been well adjusted and mentally whole thankfully. Had a bag egg in 2 though.

I don't really see the whole "elo hell" aspect as of yet, just a few bad games out of several.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
well you haven't played 100+ games, can't accurately judge whether Elo Hell exists or not if your worst "sin" up to this point is forgetting to feed the cat lol

Lovage

Smash Hero
trix for landing skillshots in lane

1. kill a low hp minion and shoot your skillshot through it right as he dies.
2. hit them when they last hit (LOL)
3. sit in a bush/outside fog of war so they can't see your casting animation
4. walk behind the creep line and shoot into them (only if ur stronger)

Top Bottom