• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
adumbrodeus
you are spellsy's #1 fan right?
No, that's commando teemo, I just think he's a cool guy and watch his stream pretty regularly.

well you haven't played 100+ games, can't accurately judge whether Elo Hell exists or not if your worst "sin" up to this point is forgetting to feed the cat lol
But but, I don't even have a cat.

I do buy wards reguardless of my role though.

You're a pretty smart guy.

You probably won't ever see it.
Thanks dan, it's appreciated. Still could use solo top tutoring I think, playing a lot of MUs rather badly. More the bruisers then the APs.

Really like Kennen top though.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Or if you have pressure/the lead, forcing them against the wall with your positioning also makes it easier to land the skillshots, since it only gives them 2 ways to move.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
trix for landing skillshots in lane

1. kill a low hp minion and shoot your skillshot through it right as he dies.
2. hit them when they last hit (LOL)
3. sit in a bush/outside fog of war so they can't see your casting animation
4. walk behind the creep line and shoot into them (only if ur stronger)
I'm personally a fan of conditioning your opponent to expect one thing and then reacting accordingly when it matters (when you can get a kill), eg.:

1. To harass, you approach the creepline and throw out a skillshot (maybe at the same angle every time) then immediately back up and continue to last-hit. Most likely your opponent reacts (by backing up) every time you approach
2. When you want that kill, approach but don't do anything (as if you can't get a clear shot) and start backing up
3. As soon as your opponent turns around to come back to the creepline (because they don't expect anything to happen) you instantly turn back around and catch them offguard — if you're really confident you can do fancy stuff like flashing forward to close that gap instantly for a better shot, and then finishing them off with a combo/jungler gank

I use some variation of this to get tons of kills with the skillshot champs that I play (aka Lux) and it can really get into your opponent's head. It doesn't always work — for instance if your opponent is smart and knows your killing potential at any given point (and plays super safe) or if they're really dumb and you don't need anything beyond step 1.

It's all about trying to gauge your opponent's skill level and seeing what you can and can't get away with

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Guess what i need is just experience. I'm just being all antsy trying to get good real fast. Doing it wrong, i'ma just have fun with the game. Best way to get good imo.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Rumble is...oddly difficult to deal with? How should I deal with him as Teemo during laning?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
No, I don't have to be Teemo, lol. But I don't have the largest pool of top lane champs. I'm assuming that's bad for him?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No, I don't have to be Teemo, lol. But I don't have the largest pool of top lane champs. I'm assuming that's bad for him?
It's probably ok. You can bully him slightly early on because you have range and your AA's will do more than his fire. After a certain point however I don't think Teemo will really win unless you manage to lure him into Shrooms or he sucks at ulting/last hitting.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Thanks dan, it's appreciated. Still could use solo top tutoring I think, playing a lot of MUs rather badly. More the bruisers then the APs.

Really like Kennen top though.
We can practice 1v1 top lane matchups if you want, I'm sort of revisiting that lane as well :X.

Just add me ArcNatural and pm me if you want.

I play Udyr/Lee Sin/Vlad/Kennen/Riven top mainly. But I can try out a bunch others idc.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
climbing elo as support only is pretty rough

i try my very best to keep everyone calm, i ward for my other lanes, i ward constantly in my lane.. i keep timers for everything..

is there anything i else i could be doing? :S

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
We can practice 1v1 top lane matchups if you want, I'm sort of revisiting that lane as well :X.

Just add me ArcNatural and pm me if you want.

I play Udyr/Lee Sin/Vlad/Kennen/Riven top mainly. But I can try out a bunch others idc.
Definately, added.

My go to champs for top lane are currently Kennen, malphite, nasus, Ryze, Shen, and Udyr. Also own Akali, Fiddles, Fiora, GP, Irelia, Kayle, Lee Sin, Naut, Riven, rumble, Tryn, Wukong, and yorick, but not really confident with them.

i try my very best to keep everyone calm, i ward for my other lanes, i ward constantly in my lane.. i keep timers for everything..

Buy support carry items (aka locket, shurelya's), but those clutch heals/stuns/shields/disengages and generally be strong in teamfights. Support abilities are often amazing in teamfights, abuse them.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yes, i know. i've been hovering between 1600 and 1700 for a little while.

i guess there's really not much i can do if the other lanes go horribly, as a support =/

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

If you can get your lane mate to engage at good times/follow up on you, feeding him kills in lane is the ideal way to carry as a support. However, it can be difficult at lower ELOs. It's why a lot of people won't play dedicated support until 1700+ish.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's never gonna be good until you get past baseline platinum. But at least it isn't completely futile once you hit 1700. You can try to command your team with pings if you are decent at playcalling, but you can't carry alone.

Coney

Smash Master
It's probably ok. You can bully him slightly early on because you have range and your AA's will do more than his fire. After a certain point however I don't think Teemo will really win unless you manage to lure him into Shrooms or he sucks at ulting/last hitting.
Teemo probably beats Rumble, honestly, for the same reason he beats Singed. Rumble doesn't ramp up until level 4, and he can't really get any cs reliably before then because of Teemo's ranged AA's (well, maybe with harpoon, but lol). By establishing his dominance in the first four levels without really ever putting himself at risk, Teemo takes control early.

And even then, by the point Rumble can do reliable damage against Teemo (level...4?) he'll already have a point in Move Quick and can kite the **** out of him anyway.

idk, Teemo wins I think.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
^I tried that but my lane partner:
1. Refused to follow up on stuns because he was "playing safe" (it was against Vayne Sona btw and he was Caitlyn)
2. complained when I hit a few minions to charge my stun.

I can see why that works though if you duo queue with the understanding that we are about to go HAM bot lane.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
last night I was minding my own business destroying some poor Riven with Pantheon top, then I look down and realize we have support Annie.

"psh," I say, "****ing trolls going to cost me the game!"

then I hit tab.

4/0/6 support Annie at 15 minutes, running around with sorc boots and hextech revolver, killing every lane. ****'s OP.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
last night I was minding my own business destroying some poor Riven with Pantheon top, then I look down and realize we have support Annie.

"psh," I say, "****ing trolls going to cost me the game!"

then I hit tab.

4/0/6 support Annie at 15 minutes, running around with sorc boots and hextech revolver, killing every lane. ****'s OP.
Pakman and I discovered this a while ago. Pantheon + support Annie absolutely destroyed. I got all the cs and Annie would just burst down whoever stepped into range. The other lane never stood a chance.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
the same guy went support sion the next game.

that didn't work nearly as well, lol. we still won though, Pantheon bodies Mordekaiser. I have no idea why people insist on counterpicking themselves when I pick Pantheon early. Is it really that hard to just pick Malphite?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Support Annie is like a slightly higher utility, less gibby/rangey support LeBlanc.

EDIT: I just pick whoever I feel like playing against Pantheon and then open with 70 armor :)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Support Annie is like a slightly higher utility, less gibby/rangey support LeBlanc.

EDIT: I just pick whoever I feel like playing against Pantheon and then open with 70 armor :)
at which point I either body you anyway (80% of the time)
or
I switch with my mid and lol @ your 30 Mres vs. a caster (20% of the time)

armor's good against physical damage and all, but Pantheon's stronk as hell and you're still going to have a hell of time in lane vs. him with most of the cast, even at 70 armor level 1.

Top Bottom