• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Played my first game as blitz. He feels like an incredibly strong low-elo support. Even after a rather lackluster laning phase, only one of the carries on the other team seemed to REALLY understand how to position around my Q. Everyone else would slip up and get instagibbed after a pull. We managed to win even with our jungle ashe vs a jungle shaco. I've never felt like I've had so much ability to carry a game as a support before, except the odd exceptional alistar game.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What defines a good initiator/intiation? Who are some of the best initiators? I think I know some of it, but I'm sure there are more high level details that I'm missing out.

Like, of the characters I play, I think Volibear is the only one that can initiate, and his initiate isn't even good most of the time because it requires him to run right up to the opponent and fling them, which is easily seen and stopped.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Initiates often come best from capitalising on a mistake,
Like, let's say Morgana just used her Q, depending on who I'm using, INSTANT INITIATION.

Ashe, Nocturne, Udyr (w/flash), everyone with a stun/hard cc (w/flash)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
how does vlad do vs panth
Panth gets a CS advantage in the first 10 minutes or so if left to their own devices. Then vlad catches up at like 17-18 minutes and then ***** Panth 1v1 for the rest of the game.

Assuming the Vlad knows to go 9/21/0 with armor quints and cloth opening. Which shockingly enough, most vlads don't know, in which case I snowball on them and **** them sideways, but a decent vlad with a counter spec is pretty impossible to deal with.

Turazrok

Smash Master
How do I come back as AD assuming solo que and everyone on team is crap/uncooperative? Any specific buys? Or just turtle till teamfights?

Kira-

Smash Champion
But... my cooldowns are a lot shorter than his early game. Why can't I take advantage of that and beat him?
idk theorycraft doesnt matter

im taking personal experience only, i walk all over a lot of champs who are supposed to beat vlad and my vlad is honestly terrible

some examples would be cass, ryze, nid, i have zero problems with them early and even less problems as I get lvl 5 Q and spellvamp

Kira-

Smash Champion
Panth gets a CS advantage in the first 10 minutes or so if left to their own devices. Then vlad catches up at like 17-18 minutes and then ***** Panth 1v1 for the rest of the game.

Assuming the Vlad knows to go 9/21/0 with armor quints and cloth opening. Which shockingly enough, most vlads don't know, in which case I snowball on them and **** them sideways, but a decent vlad with a counter spec is pretty impossible to deal with.
I would counter rune more often if I had 30 rune pages, which honestly if i had 30 I would find a need for every single one

but thx for the reply havent had to face a panth yet

Flayl

Smash Hero
I already ran out of mastery pages and I use 6 champs (2 of them can jungle and lane) regularly. Sometimes I have to take my support page and do a quick reset and fill it out to try out new champs.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It might be easier to just redo the mastery page during champ select instead or trying to remember which mastery page is what

MacD

Banned via Administration
idk theorycraft doesnt matter

im taking personal experience only, i walk all over a lot of champs who are supposed to beat vlad and my vlad is honestly terrible

some examples would be cass, ryze, nid, i have zero problems with them early and even less problems as I get lvl 5 Q and spellvamp
my nid vs your vlad, let's go!

also i could do cassi i think too

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I made the mistake of making masteries for general purposes but then champions sometimes use different masteries despite being the same role, and then there's using masteries to counter-cp (ie using full mr runes + def masteries against lb mid) that i find it easier to do masteries at champ select so i know what masteries i'm using cause i would edit masteries anyways that i never had them constant.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Can't believe I'm asking, but anyone have tips for Tryn? I'm mainly looking for a good build order, and I guess general "how to's" as well. I'll look on solomid as well, I'm just scouting. I figure if he's so OP and easy (at my level, I mean), I should be able to carry myself pretty far, right?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
He's good at low ELO's because most players don't know how to fight him 1v1. Especially at 6. If you understand the intricacies of his Ult then you should be able to get kills without dying yourself.

:phone:

Turazrok

Smash Master
I am currently at 1200 elo. What is he hardest carry I can play? I can't find antimage on the character select screen? And ranged AD isn't cutting it.

:phone:

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I have about 3 or 4 mastery pages that stay the same. But I continually have to change around the rest in champ select for different champs.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll probably be switching to Dota 2.

Just letting everyone know... :(

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dota 2 just seems.... better. Better designed, etc, etc, etc...

I don't like the direction League is heading in. Their business model isn't sustainable. They don't seem to care about competitive play as much as they should.

Dota 2 is receiving tons of welcome in asia- similar to what happened with starcraft in its early stages. Just seems like a smart move to switch to Dota while the scene in the US is still very small.

You guys should switch too. x_____x

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Well, I do have the beta, but it just lost my interest immediately for some reason. Dota1 was more appealing, but LoL is more fun now that I'm used to it. :x

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If dota 2 ends up the most popular, then it'll end up with the same community lol has. I'll just stay with whats most popular.

Lovage

Smash Hero
dota 2 will make a tiny dent but league is gonna be king for a long time as far as i can tell (exceptions being ASIA)

but yea @ dangrs post. the standards in design and quality in dota are miles above league. it's in the middle of beta and it's already 100x prettier and more polished than league (IMO I GUESS)

gameplay wise it is extremely sick, but i'm not gonna make any big judgements yet because i've only put 80 hours into the beta

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
>champ select, realize I have that glitch where I can't see champs and am forced to random
>random Shen, ok
>Yorick decides from the get go that we lose
>decides to "troll" us and intentionally feeds
>I can't even report him postgame because pvpnet is continuing to be glitchy

:|

Top Bottom