• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
No seriously, people DO find this a problem right? There is just SO much RNG in that game. It's not comparable to "every character in league having a get out of jail free card." Passives that just add mana regen or +agility doesn't really add much to the gameplay, nor does a passive to do a 25% stun or a 25% dodge, or a skill that does 200-400 damage.

I would like to add that I do have fun playing it, so I'm not bashing it or anything for the DotA fanboys in the thread, but I'm just pointing out some design issues I don't like about the game.
Come to think about it, I've been playing LoL so much that I forgot that in DotA your character's autoattacks do x to y damage, while in LoL you do the same exact damage every attack. And... it's true that some spells do (200 to 400 or whatever) damage but I think most of them are consistent.

My biggest complaints right now with LoL, as I think I've mentioned, are
1. Flash is a must-have 99% of the time, whereas in DotA characters with Blink are balanced around it, or they could spend a large quantity of gold to get the Blink Dagger.
2. Respawning nexuses etc. means that games can easily take way too ****ing long in LoL if one team is good at turtling

Lovage

Smash Hero
I look at it as melee with LoL as Brawl.
league is NOT that bad sorry
i've tried to find the right comparison in my head for dota and league, but there isn't really one to be honest. one game is dota 2, one game is league. i've already posted saying how i think dotas way sicker, but leagues still a really good game lol and NO WHERE as bad as brawl was.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I use ghost on Singed and Yi. And Evelynn. Other than those three, I usually take flash.

Exhaust/Ignite isn't bad either, is it?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I think summoners are dependent on playstyle and game goals as well as character. Ex. I'd take exhaust or heal over CV as support if I was trying to snowball early, but I'd take CV (generally) if the team game-plan was more to stall for mid/late game. The same applies for flash, I've seen peoplerun heal/ignite top to try to get a kill in their lane and snowball.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
dewd i know three of the people in that video
takicodos!

i recognize stonewall as "that jungle guide guy"

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Why would he put up a game riddled with DCs? Lol.

Their Cass was d/c like every 5 minutes, and our AD was at 600 latency all game (and I was at 12 fps at the start, lol). But I guess he did well.

And I did awesome for my first game in 2 weeks! Also I sincerely think Riven can do very well against Lee Sin top if she picks her battles right. It's really hard for him to land his Q if you jump around all over the place.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think it was just bad because the Cass didn't get the farm she needed/kept DC'ing.
Not sure though, I know next to nothing about AP whatsoever. :applejack:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Why would he put up a game riddled with DCs? Lol.

Their Cass was d/c like every 5 minutes, and our AD was at 600 latency all game (and I was at 12 fps at the start, lol). But I guess he did well.

And I did awesome for my first game in 2 weeks! Also I sincerely think Riven can do very well against Lee Sin top if she picks her battles right. It's really hard for him to land his Q if you jump around all over the place.

It's hard to do anything when she hops around, she's a stupid champ Juan lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Can't wait for a Riven nerf. Hate that champion with a passion when I have to lane against her. :applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Maybe they're trying to sell that battle bunny riven skin before they nerf her :O

What exactly is OP about her, btw? I understand that high mobility is a huge benefit to a champ, but she does need to be in melee range for all of her abilities except the second part of her ult.

edit: i'm about to play Shen vs riven top woo
Sivir/MF/Anivia/Jungle Lee/Shen
good teamcomp.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just went 8/0/5 as Sejuani in twenty minutes.
It feels good to be on the other end of the "team isn't playing smart" spectrum. :applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
good teamcomp.

Shen's OP. Riven and Xin could gang up on me (near my turret) and I would give 0 ****s. And then get a double kill. I have no idea why they would turret dive someone with GA, but I didn't even blow the GA. I ended up blowing it on a teamfight near dragon, which gave my team time to kill 3 of them at the loss of my GA... and then they surrendered.
I suppose the Riven was bad (and had connection issues apparently) but still Shen's kinda dumb. Not only is he hard to kill, but he's sooooooo easy to last hit with.

For my last item, I was gonna go Rylai's or Frozen Mallet. I hear FM is better, but I suppose the extra shield for my ult from Rylai's would help, as well as slowing people with Q? :/

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I was under the impression that even if you didn't build AP on him, his ult was still a massive shield. Isn't it like 850 at lvl 3?

I also thought I remembered hearing that AP Shen sucked, but I'm not sure. But I do like him. He's a beast.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Maybe they're trying to sell that battle bunny riven skin before they nerf her :O

What exactly is OP about her, btw? I understand that high mobility is a huge benefit to a champ, but she does need to be in melee range for all of her abilities except the second part of her ult.

good teamcomp.
No mana costs, isn't punished that hard for going straight up AD because her shield scales well with AD, her mobility is good enough that vs a lot of characters she can afford to go in with 1 of her spells, do stun and some damage, and then use the other spell to get out. Her mobility is good enough to go in or get out of danger, and there's no penalty for abusing it. Even Udyr can't spam Turtle Bear etc non stop without running out of mana sometime.

Sion shield is solid without AP, but the good scaling on it makes him even more annoying. 100 150 etc up to 300

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Sion shield is solid without AP, but the good scaling on it makes him even more annoying. 100 150 etc up to 300
Talking about Shen :o

And the reasons for Riven being OP makes sense, I find it easy to harass with her with shield->stun->broken wings away or something.
How would you nerf her without making her terrible? Should she have a resource system like mana or energy?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Giving her mana would probably get to the root of the issue, right? So then she wouldn't be able to just spam her stuff. The idea of her having an AP scaling shield sounds too harsh, but maybe reduce the ratio?

Lux's base stats really suck, lol.

john!

Smash Hero
i'm at 1360 elo now. over 300 point loss in less than two weeks and 100 games. i try to win every game and rarely surrender.

i'm just laughing right now because i know that the further down i go, the harder it will be for you all to pretend that i "deserve to be at my elo".

how desperate will you be to justify to yourself that the world MUST be fair? that luck doesn't exist?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
i'm at 1360 elo now. over 300 point loss in less than two weeks and 100 games. i try to win every game and rarely surrender.

i'm just laughing right now because i know that the further down i go, the harder it will be for you all to pretend that i "deserve to be at my elo".

how desperate will you be to justify to yourself that the world MUST be fair? that luck doesn't exist?
the problem is probably that if you are winning your own lane you aren't ganking the crap out of the other lanes or making comments in all chat that provoke the enemy team into raging at eachother early on

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
?

Why are you worrying about these people's opinions if you know they are wrong? That doesn't make much sense to me.

And I have no idea what you are trying to get at in your last statement.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
I dont understand this logic. Elo is a system where you get points for winning and lose points for losing, wherever your at thats where you are supposed to be since all it does it give/take points.

But anyways, who would say is the best top in the current meta? Imo its either udyr, lee, or riven. Shen would also be up there, since he is a very safe pick.

voorhese

Smash Master
So, I am trying to make the switch to unlocked screen, and it makes my map awareness worse for the moment. I have to spend so much focus on making sure i can see everything that I don't look at the right stuff. The biggest problem I having is that when I play on locked screen I tend to just hold the right click button down a little bit in the direction I want to go, and then because my camera follows me I continue to move. However obviously while I have my screen unlocked I just move to the spot I am holding my mouse at. Also when I try to move my camera in a hurry it goes all over the place, and a bit ago when I was just practicing movement/lasthitting I would get my mouse caught on my bar at the bottom (which I already shrunk to give myself more vision while on locked screen) any advice besides "hurrr durrr practice", like actual tips?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
There is an option in Video, I think, that alters the speed of mouse scrolling. I set mine to extremely slow, so that if my mouse gets caught or something, I won't be completely disoriented. This is pretty much the only thing I have, besides more practice. Sorry.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So, I am trying to make the switch to unlocked screen, and it makes my map awareness worse for the moment. I have to spend so much focus on making sure i can see everything that I don't look at the right stuff. The biggest problem I having is that when I play on locked screen I tend to just hold the right click button down a little bit in the direction I want to go, and then because my camera follows me I continue to move. However obviously while I have my screen unlocked I just move to the spot I am holding my mouse at. Also when I try to move my camera in a hurry it goes all over the place, and a bit ago when I was just practicing movement/lasthitting I would get my mouse caught on my bar at the bottom (which I already shrunk to give myself more vision while on locked screen) any advice besides "hurrr durrr practice", like actual tips?
Turn your mouse sensitivity down. When you want to move the screen you sort of flick your mouse on the edge. Don't keep it on the edge long at all just barely touch the edge to move the screen, then move the mouse away, then touch the edge again. Hard to explain :/.

voorhese

Smash Master
@shrouded I have thought about this and you are right it does make it feel nicer to me, but I am afraid It makes me spend more time doing it, and therefor defeats the purpose of doing it to a degree.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
There is no "best" top. It's all just a giant cluster**** of counterpicks because there are so many strong top lane champs. Lee Sin and Udyr I think are regarded as the safest picks though, as is Olaf (though he's just good in lane phase imo).

:phone:

Top Bottom