• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
^#DWAM #Shotsfired

I'm about to spend the rest of this month learning how to play Kayle in every position except support.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
False!

The King of the Jungle is wise enough to know that he will never know everything about anything.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I hope to never play against your rammus...

So watching Dyrus' stream he comments on a viewer saying "Hey Dyrus, why do I always have to sit through 6 ads every hour" and Dyrus responds with "Just get ****ing ad blocker jeez." I lost it lol. (of course then later he explains not to use adblocker if you want to support him).
Might be better to say "3 minute break, go refill your snacks and stuff to waste another hour with me"

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Did I mention that more of you should play with me? Yeah, you should!
I probably have some of you added on LoL but can't remember who's who because everyone's name is different!
Also I'd prefer to play with people that don't rage.

Omni

BRoomer
I ain't even mad, I'm just saying it's absurd to call yourself King of the Jungle while constantly looking for pointers on jungling.
No one even mad.

But in a ever-growing meta-game, the only people who are really good at what they do are usually those who constantly seek information. The whole point of being good in LoL is to realize you suck and that there is always a way to improve.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
No one even mad.

But in a ever-growing meta-game, the only people who are really good at what they do are usually those who constantly seek information. The whole point of being good in LoL is to realize you suck and that there is always a way to improve.
Sure, but it's also pretentious to call yourself king of the jungle. 'King of X' implies being very very good at X, not trying your damnedest to understand X. And hell, even if you're awesome at X, it's still pretentious to call yourself 'King of X.' You're a student of the jungle and your drive is impressive, but you're not king of the jungle and it's downright silly to call yourself that. That's literally all I'm saying.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why isnt Malphite used more? With champs like Kog and Vayne at the top of their game right now, you'd think people would be all over him.

Omni

BRoomer
Sure, but it's also pretentious to call yourself king of the jungle. 'King of X' implies being very very good at X, not trying your damnedest to understand X. And hell, even if you're awesome at X, it's still pretentious to call yourself 'King of X.' You're a student of the jungle and your drive is impressive, but you're not king of the jungle and it's downright silly to call yourself that. That's literally all I'm saying.
It's the kind of pretentious that occurs when baseball players lift their bat to the crowd before a pitch. I like that.

Mind you, it's self-proclaimed. Take it for what it is, but as someone who has fully accepted that they are clearly not anywhere near being the top you should probably stop taking it so literal.

I am the King of the Jungle, Mogwai. You will learn this with time. :smirk:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I use jungle Malphite a lot. He's extremely fun, and really cripples the hell out of the AD Champs in a team fight.

It's funny though, the role I do the most is jungle, but I use NONE of the characters that Omni uses from his list, save for Rammus, and now only on RARE occasions.

Omni, we need to double jungle sometime. :applejack:

Omni

BRoomer
I use jungle Malphite a lot. He's extremely fun, and really cripples the hell out of the AD Champs in a team fight.

It's funny though, the role I do the most is jungle, but I use NONE of the characters that Omni uses from his list, save for Rammus, and now only on RARE occasions.

Omni, we need to double jungle sometime. :applejack:
Because you're a crazy man, bro'.

Skarner, Udyr, Lee Sin, Shyvana, Nocturne, WW, Trundle, Maokai, Nautilus, Pantheon, Mundo, Amumu, and recently Malphite. You've got to be using one of these dudes.

Double jungle? But, but... my farm... :scared:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
For jungle I use Shyvana, Nautilus, Sejuani, Skarner, Malphite, Lee Sin, Riven, Kayle, Warwick, Nocturne, Nunu, Rammus, GP, and Fiddles.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just did solo top with Karma, laning against an Ashe and Malphite. It was scary as hell at first, but our jungle Trundle ganked and I killed Ashe and from there it was easy. Ended up going 2/0/6 and the enemy team surrendered at 20 (not really because of me, my whole team was doing pretty well). I was the only one who didn't die :D
tl;dr Karma too good. And games are so boring when people surrender at 20. It wasn't even CLOSE to a steamroll so I have no idea why they did. -_-

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Because you're a crazy man, bro'.

Skarner, Udyr, Lee Sin, Shyvana, Nocturne, WW, Trundle, Maokai, Nautilus, Pantheon, Mundo, Amumu, and recently Malphite. You've got to be using one of these dudes.

Double jungle? But, but... my farm... :scared:
Yeah man, it's friggin' bogus. The only one I use that you use too is Malphite.
I use Rammus (rarely now since he's popular/banned), Malphite, Mordekaiser (I have more wins than losses with him), Sejuani, Poppy, Evelyn (not really though, because people dodge :(), Master Yi, Nasus (rarely), and Tryn (rarely, and only because one of my friends irl decided to buy him on my account without my consent as a joke).

I DID pick up Shyvana, but I don't like her, and I've tried and bought Udyr, but he's so goddamn boring. The only thing I do as Udyr is jungle, and if I'm on Skype, keep obnoxiously shouting "I'm a BEAR/BIRD". I tried Trundle once, and he's definitely fun, but not a champion I'd commit to learning.

Right now, I'm mostly jungling with Sejauni, Morde, Poppy, Yi, Malphite, and Rammus.
Poppy doesn't count though, because I use her for everything now. I just need to figure out how to mid lane with her.

Not joking by the way. **** the meta.

Oh, and your farm? We'll compensate the loss of gold with the blood of our victims. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I would've played League last night with Dphat, but there was a large dosage of alcohol involved in my affairs. :applejack:

I would've yelled that so many times.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I used to jungle Evelynn, but then I stopped cuz I lost too much lol. Idk if it's that Im terrible with Eve, or if she's just that bad haha.

Omni

BRoomer
I used to jungle Evelynn, but then I stopped cuz I lost too much lol. Idk if it's that Im terrible with Eve, or if she's just that bad haha.
That's how I felt with Jungle Twitch.

I have never been so angry at myself and life.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I lost a lot as Jungle Eve too.
One of the funny things I'd try is go Cloth + Ward + Pots, ward their red, get my blue+wolves, and then get to their red and steal.

Usually goes well if I can get the kill/buff and then W away. :applejack:

Eve really sucks though. It's extremely frustrating. Which is a shame, she's another one of my favorite characters to play behind Poppy.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I probably have some of you added on LoL but can't remember who's who because everyone's name is different!
I like your avatar a lot. Add me, I'm faithkeeper, we'll play some games.

And games are so boring when people surrender at 20. It wasn't even CLOSE to a steamroll so I have no idea why they did. -_-
If you can get one person to die over and over their team will yell at them for being a feeder (even though they are worth less and less each time) and rage will commence, usually resulting in a quick surrender. I still have mixed feelings about being told my laning opponent is a feeder when I play well.

But for some reason at my elo many people still don't understand it's better to miss a bunch of cs and exp going b than it is to risk death, then miss a bunch of cs and exp anyway.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I played Jungle Yi yesterday or something without looking up any guides. It was stupidly easy, he just kills everything really quickly and then heals himself. Then I built Mejai's Soulstealer and Guardian Angel but we won the game before I got many kills/assists. That always happens v_v

john!

Smash Hero
Any pro tips for jungle amumu? He's not premabanned at my terrible elo anymore so I've been wanting to stomp with him. Mostly what's the optimum rune setup and should I be using w or e for faster jungling?
i max e first

other than armor yellows the rest of your runes are pretty flexible

the hardest part about jungle mumu is making sure your whole team is there to guard your first blue and give a good leash

regrowth is generally a better start than cloth/5 or boots because it gives you an early philo (mana regen is good for the worst-case scenario of your first blue getting stolen)

oh and you CAN gank before 6 ;)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
i'm at 1360 elo now. over 300 point loss in less than two weeks and 100 games. i try to win every game and rarely surrender.

i'm just laughing right now because i know that the further down i go, the harder it will be for you all to pretend that i "deserve to be at my elo".

how desperate will you be to justify to yourself that the world MUST be fair? that luck doesn't exist?
One thing I can suggest is MAYBE your frustration is getting in the way of effective play.

Perhaps more effective habits will help, as I've said before, you'd be surprised what can be carried.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
At the same time, this is a team game. There is only so much one can do to support his awful team and carry them to victory. I don't know many people who are good at 1v5s. =\

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
If only you had an EU account. :(

Top Bottom