• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Kayle's base damage is very high on her E, but she scales miserably until very very late game. The massacre of her heal/movement speed buff is still one of Riot's stupidest nonsensical "balances" to date.

john!

Smash Hero
John the world is after you, please kill yourself and end your miserable life.
the words of a man whose league of legends achievements are his life's greatest

and who is extremely upset at me for proving how meaningless those achievements are :ohwell:

honestly i have never seen anyone act so cocky about a digital number. it must mean the world to you.

voorhese

Smash Master
1st time playing cait: faithkeeper supported me with lulu, great success. i went 8/0/5 with 192 cs at the 25 minute mark (a little lower than usual cuz i went boots early cuz they had crank, so i had to get used to her AA animation with boots instead of dorans so less room for error) we ***** lane though, and I only had to use my flash once and it was on a gank on us that I ended up getting 2 kills on =) cait is fun.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
the words of a man whose league of legends achievements are his life's greatest

and who is extremely upset at me for proving how meaningless those achievements are :ohwell:

honestly i have never seen anyone act so cocky about a digital number. it must mean the world to you.
LUL says the guy who's crying about such digital numbers. I love how hypocritical you are. If elo doesn't matter to you then why ***** and cry about it. If it's so meaningless then why do you have to prove to everyone how good you are?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kayle's base damage is very high on her E, but she scales miserably until very very late game. The massacre of her heal/movement speed buff is still one of Riot's stupidest nonsensical "balances" to date.
Wait, so they nerfed it, and now they're buffing it back up? O_o

Is there anywhere I can find a list of what champs were "reworked" and what the reworks did? I couldn't find anything on the wiki.

john!

Smash Hero
LUL says the guy who's crying about such digital numbers. I love how hypocritical you are. If elo doesn't matter to you then why ***** and cry about it. If it's so meaningless then why do you have to prove to everyone how good you are?
there's a big difference between "wanting to be able to play fun, fair, challenging games of league and not waste my time" and "harassing others and degrading their opinions because their elo isn't high enough"

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I understand you john. After 9000000000000 ranked games I've gotten over it though.

I'm sure at some point you'll realise there's not much point stressing out over it and carrying bads is pretty good for your ego; even if you're at 1400 elo going hybrid pantheon. Actually, especially if you're at 1400 elo with hybrid pantheon.

Time to row row fight the power.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
So my 5v5 ranked team is now ranked. Were 5-0 but some teams have worse win/loss ratios than ours and are higher than us. Why is this? We think its cause our wins just weren't as good or something idk.

L__

Smash Master
so when laning against a nid what do I do?

I think against nid i've lost my lane every single time and laning as nid i've won it

then there's like the unsure time after where I just keep pushing as nid and idk

general tips/strats?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dodge her spears and constantly poke until she's oom, then jump her for damage.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The old AP nids used to....

Nid is ranged.... She beats up non-ranged folks.
But she has a hard time against anyone with ranged burst... especially if they have cc.

Pantheon and Jarv (imo) give her a run for her money. Kennen just out sustains. Ryze gets extremely scary for nid, especially when she can die in one snare with a jungler about....

Weird characters do okay against her... Master Yi doesn't give much of a **** after the first few levels... I'd say WW wouldn't either.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
No. They save the mana for heal. The only time AD Nidalee will spear is in a fight. Nidalee's one of those characters you have to beat early on because she can snowball crazy hard, but once she falls behind, there is no catching up.

Make use of the brush against Nidalee to ensure she doesn't control it for her passive. If she starts putting traps in there, she's using up a good chunk of mana and less heal puts a huge dent in her harrass and 1v1. Making her spam traps is good for you, just don't ever touch those traps. The debuff is giant and she will kill you.

Basically, make her afraid to use cougar after 6. The fear will prevent her from wanting to use cougar's strong base damage to harrass, making her super easy for pretty much the rest of the game.

Matchup-wise, pick an overpowered character or a strong early burster or a generic overpowered bullcrap tanky AP that horribly needs nerfing. Farmers like Irelia or Singed get absolutely manhandled by Nidalee.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
I think I'm pretty much done on NA server, finally got a lvl 30 eu acc. So don't know if you see me much online anymore ;O.

I hope they implent server change real soon though, I spent so much money on my NA acc D:

Lovage

Smash Hero
making the right choice, playing with high latency BLOWS

riot will never implement server transfer, they love money a lot

Bartolon

Smash Lord
making the right choice, playing with high latency BLOWS

riot will never implement server transfer, they love money a lot
I think they will eventually, but probably when season 3 comes around, lol.

Bartolon I'll play with you if you like.

I am on the EU server.

My name is "Demneo"
I'll add you when I come back home. I am not playing normals alot, more focusing on ranked (1071 elo! LOL)
Roflstomping through.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
john, thank you for feeding and provoking dphat all the time.

You could man up and just ignore dphat's obvious trolling, but that's just too easy.
Thank you for taking it seriously because it just makes dphat troll you more, and frankly that **** is funny.

john too good at the internet.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Okay, my thoughts on Jungle Mantheon and Godalius:

Jungle Pant:
- 7/10.
- Incredibly strong ganks. He can Flash from enemy Wraiths corner and kill mid nearly every time wile taking a hit or two from turret due to his passive.
- One of the few Junglers that can gank bot lane efficiently. He can ignore river wards to the same extent as Nocturne. I would argue that he ganks bot on equal terms as Nocturne. His 'R' forces a lot of flashes and usually doesn't hit, but he can shut off escape paths very easily.
- Super squishy even with semi-bruiser build. Early game he's scary especially if fed, but I can literally feel him dropping as the game progresses into team fights. After he blows his load with WQE you're pretty much just useless since his auto-attacks are very slow.

Overall: Reminds me a lot like Shaco. I think I like him better than Shaco. Strong early game champ, but I don't think he's good for carrying bad teammates since bad teammates usually forces the game into lategame. Oh, and he is freaking GDLK with Ryze. Ryze/Pant mid needs to be the new meta.

Jungle Naut: 8.5/10

- Reminds me of Amumu except he's better at picking off one or two champs as opposed to the entire team. His utility is ****ing ridiculous. Like end game I feel invincible. W up? Tank damage no problem. AD carry getting jumped? Auto-attack, E, or Ult no problem.
- Early game like Amumu is balls. His ganks are way better than Amumu's early game, but Amumu clears his camps much faster.
- Entirely Blue reliant. Got heavy counterjungled? Enjoy being 3 levels behind their enemy support (exaggeration). Invade him, like Amumu, and he's just... ****ed.

Overall: I like him, alot. Sorta' like a crossbreed of Maokai and Amumu. He gets Amumu's bandage toss, Maokai's slow, and Maokai's snare with more umph (ult). If he could do some more damage oh man... maybe I should find a tanky/carry build for him. god, so much CC.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
@Xaltis - Everyone has a hidden ranked 5s Elo that gets tracked across all teams that they are a part of. If a bunch of people with high hidden Elos place, they will start out higher than a team of fresh 5s (and face better opponents).

:phone:

john!

Smash Hero
john, thank you for feeding and provoking dphat all the time.

You could man up and just ignore dphat's obvious trolling, but that's just too easy.
Thank you for taking it seriously because it just makes dphat troll you more, and frankly that **** is funny.

john too good at the internet.
it's only trolling if you say things that you don't actually mean :cool:

Omni

BRoomer
9 Armor Red
9 Flat Armor Yellow
9 MR Blue
3 Armor Quints

Do these look like a good rune page for both Amumu and Rammus?

Edit: Is going all armor runes viable on any junglers? does not having the MR per LVL runes really hurt?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
9 Armor Red
9 Flat Armor Yellow
9 MR Blue
3 Armor Quints

Do these look like a good rune page for both Amumu and Rammus?
Assuming all your Armor is flat and your Mres is scaling, it's a good Amumu page. It can work as a Rammus page too, but frankly, I think you're better off with AS Reds on Rammus since he leans on attacking camps to clear them. If you only have 1 page for the both of them, I'd advocate AS Reds over Armor Reds, but either would work I suppose.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
depends on your opening item. I run regrowth opening on mumu, so you kinda need the armor quints to stay high HP during your jungle run.

on rammus... well, I guess I'm a janky rammus, but I just don't buy into those pure tank builds, they simply don't work for me. I run 21/0/9 on rammus, AS Reds, ArPen Quints, and just open cloth -> wriggle's.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I hope to never play against your rammus...

So watching Dyrus' stream he comments on a viewer saying "Hey Dyrus, why do I always have to sit through 6 ads every hour" and Dyrus responds with "Just get ****ing ad blocker jeez." I lost it lol. (of course then later he explains not to use adblocker if you want to support him).

Omni

BRoomer
40+ Armor Rune Page for Amumu, Rammus, and Malphite.

I hope my body can take it.

Top Bottom