• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Xaltis

Smash Hero
So Sona with Sorcerer Boots + Tear + Rylas + Rabadon's + Lych Bane and 20 stack Mejais.

Then use Q for your 3rd spell to activate power chord and hit a turret. It takes half the turrets HP in 1 hit. = D

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Dear god I agree with this title. Seeing a good Nautilus is knowing that at least one member of your team is destined for the grave. Mid game skirmishes are just plain stupid.

In other news, can someone explain to me why Skarner isn't OP? I often hear mana problems cited as a big issue, but I rush a Philo and that takes care of them easily with good management. Other than that, it seems like he's a early/mid-game terror (only champs I'm really afraid of are udyr, lee, and riven) and a strong tank late game. And with max CDR, ult is up for every fight. Plus Shurelya's OP on him (works during his ult, or just to reach someone).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm trying to find an exhaustive list of his nerfs, because I checked lol patch and I know there's some **** they don't have included like the range buff on his ult or how his passive doesn't work with his ult anymore.

Before his nerfs he was stupid. He still has a strong kit, but the mana nerfs you can feel now when jungling. The big nerfs were to his ult though, CD wise it got double slammed. Higher CD and I'm almost positive that his passive won't lower the CD anymore either. I don't see that listed but I'm almost positive they did that.

Hmm... now that I think about it, it may have been some PBE or whatever notes back then that I read that said that about his ult/passive. I coulda sworn they hit that. Oh well.

Either way Skarner is a bit more reasonable but his kit is still really good don't be fooled.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
In other news, can someone explain to me why Skarner isn't OP? I often hear mana problems cited as a big issue, but I rush a Philo and that takes care of them easily with good management. Other than that, it seems like he's a early/mid-game terror (only champs I'm really afraid of are udyr, lee, and riven) and a strong tank late game. And with max CDR, ult is up for every fight. Plus Shurelya's OP on him (works during his ult, or just to reach someone).[/COLOR]
Skarner has mana problems if you're spamming Q and W (which you need to do to clear camps faster and gank). Ult is up every teamfight, but it's not up every time you gank. And if you max CDR, you've either go a really weird build or are taking your mid's blue buff (which could be okay under certain circumstances).

Also, uh, Skarner is a really good jungler, so I dunno what you're talking about.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh god why do I even try draft mode.
"dildoparty" calls solo top even though he's 4th pick. Top two guys are premade and say "no." Party refuses to do anything but solo top kayle. Eventually we make some terrible team and somebody queue dodges.
Something similar happens again with the same guy next game, then another queue dodge. Now I'm waiting a bit to make sure I don't see him again. Why isn't there a freaking kick option in LoL? Like a pregame report, with the notation "huge douchebag"

Frolossus

Smash Lord
oh god why do I even try draft mode.
"dildoparty" calls solo top even though he's 4th pick. Top two guys are premade and say "no." Party refuses to do anything but solo top kayle. Eventually we make some terrible team and somebody queue dodges.
Something similar happens again with the same guy next game, then another queue dodge. Now I'm waiting a bit to make sure I don't see him again. Why isn't there a freaking kick option in LoL? Like a pregame report, with the notation "huge douchebag"
if you play draft mode you want to duo queue or premake so you get pick priority

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Yeah, I prefer later picks so I can counterpick my lane. Which is unfortunate because I duo almost every time I play. Having someone you can rely on is worth it though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
gangplank is still a strong/cheesy top.

Oranges are pretty ridiculous and I see riot coming along and nerfing it (although he isn't on the popular rotation right now) purely because they forgot they have a character with a 300 odd health heal with a 1:1 AP ratio (even with the cooldown being somewhat ridiculous)

Also I've come to realise that I love mogwai.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
So Sona with Sorcerer Boots + Tear + Rylas + Rabadon's + Lych Bane and 20 stack Mejais.

Then use Q for your 3rd spell to activate power chord and hit a turret. It takes half the turrets HP in 1 hit. = D
Wait, I thought AP doesn't affect Power Chord. "After casting 3 spells, Sona's next attack deals extra 8 + (10 × level) magic damage." And having Q active just "doubles the damage of Power Chord."

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Thanks kirbywizard! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=23037258#post23037258

Sounds good to me >:3
Glad I'm getting used to playing her before she gets buffed. That will make things a cakewalk later. Just last game I was reminded of her amazing tankiness for a mage. She's a godlike baiter with low hp, at least 1 mantra up and especially with summoner heal.

edit: is Mobafire really that bad? Srsly
Just use the Solomid guides if your trying out, a lot of guides in Mobafire are very questionable. Not to mention many of the indeph guides made by higher elo characters such as Reginald can be found on solo mid.

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=1691

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So I tried this new strat out where Dphat carries me hard then my internet goes out.

Needs a little work I'll have to do some more research

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
>playing support volibear
>doing pretty well, team is winning teamfights and pushes pretty hard
>ninja tabi, randuins, frozen heart, shurelya's, wit's end
>start to make black cleaver for my last item for armor pen
>we end up somehow losing
>fiddle suddenly rages and calls us all noobs and says AD volibear is the newbest thing he's ever seen

:mad:
Was it really that bad of an idea?

god peoples' attitudes sometimes. Still not as bad as dota though.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Thanks kirbywizard! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=23037258#post23037258

Sounds good to me >:3
Glad I'm getting used to playing her before she gets buffed. That will make things a cakewalk later. Just last game I was reminded of her amazing tankiness for a mage. She's a godlike baiter with low hp, at least 1 mantra up and especially with summoner heal.

edit: is Mobafire really that bad? Srsly
My standard build on Karma is 2-3 drings -> Sorc Shoes -> Dcap OR 2-3 drings -> negatron -> sorc Shoes -> Abyssal

Aim for Abyssal, Dcap, and Hourglass so that you can trololo people by getting low HP and then surprise buttsehksing them with your massive deceptive HP pool. Last 2 items should be a mix of ryali's, void staff, WotA and Morello's based on your needs. RoA's good on Karma too, but the mana feels sorta wasted and it's hard to fluidly get your deathcap if you rush roa since you then need resists to actually be tanky. I just find when I go RoA that I'm getting dcap at like 30-35 minutes and that's just wayyyy later than I'm comfy with.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
How useful are WotA and Rylai's on Karma really? Isn't all her stuff aoe so the slow and spellvamp are a lot less?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
AoE spell vamp is still really useful. AoE slow not so much, but it is noticeable.

I just watched Scarra 1v4 in solo que ranked with Midraka and he killed everyone cause they couldn't kill him.

john!

Smash Hero
250 elo loss and counting.

i now realize why you all think i suck.

EVERYBODY BLAMES EACH OTHER in solo q

NOBODY will EVER admit to their mistakes

those ****ers make people like me look bad

when i say "my solo q teams are bad" you all think i'm one of the egotistical ones who can't admit to their mistakes

NO

MY TEAM IS WORSE THAN THE ENEMY TEAM 75% OF THE TIME

it's a ****ing fact. everything is out of my control.

it's understandable that you all think that way of me, but you're so wrong it's laughable.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Anyone see the top 5 plays they showed during ipl4? The 1 clip was of a janna and I wanted to show rauleen but I can't find it anywhere.
Was that the Janna who escaped on no health and managed to pick up like 4 kills while being chased?

Because that was sick.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
He's bigger,
faster
and stronger too

he's the first member of the Free Win Crew

UDYR
PHOENIX STANCE
He's the cheeser of the bunch, you know him well,
he never dies and he's gonna kick your tail

Then there's lee sin.

Make sure you know how to play them top too.
That's half the free win ability.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
250 elo loss and counting.

i now realize why you all think i suck.

EVERYBODY BLAMES EACH OTHER in solo q

NOBODY will EVER admit to their mistakes

those ****ers make people like me look bad

when i say "my solo q teams are bad" you all think i'm one of the egotistical ones who can't admit to their mistakes

NO

MY TEAM IS WORSE THAN THE ENEMY TEAM 75% OF THE TIME

it's a ****ing fact. everything is out of my control.

it's understandable that you all think that way of me, but you're so wrong it's laughable.

I hate playing to win in League.
It's almost as gay as Meta Knight. :applejack:
What do you even mean by hate playing to win? >_>

jpak

Smash Lord
play 5s. use solo queue to improve individually. if you say you cant improve from those games then just accept that you aren't good. i mean you can carry yourself out of it eventaully. then when you hit really high elo it doesn't matter like someone that is consistantly 2200 (at the current standings) can be rank 1.

no jungle is uncounterable it's more of a team response thing

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
if you're first pick make sure you go an uncounterable jungler.
Or support.

Otherwise it's your fault your team loses if you aren't counter picking their solos.
There are no uncounterable junglers.

edit: wow wat a ninja post. -_-

also, I wanna play 5s. You guys need to be on more so we can start. -_-

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
There are no uncounterable junglers.

edit: wow wat a ninja post. -_-

also, I wanna play 5s. You guys need to be on more so we can start. -_-
Give me 3 weeks and I'm all yours Dan, just need to finish school and/or apply for Riot first

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can't believe I forgot about school. Summer for most people is around 2-3 weeks away I guess. :[

And that's around the time I'll be getting my new computer and router. :D

john!

Smash Hero

jpak

Smash Lord
how have you proved it?

anyways something more interesting is hotshot will likely be switching to support and chauster will go top. i dont think this is a good change, both aren't comfrotbale with the new role. the reason why chasuter initially went to support instead of hotshot is because chauster can learn/already knows support while hotshot doesnt have a clue. hotshot wanted to learn support but felt the gap between him and other top supports was too much. i thought hotshot did fine top in IPL except for the last set.

whatever, you can be a mediocre support and your team can still perform well. but if you're really good then you can help the team lots.

btw chauster is probably the best laning support in NA, laning as in he does really well in lane.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Nothing makes me feel better than just ****ING Casseopeias up in lane. I HATE that character so much.

MF/Sona or MF/Alistar are my dream bot lane comps for the moment. MF/Sona seems like it'd be especially good.

John, I'm about where you were two years ago, around that elo range in normals, but I've started looking at my positioning relative to my role, and I've noticed a lot of room for improvement. Not saying that you haven't, but there is always a fresh way to look at things that might help.

Also, **** Cass.

john!

Smash Hero
i don't have a role. i just went ad lulu and went 2/1/7. i was originally supporting a teemo without farming (i was last pick), but he ended up going 0/6 and switching to ap (leaving us with no physical damage). the overall kill score was something like 12-25. it's hilarious how far above this elo i am and how terrible my luck is. i can **** around with a hero i've only played once and still stomp people. but nothing matters, i just lose lose lose.

Top Bottom