• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Okuser

Smash Ace
doublelift and chauster dominated the lane of course (a league of legends dominate which means 0 kills and 40 cs lead lol), but TSM didn't pick ashe + soraka for its lane dominance . it was purely a late-game pick, and pretty much the entirety of their lategame strategy after tier 1 towers had fallen revolved 100% around ashe.
nah, it revolved around the 200cs advantage vlad had on hotshot. but ok

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
god, i just had a game where i was doing great and rest of the team was doing decent enough, but we kept losing fights because people didn't want to position well/go after their carry, and they kept trying to surrender over and over, and eventually did even though we could have won. -_- quitters.

I've found that rushing frozen mallet is a lot of fun.

edit: man, just did mid karma against leblanc, I outfarmed the hell out of her and wouldn't let her kill/gank me, but then she started roaming and got fed off my teammates, so she got ahead of me and there was nothing anybody could do D:
ended up getting banshee's veil and stuff to defend against her, but meanwhile their kogmaw and others caught up and yeah

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh, mias were called, but my teammates weren't stellar. They did well enough but underestimated her burst or something :/

voorhese

Smash Master
Then you should have followed her down, and if you feel like it is a bait on you (to go into the fog of war and meet her and her jungler) call for help from your jungler while pinging like hell for the lane she went for to back the **** up

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Or shut her down in mid-lane. Your elo isn't high, right?

edit: point is, there's always something you can do better.

Lovage

Smash Hero
my take: if you're not lv. 30 or below 1200 elo and you lost the game, there were about 700 things you coulda improved on to dominate your lane, dominate the game, and have a much higher chance of turning a hard-to-carry game into a W.

i'm not saying every game you get dealt in solo que is winnable thru your good play, but if you consistently play like a high elo player, and aren't a delusional ******/rager and can learn from your mistakes, you aren't gonna be low elo for long at all.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dan are you giving me the cold shoulder
What are you talking about?

edit: Oh.

I dunno. I have to set the bar SOMEWHERE to ensure the team isn't just waiting on someone to get better at something before we can progress as a team. Ya dig? What if you were at 1500 elo and not 1600? 1400? Where do I stop saying "ok, you can join" at? Tryouts aren't really an option, and I don't play with you that much to see where you stand. We could play more tho.

But realistically, aside from me, you're the only guy that plays support and we need one, so you're probably in. :> I'll talk to the others about it.

(trying to be impersonal here. I know you're a cool dude)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, I'm starting to trust my mind more, and I've been doing better in solo queue. At the same time, I'm getting better teammates.

Also, Evelynn is SO MUCH FUN (for now). 50 seconds of awesome, every time.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Or shut her down in mid-lane. Your elo isn't high, right?

edit: point is, there's always something you can do better.
I don't know what else I could do. I had more kills/assist than most of my team, and no deaths for almost the whole game. I outfarmed the hell out of LB, and harassed her, but like I said she eventually started roaming and I can't exactly chase her.

bassem6

Smash Lord
dan, why arent you on? T_T

we got 3/5 of the team on right now although I dunno how I'll get px or izitserious on right now...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Still trying to convince myself to do at least one ranked game. Maybe put everyone on ignore?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
What are you talking about?

edit: Oh.

I dunno. I have to set the bar SOMEWHERE to ensure the team isn't just waiting on someone to get better at something before we can progress as a team. Ya dig? What if you were at 1500 elo and not 1600? 1400? Where do I stop saying "ok, you can join" at? Tryouts aren't really an option, and I don't play with you that much to see where you stand. We could play more tho.

But realistically, aside from me, you're the only guy that plays support and we need one, so you're probably in. :> I'll talk to the others about it.

(trying to be impersonal here. I know you're a cool dude)
Cool, let me know :bee: Luckily I'm support so all I need to do is hide in a bush and soak up experience while praying that I get carried :reverse:

Joking aside, I pressure jpak on a daily basis to make me his protege and he is slowly cracking, so just think of me as mini-jpak :denzel:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Autoattack harassing as support using bushes as cover is surprisingly tricky to do consistently. Or maybe I'm bad. Or both.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
If you are winning lane, you can win harder by pushing out and then ganking for your other lanes, especially as mid. You can also push out and take enemy wraiths. This will be best vs lb because she doesn't last hit at tower well and cant counter push back well. i don't know much about karma's play, but from what I can tell she should be able to clear pretty well compared to lb. And spamming pings helps. Following her could also work because it's 2v2 or 3v3 and if you are ahead and other lanes are fine you should do well. Also if she goes top: you, jungler and bot lane can do drag for free after about 8 mins. because even if enemy jungler comes (at lower elos i'm not sure they know dragon exists) you will have numbers. Well that is what was effective for me when I played a lot of mid.

What's The Point

Smash Master
If you are winning lane, you can win harder by pushing out and then ganking for your other lanes, especially as mid.
This doesn't work for bot lane as bot lane should never leave their lane. Two people out of lane is easy to call, support can't leave because then the AD will be bullied and denied, and the AD can't leave because he isn't farming and the support will die.

The push and gank method also works if you are losing your lane. Especially against something like LeBlanc who really lacks in wave killing. You need to know where wards are however since if your ganks never work you are putting yourself behind because you will miss CS.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If you are winning lane, you can win harder by pushing out and then ganking for your other lanes, especially as mid. You can also push out and take enemy wraiths. This will be best vs lb because she doesn't last hit at tower well and cant counter push back well. i don't know much about karma's play, but from what I can tell she should be able to clear pretty well compared to lb. And spamming pings helps. Following her could also work because it's 2v2 or 3v3 and if you are ahead and other lanes are fine you should do well. Also if she goes top: you, jungler and bot lane can do drag for free after about 8 mins. because even if enemy jungler comes (at lower elos i'm not sure they know dragon exists) you will have numbers. Well that is what was effective for me when I played a lot of mid.
I had a game.. Enemy Gragas gets super fed goes 6/1 in like 15 minutes (failed ganks giving him double kills), he starts ganking top and bot and gets 5 more kills without dying. My AD carry i'm supporting is 2/2 (dying twice to Gragas ganks, while killing the enemy ad carry twice) our top lane has like 1 kill and 3 deaths and our mid lane is 2/6..

First team fight happens and we win, get baron, and push them to their inhib and just keep winning from there.

I'm inclined to believe skill in teamfights is more important than getting fed and helping other lanes.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Not exactly. It's easier to punish mistakes more as you get ahead. Solo queue has a natural snowball effect. In teamfights, if they **** up, they will lose. They just have more leeway to **** up if they're ahead. Getting fed and helping other lanes gives you a higher chance of success rather than hoping you somehow win a teamfight.

On another note, I've been last pick for my last three games and have had terrible feeders in all of them call me bad for not "being a man" and engaging in their ridiculous 1v4 skirmishes.
Ohwell, it's Solo queue~

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Is Vlad a decent pick for mid vs Morgana? I've been practicing Vlad and I ended up playing it last night. The only hard part about the matchup is having no way to avoid Morgana's ult until you get hourglass (not sure if QSS removes shackle).

But other than that, it seemed like a freefarm lane. I forced Morgana to stay in lane, even when she had blue, and since Vlad doesn't really have CC anyway I wasn't really bothered by Black Shield either. I just repeatedly double warded mid so I could aggressively push against her.

And what's the status of Nidalee these days? She typically played AD bruiser now? Since I've picked up Vlad I've become more and more interested in push champions.

Top Bottom