• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

B!squick

Smash Master
Important double post. MK. Ban or no ban?

I voted ban simply because I'm just sick looking at him. The only tournament you can go to and not see MK in the top 8 is low tier ones. Matches with MK are boring unless it's MK getting rocked. Otherwise, MK either wins out right or wins by percent lead.

It's partially the fault of how they made MK and partially the fault of the game itself. Think about how much easier it would be to beat planking if grabbing the ledge only gave you half the invincibility it does now? I also think finals matches should never be decided by percent lead. Maybe we should adopt what I think they do in Japan with 10 minute matches which would make stalling more obvious and thus harder to ge away with.

Hell, maybe if everyone started using Bowser as a secondary, this would be less of an issue.

I also think that the fact MK even BEING this big of an issue with people says something as well.

So, all in all, long story short, MK bores me and I want to see what happens if MK is banned.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I voted no because players beat top Meta Knights with other characters. That's really the only thing anti-ban ever needs.

Not liking him is not a reason to ban him.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Well, I only won two out of my total twelve matches at GiGa with Bowser and Lucario as my vanguard. Would you believe I two-stocked Inferno's DDD using Bowser, two stocked VTS's Zelda with Lucario (second one was a SD on his part), and managed to defeat a G&W in a friendly with Bowser (close match)?

In short, I had alot of fun, and enjoyed myself.

Now that I am somewhat back, WHAZZAP?!

B!squick

Smash Master
Not liking him is not a reason to ban him.
I disagree. Would you vote yes for something you hate? Of course not. I live in America. Every four years when we vote for a new president, it always boils down to a popularity contest. I don't like MK and I'm curious as to what would happen to the Brawl meta without him, so I voted yes.

Besides, it's not like pro-ban is going to get the two thirds majority it needs. :)

Well, I only won two out of my total twelve matches at GiGa with Bowser and Lucario as my vanguard. Would you believe I two-stocked Inferno's DDD using Bowser, two stocked VTS's Zelda with Lucario (second one was a SD on his part), and managed to defeat a G&W in a friendly with Bowser (close match)?

In short, I had alot of fun, and enjoyed myself.

Now that I am somewhat back, WHAZZAP?!
Heh, way to be weird. We may have to look at the DeDeDe match up and reconsider how bad it is. Welcome back, by th way.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I really, really don't like Pit or Toon Link, but I wouldn't want to have them banned. =/

B!squick

Smash Master
That's because they're not as awesome as MK. Pit is like baby MK. Tink just has his wall of spam. And as I said in the Ganon social thread, I say we ban the penguin. :D

JOE!

Smash Hero
I voted no because players beat top Meta Knights with other characters. That's really the only thing anti-ban ever needs.
true, but how often?

Sure, Ally beat M2K, but after how many trys?

how many times do you see the top 8 of a tourney being:

MK
MK
-other-
MK
-other-
-other-
MK
MK?

MK also indirectly affects Snake's placings: Who beats Snake's bad matchups, allowing him to place a bit higher?

My point is, even though Mk has been beat at high levels, how often than not is it, and should it really be looked at at the few cases where it has occured?

B!squick

Smash Master
I hope no is thinking of M2K/Ally @ Gen as a good anti-ban point. M2K played terrible in that Genesis match. Game 1 of the first set was the closest one of all of them and Ally only won because he pulled a FAir out of his butt. I don't know how he landed it or if it was even planned, but M2K's playing just steadily declined from then on. It wasn't even a contest after that. I'm not exactly sure why he played so poorly, but it's not the M2K I'm use to seeing.

Thunderbolt333

Smash Apprentice
I disagree. Would you vote yes for something you hate? Of course not. I live in America. Every four years when we vote for a new president, it always boils down to a popularity contest. I don't like MK and I'm curious as to what would happen to the Brawl meta without him, so I voted yes.

Besides, it's not like pro-ban is going to get the two thirds majority it needs. :)

Heh, way to be weird. We may have to look at the DeDeDe match up and reconsider how bad it is. Welcome back, by th way.
sorry for the double post I dout the Bowser boards care anyway.

Jaydeth speaks the truth pro ban isnt going to get 2/3 of the vote sorry guys

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
The thing with DDD's match-up with Bowser is that the chaingrab is escapeable. Thats right, I said it is escapeable. When he chaingrabs you from zero, at about 40%, it is then that you can either roll away if your reflexes are like lightning, or you can jump. After that, its a matter of what you choose to do, I would recommend Klawing DDD out of jump escape as opposed to a roll escape.

Frame data doesn't mean jack if the knockback kills the chaingrab.

Inferno and VTS are good Zelda and DDD players, in a team, I am willing to bet they would be a force to be reckoned with. I also met with players like Amp, StealthRaptor, Joker, Aqua and even Ampharos.

Amp has an experienced Lucas, but I found that his playing style is often susceptable to getting thrown by Luc, his fight against a Bowser is also intense.

Most of my matches were close ones. With either Bowser or Lucairo, I either managed to one or two-stock my opponents each time. I even managed to tie against Amp. Though most my matches were 0-2.

I also asked them about what they thought about my Bowser, the close to unanimous is this (to them)...

"Its pretty good, better than most I've seen."

That lifted my spirits pretty well.

B!squick

Smash Master
DeDeDe generally gets you off stage before 40% Unless it's Final D, it only takes a couple. DeDeDe's BAir faster than all of Bowser's aerials so...

I'm just speculating though, I don't know much about the DeDeDe match up. And when you roll away, wouldn't you leave yourself open to a Dash Attack?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Nope, you can counter that with a Jab N' Klaw combo (Jab once, then follow with Klaw), or just D-Tilt or Jab Combo.

The friendly with G&W was a close match, I even kept a replay on the Wii we played on. I don't quite remember who it was that played me, but the main problem with his fighting strategy was that he plays too much like a conventional G&W.

I don't often use Klaw Hop, if at all, to me its not a necessary tactic, it only serves to get in the way and it only good for show-boating against terrible N00Bs. Thats my opinion anyway.

Side Note: Lucario's Dash Attack has a spike. Very situational however.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Please explain to me how Bowser can go even vs MK. Anyone that knows anything. Please.
bowser is very, very obese, and MK has a bit of trouble killing compared to other characters.

Being obese also means he has the biggest shield, and even MK has trouble pressuring it, and if he tries, Bowser has the best OoS option: the Fortress.

He also has an infanate grab-release on MK, and can kill MK VERY early

Jonas

Smash Champion
I was playing a MK who spammed a lot of nado. In the first match, he had controller port 1 and I couldn't punish nado with Up B OoS. Bowser Bomb from above didn't work either, which it should.
In the second match, we swapped controller ports and everything worked fine :/

Maybe I just mistimed things in the first match (although mistiming a Fortress OoS is incredibly hard), but from now on, I'm gonna be quick and grab controller port 1 when I face a MK =D

bigserg

Smash Apprentice
wow, seeing as no one is talking about anything and this thread is dying, how about a group discussion on either

a) who bowser's best team mate can be. we can go over each character and say whats good and whats bad.
b) bowser power rankings, if applicable...lol.
c) why bowser is the baddest mothaf***a in this game.

option c is rather self-explained.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Hi guys. Guess who just got back from TSL4. Things didn't exactly go as planned though... i didn't win, forgive me. I did get in a bunch of friendlies though and a few recorded matches so recent footage of me should be up soon. Played a lot of recorded friendlies with an awesome Link player known as Izaw, and on that note let me just say right now that Bowser is not at the advantage in that matchup.

TSL was great, so many awesome smashers. I learned a lot, taught a few things to others and surprised some people, i also got a horrible blister on my thumb from too much brawl so I'll be taking a short break to heal up and play other games. My next smashfest is at the end of the month, I'll try and win but man so many good players keep showing up. Playing Bowser is worth it though... if only to see the look on peoples faces when they lose... to Bowser :p

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Hey bowser boards, I'm a fresh newb to bowser, but I'll be playing him later today at a local tourney, and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
The Pokemon Trainer boards are discussing how well Bowser works as a team partner for us, so if y'all could give us your input over there, we'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Idk how well I did @ Gauntlet but I'm pretty sure I did bad. All I learned was that MK really is a bad match-up, I'm fully convinced now, I got gayed waaaay too much.

I either need MK practice or I just need an actual secondary. It was my first tournament that actually mattered, but I still was kinda ;-;. I'm definitely going to more though, for sure.

All in all it was fun though. IDK who to pick as a secondary...I'm kinda stuck on Snake and Wario but I just really need someone to put MK kinda down for me. I usually use Falco but I'm afraid to be gimped D:

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Ixis, do you know if Izaw will be uploading those friendlies? :o I already seen the Snake/Link vids he put up. Didn't know you played him though. :p

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Well today at the tourney I got crushed completely, but it was fun. It was a small tourney, but praxis and chip were there, and I lost to praxis in friendlies.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
Well today at the tourney I got crushed completely, but it was fun. It was a small tourney, but praxis and chip were there, and I lost to praxis in friendlies.
well that stinks that you lost but atleast you had fun

on the other hand im new bowser brawler ^_^

JOE!

Smash Hero
Limit just practice the MK match-up it's not that bad, really in a secondary you want someone who can handle IC's, DDD, Diddy.
which is why i have Yoshi and Jesus H falcon for backup with my boozering :p

in slightly off topic news: when the heck is the next There Will Be Brawl?

Bowsers in it!

B!squick

Smash Master
The Escapist, the site funding the project now, was late with check so, no show. Last I heard they had the money and had begun filming, so here's hoping it's out soon. In fact, I'll check it right now.

Top Bottom