• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I've yet to have problems following up unless they have good aerial movement. (EG: Wario/Squirtle/Jigglypuff)

Reading airdodges isn't hard.
Really?

I'm not saying I've never landed it. I have but I don't have a 100% followup rate on it :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
Uthrow to uair is sexy. To bad it can be really hard to predict a good airdodger or follow up one characters with good aireal movement.

I think U-air has enough lag in it to render anyone with a quick trigger finger the ability to air-dodge it. Unless they have vulnerability to it at low percents (like an area of frames where they can't do anything)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I think U-air has enough lag in it to render anyone with a quick trigger finger the ability to air-dodge it. Unless they have vulnerability to it at low percents (like an area of frames where they can't do anything)
Yeah, uair seems to be laggy enough for someone who's quick to airdodge but it can still work fairly consistently if you bait the airdodge.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Jump. Pause. They airdodge, you uair. ??? Profit

Most anyone who doesn't DI it properly will airdodge.

Alternatively there are a certain amount of people that (can't) touch the ground, and if you grab them out of their second jump... :3 They are left with dair, or airdodge. (or up-B I guess <_<)

Being above Bowser is generally a bad place. Uthrow tends to get people above you. :x That's why I like it.

Obviously I'll go for grab releases a lot as well. :p But if I do throw, it's almost always uthrow.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Jump. Pause. They airdodge, you uair. ??? Profit

Most anyone who doesn't DI it properly will airdodge.

I guess that works a lot better at lower damage but at higher damage most characters can just DI away and bowsers slow jump stops him from getting anywhere.

Being above Bowser is generally a bad place. Uthrow tends to get people above you. :x That's why I like it.
I agree with that but platforms seem far more vicious IMO. Utilt and Usmash are beast. You might even be able to pull off that free Fsmash tactic Gen showed. Not to mention it's a lot more safe then a possible uair.

Still uair's amazing kill power makes the risk a lot more reasonable.

Obviously I'll go for grab releases a lot as well. :p But if I do throw, it's almost always uthrow.
On the edge I love using dthrow. Works pretty good.

SuSa

Yep, it has set knockback. At 999% or 0% they will move the same amount if they DI forward and the same amount of they do not DI at all.

But shhh..... nobody uses Uthrow so nobody would know this. ;)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yep, it has set knockback. At 999% or 0% they will move the same amount if they DI forward and the same amount of they do not DI at all.

But shhh..... nobody uses Uthrow so nobody would know this. ;)
Really???

I never used uthrow at lower percents so I wouldn't know :p

I need to use it more often then :O

SuSa

Really???

I never used uthrow at lower percents so I wouldn't know :p

I need to use it more often then :O

It's a fantastic and highly underrated throw. Your opponent has like 4 options from it.

DI away + bair or airdodge (2 options)
Don't DI (or try and DI backwards. lawl) + dair or airdodge (2 options)

Do uthrow like 3 times, you should know what option they will try and choose. Then punish accordingly.

It also gets them in the air, then (believe it or not) you can actually juggle with Bowser. You can read for dsmashes/up-B's/uair's/fair's/bair's, or regrab upon their landing. Into..... a grab release or uthrow.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
It's a fantastic and highly underrated throw. Your opponent has like 4 options from it.

DI away + bair or airdodge (2 options)
Don't DI (or try and DI backwards. lawl) + dair or airdodge (2 options)

Do uthrow like 3 times, you should know what option they will try and choose. Then punish accordingly.

It also gets them in the air, then (believe it or not) you can actually juggle with Bowser. You can read for dsmashes/up-B's/uair's/fair's/bair's, or regrab upon their landing. Into..... a grab release or uthrow.

Yeah, I guess your right. It's still far from perfect but it can work fairly well.

Something else to practice :)

Yea, it is pretty situational and doesn't work on many stages.
I've only tried it on battlefield and it, surprisingly isn't a bad tactic.

Hard to land in a real match but, if have the situation to usmash and find that they shield and give me a free fsmash, I'm happy :D

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Taking this from the last few postings in the Q&A-Thread here.

Bowser King suggested of merging the Video Critique and the normal video thread and making them a sticky (with unstickying the old two ones should there not be the possibility of simple merging), as well as stickying the General Thread.

Following that, I also suggested a few other things in order to both unclutter the sticky mess and update the whole boards. My suggestions were updating the Directory thread with perhaps someone else taking over. Furthermore I was for updating the general Bowser guide (since it's really old by now) and merging it with several bigger threads such as JayDeth's Power-Guide, and perhaps the Grab Releases and the Frame Data (and Liquid Gen's Trixie-stuff, I thought of that right now).

I'll be assisting as much as I possibly can and would offer myself handling the Directory thread (use the Fox boards' and their Matchup-Index as credentials to see what I can do), as well as helping with a new guide.

Once we have gathered everything we want/need, we can contact the mods to have sticky/unsticky/close/change leader of threads.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Following that, I also suggested a few other things in order to both unclutter the sticky mess and update the whole boards. My suggestions were updating the Directory thread with perhaps someone else taking over.
I can do that but if you want too you can.

Furthermore I was for updating the general Bowser guide (since it's really old by now) and merging it with several bigger threads such as JayDeth's Power-Guide, and perhaps the Grab Releases and the Frame Data (and Liquid Gen's Trixie-stuff, I thought of that right now).
Merging with the power guide makes sense but I think the frame rate and grab release thread should stay seperate because there important threads on there own.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I don't mind - if you want to do it, go for it, heh. As long as you consistently update, it's all good.

I still think, though, that the frame data and grab releases shouldn't be stickies but rather linked and highlighted in the directory thread.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Air releasing people on Battlefield is pro. Especially if they land on a platform. (Some animations work well, like MK's)

Run underneath them, charge a Usmash, and laugh at their feeble attempts to shield, spot dodge, or roll. ^^

Flayl

Smash Hero
Air releasing people on Battlefield is pro. Especially if they land on a platform. (Some animations work well, like MK's)

Run underneath them, charge a Usmash, and laugh at their feeble attempts to shield, spot dodge, or roll. ^^
This is one of those things I keep telling myself to do when I watch a match of my own and always forget :ohwell:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Bowser will DEFINITELY be in TWBB. He's got so freaking much buildup already that he's definitely going to be an epic role.

Also, thanks for updating, I already kinda lost hope they would finish the new episode this month. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Jonas

Smash Champion

Yeah this thing.

Not sure if it was unconfirmed but it seems to work. Situational but possible.

Opponent can:
Jump
Air dodge
Tech

and then not get hit. Well, air dodging might not be the smartest thing to do, since airdodging in front of your opponent pretty much IS giving him a free Fsmash :/

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Opponent can:
Jump
Air dodge
Tech

and then not get hit. Well, air dodging might not be the smartest thing to do, since airdodging in front of your opponent pretty much IS giving him a free Fsmash :/
Yes but when you jump your above bowser, just where he likes it :p

B!squick

Smash Master
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, it's not. It's the most awesome series based on a video game ever, live action or other wise.

:O

Yes, friend, it is a LIVE ACTION series with the entire cast of Brawl acting out a TWISTED and DARK plot full of SUSPENCE, BETRAYAL, and COMEDY. It follows the story of Luigi in a DEPRESSING and GRITTY Mushroom Kingdom as he trys to find the fiend responsible for a recent string of murders and quickly finding himself and his friends caught in an ever growing WEB OF INTRIGUE!

Also, it has the most kick *** Ganondorf you'll ever see as played by the Director and Co-Creator himself.

Linky to the historic first episode, details on a DVD version still pending (as far as I know): http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/there-will-be-brawl/496-Episode-One

B!squick

Smash Master
Now I know why bowser isn't there :(. Live action makes it sound worse than machinima but hey I might as well check it out :D
This is BRAWL machinima you're refering to, remember? It barely ranks above puppet shows in it's level of complexity depending on how good of a hacker you are.

My Cat Owns

Smash Apprentice
If your opponent shields an aerial and you cancel by klawhopping, is it possible to bowsercide/bodyslam them or does the animation end too quickly?

Edit: oops i guess these questions should go in the q&a thread. I never really noticed it before :(

Dont kill me please

Jonas

Smash Champion
This is BRAWL machinima you're refering to, remember? It barely ranks above puppet shows in it's level of complexity depending on how good of a hacker you are.
To be fair, MALR has made some truly amazing Brawl machinimas, though Bowser is never really well represented in them :/
Gotta request some videos with Bowser, although he says he doesn't take requests ^__^
But yeah, his machinimas are really silly, whereas TWBB is a lot more serious. I guess live action fits seriousness a lot better.

Top Bottom